Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:44 PM   #3101
Magus978
All Star Starter

We've got a race in Silver for the two wildcard spots between 4 OL teams. 3 of whom I expected, the 4th once again pulled a September surge out of their butt to be better than they really are.
Attached Images

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:19 PM   #3102
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

P404 Update:

Final Regular Season Standings:

1) 24-13 (0.649), Cigar City Lagers
2) 23-16 (0.590), Virginia Freeloaders (WC2)
3) 36-30 (0.545), California Quantum Condors
4) 25-23 (0.521), Battery Point Energizer Bunnies
5) 33-35 (0.485), Bold Strategy Cottons (NC West Winner)
6) 24-26 (0.480), Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens (AC Central Winner)
7) 23-26 (0.469), Kaneohe Mokes
8) 32-38 (0.457), Aina Haina Parakeets
9) 27-40 (0.403), Luckenbach Armadillos

The Cigar City Lagers dropped an astounding 7 games in a row to lose the WC2 spot by 1 game. Truly unfortunate, but at least they come away with the OL regular season title. Both the Lagers and the Quantum Condors ended up one game out of the playoffs, so in total 5 of 9 OL teams had a real shot at playoffs this season. Pretty good performance overall.

Additionally, all existing OL teams as well as the newcomer Gauchos have avoided relegation this week.

EDIT: Added in final regular season game results.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 06-30-2019 at 10:43 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:40 PM   #3103
Magus978
All Star Starter

Losing 2 out of 3 to Sad Hill probably ended what little hopes I had of stealing a wildcard. It'll be another week in the hellhole that is Silver for me. At least this will be a quiet Sunday where I don't have to do anything at all other than change the factors for next week.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:45 AM   #3104
joehart
All Star Starter

Looking For "Friends" to join "Our League".

Iron207 Playoff picture. 7 OL teams represented in the playoffs.
Good luck to all teams.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 06-30-2019 at 03:27 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:48 AM   #3105
joehart
All Star Starter

Silver 285 going to a game 163 for my own Sad Hill Hunters team.

Update: Sad Hill Hunters get lucky against the Terra Incognita Rustlers and get a late ticket to the wild card game.

4 OL teams represented in the playoffs.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 06-30-2019 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:52 AM   #3106
joehart
All Star Starter

Gold also going to a game 163 for my kiddos Seattle Endless Summer team. But this one is just to determine division winner vs wild card team.

Update: Seattle Endless Summer team win the division while the Motown Stars head to the Wild Card game. Good Luck.

4 OL teams made it to the playoffs. Good luck.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by joehart; 06-30-2019 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:59 AM   #3107
joehart
All Star Starter

P404 also going to a game 163.

This one features my other son and was a crazy race to even force a game 163. He was 4 games behind the OL City Cigar Lagers team and needed 4 wins to get to a tie and force a 5th consecutive game against the Lagers.

Update: Game 163 was won by the Renton Warriors team. Playoff picture below. Apologies to the Lagers....such a great name and image and terrible to see them lose 5 games in a row.

3 OL teams made it to the playoffs.

My kiddos sending good luck to Kushiel and his Xtreme team. One of them hopes that his Renton team can meet you one more time after going almost .500 against your team.

On a separate note: Seager reached 104 Defense at 1B and will win a Golden Glove award. It took a long time to get there but my son is thrilled to see how he does next season.

The Woodinville team is not expecting much. The Freeloaders managed to easily defeat the team towards the end of the season so it looks like it could be a quick exit out of the wild card game.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by joehart; 06-30-2019 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:00 AM   #3108
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 207 OL Final

The New York Mets are the champions. Congrats!
Attached Images
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:25 AM   #3109
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
P404 also going to a game 163.

This one features my other son and was a crazy race to even force a game 163. He was 4 games behind the OL City Cigar Lagers team and needed 4 wins to get to a tie and force a 5th consecutive game against the Lagers.

Update: Game 163 was won by the Renton Warriors team. Playoff picture below. Apologies to the Lagers....such a great name and image and terrible to see them lose 5 games in a row.

3 OL teams made it to the playoffs.

My kiddos sending good luck to Kushiel and his Xtreme team. One of them hopes that his Renton team can meet you one more time after going almost .500 against your team.

On a separate note: Seager reached 104 Defense at 1B and will win a Golden Glove award. It took a long time to get there but my son is thrilled to see how he does next season.

The Woodinville team is not expecting much. The Freeloaders managed to easily defeat the team towards the end of the season so it looks like it could be a quick exit out of the wild card game.
I wish them both the greatest luck in the world, even against me. I am absolutely thrilled for them. They both know and appreciate that I will not roll over for them as I wish them success. The Armadillos managed to avoid relegation even though they may have the weakest roster in the league. We will all be able to compete against one another again next season.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:26 AM   #3110
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Good luck everybody in the playoffs! For the ones not in the playoffs, "just wait 'til next year!"
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:35 AM   #3111
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze 209 OL Final

Victoria is victorious.
Attached Images
Old 06-30-2019, 06:39 AM   #3112
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze Playoff Bracket

8 of the 10 teams from OL, minimum of 2 will be promoted.
Attached Images
Old 06-30-2019, 08:21 AM   #3113
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G328 Final Regular Season Update

It's no hatchet job as Harlem convincingly wins Gold OL crown. Congratulations to the Hatchets!

In non-OL news
  • Seattle wins game 163 to take AC Central crown
  • Motown hosts AC wild card game
  • Cincinnati wins NC Central
  • Harlem hosts NC wild card game
I didn't even realize Motown and Seattle played a game 163 until it was mentioned upstream. I was too busy lamenting the (traditional?) late-season collapse of Annandale

Code:
Final Our League Standings - G328 - Oct 8, 2032			
			W	L	Pct
Harlem Hatchets		20	12	.625
Cincinnati Redlegs	23	20	.535
Seattle Endless Summer	25	22	.532
Motown Stars		25	24	.510
Cooper Gutter Cats	22	23	.489
Annandale Atom Smashers	22	25	.468
Shasta Black Bears	11	22	.333

x
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-30-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:56 AM   #3114
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

A Reminder

Might have time later to get the S285 standings together. I have the regular season records. Remember, the OL crowns are on based on regular season records. I think one of teams ended up tied in the wild card with another OL team. Those "play-in" games, as in MLB, are part of the regular season stats. I ask that someone in each league post the regular season OL standings, and the playoff trees. OOTP does post the playoff results later in the week, so that's not absolutely critical. The regular season OL results, however, turn back into pumpkins, when the servers begin preparing next season. I will check in later (maybe much later) to see if my friends list needs adjusting, but that's probably about it.

The wedding was truly amazing. We were using a private park for the event and the ceremony was planned under an arch about about 200 feet from the main party tent, in an open field. There were several pop up tents about 25 feet away from the main tent, with cocktail tables set up for use while the caterers prepared the meal.

As we lined up for the procession to the ceremony, with guests seated at the arch, it began to rain, so the grooms, bridesmaids, and parents moved under cover in the cocktail area. Within minutes, the rain became a violent storm, with those of us under the pop-ups holding onto them against the wind. One that was unoccupied blew a couple hundred feet across the field. The wedding party got soaked. The bride had never left the car, so remained dry. The rain continued for about an hour, rendering the ceremony area unusable.

My son and his fiance huddled with the planners during the deluge and decided to move the ceremony onto the dance floor. The sound system was also down (turned out to be a simple fix later on), so they came came in to a remarkable and moving, a capella four-part harmony song. Their first dance was to be "Stand By Me." Without a sound system, I told my playing partner that we should do it with an acoustic guitar and bass. When I got to the first chorus, at least 100 people joined in the singing. It was truly amazing and moving. As if on cue, the sun shone brightly by the end of the dance. During picture taking after the dance, the sound system was restored and the traditional parent dances, et al, proceeded with more unabashed, shared joy than any wedding I have ever been a part of. Later.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 06-30-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:44 AM   #3115
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I updated the P404 OL results in my post above. Congrats to the Cigar City Lagers!

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #3116
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

After spending about 90% of the season below the relegation line, the Rebels put together a solid last two weeks to push to 26th overall. We went 6-2 to finish out the year with series wins over three playoff teams. Probably would have been better to drop, but the rebuild will continue in Diamond next year.

trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:57 AM   #3117
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I wish them both the greatest luck in the world, even against me. I am absolutely thrilled for them. They both know and appreciate that I will not roll over for them as I wish them success. The Armadillos managed to avoid relegation even though they may have the weakest roster in the league. We will all be able to compete against one another again next season.
Dang it Kushiel.. How did the Extreme get in this league with us? Ha.. men playing boys. I am going to get swept.

Last edited by OMGPuppies; 06-30-2019 at 12:06 PM.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:46 PM   #3118
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Waffletown slips by Green Lake and Palolo to take the OL crown by the margin of a single loss on the Puppies side.

overall view:

AC East: Green Lake held off a September charge from Transylvania to take the division title. The Impalers secured the top wild card spot.

AC Central: Seattle faded in the stretch run and dropped back to 4th place in the division; but still only ended 2 games off the lead.

NC East: Southern coasted to a division title with an impressive 101-61 record (2nd best in the league), and a comfortable 13.5 game cushion over their second place rival.

NC Central: Palolo secured home field advantage throughout the post season with their league best 103-59 record, and 13 game cushion over second place Waffletown. The Syrups secured the top wild card spot and will host Mike Bros.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #3119
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Diamond league update:

Waffletown slips by Green Lake and Palolo to take the OL crown by the margin of a single loss on the Puppies side.

overall view:

AC East: Green Lake held off a September charge from Transylvania to take the division title. The Impalers secured the top wild card spot.

AC Central: Seattle faded in the stretch run and dropped back to 4th place in the division; but still only ended 2 games off the lead.

NC East: Southern coasted to a division title with an impressive 101-61 record (2nd best in the league), and a comfortable 13.5 game cushion over their second place rival.

NC Central: Palolo secured home field advantage throughout the post season with their league best 103-59 record, and 13 game cushion over second place Waffletown. The Syrups secured the top wild card spot and will host Mike Bros.
Good luck guys. Let’s get more teams into Perfect. Congrats on the OL crown Waffletown.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #3120
KWhit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
P404 Update:

The Cigar City Lagers dropped an astounding 7 games in a row to lose the WC2 spot by 1 game. Truly unfortunate, but at least they come away with the OL regular season title.
That was painful. I'm glad I was out last night and not following the end of the season in real time like I usually do. What an epic collapse!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote