Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Bat Boy

I am new to OOTP and need help

OK I know a little about baseball, have seen a few games on TV in the UK and I am now trying to enjoy this game. In fact despite my lack of knowledge I AM enjoying it. Although I do find the amount of stats frightening.

I am using CubbyFan's real-life roster to help improve my knowledge of the real life players.

I am playing as the Detroit Tigers but I do not seem to have any scouts, nor can I sign any scouts. The manual says you have six but as far as I can see no team has any! What am I doing wrong here please?

Also when I tried to sign one free agent I got an option to claim him (which failed). But what does this mean?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Well you have to turn scouts on to get scouts. Go to game setup then turn on scouts.

I'm assuming that you didn't get to claim him because another team either made a better offer or he liked them more

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
OK I know a little about baseball, have seen a few games on TV in the UK and I am now trying to enjoy this game. In fact despite my lack of knowledge I AM enjoying it. Although I do find the amount of stats frightening.
This was a great thread for someone else in your situation. It's long, but if you read through it you will learn a great deal, I think.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=130199

Also, you should download and read the Game Guide; you will be glad you did. For one thing, it has an excellent summary of game stats in its appendix.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=119941

Welcome, and good luck!
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
This was a great thread for someone else in your situation. It's long, but if you read through it you will learn a great deal, I think.

Also, you should download and read the Game Guide; you will be glad you did. For one thing, it has an excellent summary of game stats in its appendix.

Welcome, and good luck!
Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post

Welcome, and good luck!
Sadly I am unable to find the game guide from the link provided (all 350 pages of it!!). The thread link is very helpful and I will read it in more detail. Having looked at the first page of it some of the questions I had have already been answered. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #6
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Sadly I am unable to find the game guide from the link provided (all 350 pages of it!!). The thread link is very helpful and I will read it in more detail. Having looked at the first page of it some of the questions I had have already been answered. Thanks again.
I've sent a message to battists about that. I think they rearranged the website when they introduced the Out of the Park Baseball 2007 forum and some things got lost in the shuffle. If he can find the link, I asked him to either post it here or PM me and I will post it. The Game Guide is great; he said it will be updated for 2007 but you can certainly use the 2006 version to get a head start (and for OOTP 2006, of course).

If you PM me with your e-mail address, I will send you the PDF file that contains the Game Guide. Warning: It's 16.3MB (zipping it in WinZip does not save much, 14.7MB), so your ISP may not allow you to receive it due to size restriction.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #7
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Sorry about the Game Guide link. Most of the site downloads are not functioning at present. Apparently Sports Interactive is in the process of migrating their site to a new server and much is disfunctional while the process continues. And before you ask, we have no idea when these problems will clear up.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote