Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Cannot Get Any Custom Uniforms to Appear In Game

This is my first time playing the game, and I downloaded some of the historical custom jersey and helmet sets before creating my first saved game.

I created a fictional league using real life historical team names and starting in 1980. However, I cannot get jerseys or helmets to show up in the game. I've tried experimenting with removing the years from the file names and even replacing the graphics in the saved game's graphics subfolders, but there doesn't appear to be any way to get the game to reload and properly use a jersey or helmet. And I can't seem to find anything to tell me how and where to configure the graphics so they are used with newly created games.

The online manual has instructions for creating subfolders and setting up custom uniforms, but this is only for quick start games. I'm not using a quick start and don't have any interest in this. And I can't find anything that explains how and where these files have to be saved in order to get them to work.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:42 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I've figured out where to replace and rename the jerseys in the saved game folder, but it's still unclear where I would need to create the appropriate subfolders for helmets, jerseys, and other graphics for all future saved games.

In the saved games folders, there is a folder called Graphics with all the subfolders for helmets, jerseys, etc. But there is nothing like this in the FHM folders in my documents in Windows. There is a Uniforms folder but no Graphics directory. Is the Uniforms folder where I need to create the subfolders for helmets, jerseys, and others? It seems like the saved games and the source documents folders don't use the same structure.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
monochameleon
Minors (Double A)

Before you start the game - ie. before you play any games in universe - you need to put all the uniforms, graphics etc in and then save the game as a "Quick Start". Then you will be able to start the game every time with the uniforms etc. already there. Alternatively, if you have already saved the game as a quick start, you can modify the quick start the same way you mod a save game - dump the graphics files into the relevant folder in the quick start instead of the save.
monochameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I would rather not keep using the same game as a quick start over and over again. So apparently this is not set up like OOTP where there are master folders with all the graphics that will be used for every game you start. With FHM, it has to be a quick start. But when you save games as a quick start, you're going to end up having the same starting players every time, and that's not what I would want.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 12-26-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:02 AM   #5
monochameleon
Minors (Double A)

Sorry, I'm still relatively new to this myself. Possibly there is a way to do that - especially if there was one in OOTP (which I haven't played yet) but I just don't know what it is.
monochameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:48 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Hmm, I would rather not keep using the same game as a quick start over and over again. So apparently this is not set up like OOTP where there are master folders with all the graphics that will be used for every game you start. With FHM, it has to be a quick start. But when you save games as a quick start, you're going to end up having the same starting players every time, and that's not what I would want.
You just use the folder anyway, either the quickstart or historical or opening day folder (best bet is to copy to all three) and the game loads the graphics from that folder for every game you start. It's a suboptimal design, but using the quickstart of historical folder will accomplish basically the same thing as suing the regular folders in OOTP in the end.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #7
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the feedback on this. I will give that a try. By the way, is there any way to save a league template for future use, or is a quickstart the only option? Having a template would make it a lot easier to set up a league again and see if the graphics folders will work.