Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #181
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

Darn... Now I'm stuck in this limbo where FHM breaks immersion because of crazy/weird waivers and EHM has some very broken mechanics...... Nothing to play till May!
umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:33 PM   #182
itsfurness
Bat Boy

Player Creation

Any chance that there will be ability to create players or a feature like that? I have some classmates who play hockey and would love to get them into this game.
itsfurness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #183
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Darn... Now I'm stuck in this limbo where FHM breaks immersion because of crazy/weird waivers and EHM has some very broken mechanics...... Nothing to play till May!
I ended up not wanting to wait for FHM2 and bought FHM a few weeks ago. I got to say I'm less then impressed with it. The waivers is one of the big issues. Also the whole trading system is a mess. I understand that it can take awhile to perfect things like this so I give them a pass. Why I won't give them a pass for are just the minor things that can be easily fixed. For example when I extend a players contract it doesn't update on the players profile or on the roster page until the next season. It does in salary obligations but it should on the players profile as well as soon as the contract is extended.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:04 PM   #184
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsfurness View Post
Any chance that there will be ability to create players or a feature like that? I have some classmates who play hockey and would love to get them into this game.
You can do that already, just take a random player and change their information in commissioner mode. For a lot of the information you'll have to edit it on a specific date. I forget exactly what that date is.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #185
kaleb101
Bat Boy

glitch

It say i need to enter game activation code and this is my first time playing this
kaleb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #186
AaronV
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb101 View Post
It say i need to enter game activation code and this is my first time playing this
This game isnt out yet. You have the wrong forum.
AaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #187
grazza
Bat Boy

Want to be constructive in my post here so please don't take it negatively. I would love to see another hockey sim up to standard of EHM so appreciate this takes time to build up. I think $40 set the expectations of something of that standard. I paid for first version so that is my good will investment and have come to accept this is for something I can hopefully enjoy in the future. I though if the same price range will need judge buying the game on its merits. Maybe if there was some goodwill shown to the guys that pre-ordered the original game in pricing then I would maybe be a bit more inclined to take a gamble. I think though I will try a demo if that's an option, get a feel for reviews, the better the earlier I would get it the worse I would maybe just get it in a steam sale or something if at all.

Best of luck guys take as much time as you need even if that means delaying things release something you can take pride in, I would have been upset if you gave up after the first try so good to see dedication.
grazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:50 AM   #188
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

It was just announced that EHM is making a comeback. Healthy competition never hurts, I guess. Will be interesting to see how FHM2 compares to almost a decade old game's resurrection.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #189
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
It was just announced that EHM is making a comeback. Healthy competition never hurts, I guess. Will be interesting to see how FHM2 compares to almost a decade old game's resurrection.
I have played and followed EHM since 2007, and there's no question it's a good game. Given the support and the crowd that hung on to that game for so long, it feels like it was inevitable that EHM would eventually be back.

Having said that, no way I give up my support for FHM and the work that's been put in, and hopefully will continue to be put in...there's a reason OOTP Baseball is tops in the world, and this game will get there.

It's not like the early versions of EHM were awesome. EHM 2007 got so much of it right, after a few iterations, and then they were really the only one.

As long as they don't give up, FHM will get there. No question about it.

Last edited by Statsman1; 03-26-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Statsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:55 AM   #190
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

To be honest, we are not really shocked about this news as we always knew that EHM would make a return at some point (EHM was never really away). We see it as opportunity to work even harder on FHM. We have a long-time plan with FHM and nothing will change now, other that we are even more motivated to improve the game.

I think it is a good thing for the (hockey) community to have competition because both sides can't just sit back but have to push hard to make the best possible game.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #191
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I think it is a good thing for the (hockey) community to have competition because both sides can't just sit back but have to push hard to make the best possible game.
Exactly. We've seen what no competition has done to EA's NHL franchise. NHL15 would probably be a lot better game if 2k was still in the race with them.
As far as this soon-to-be-rivalry goes, gonna get both games. You can never have too many hockey games.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #192
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
TODAY. You forgot to add that.. EHM comes back today.. WOW.. Didn't see that coming.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #193
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
TODAY. You forgot to add that.. EHM comes back today.. WOW.. Didn't see that coming.
Yeah, open beta basically. But paid.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #194
UHAcommish
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
From a review written today Regarding EHM:EA...

Online / Network Multiplayer
EHM:EA sees the return of 30 player hot seat which is great news for online fans. In EHM 2007 there was a 15 player limit, forcing players to stick with EHM 2005 if they wanted a 30-player online game.

At the time of writing, the online mode is temporarily disabled in game. However, the developers have plans to improve the online mode and enable it once these improvements have been implemented.
UHAcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #195
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHAcommish View Post
From a review written today Regarding EHM:EA...

Online / Network Multiplayer
EHM:EA sees the return of 30 player hot seat which is great news for online fans. In EHM 2007 there was a 15 player limit, forcing players to stick with EHM 2005 if they wanted a 30-player online game.

At the time of writing, the online mode is temporarily disabled in game. However, the developers have plans to improve the online mode and enable it once these improvements have been implemented.
So? FHM 2 will have an online league mode as well. Let's stick to the topic here, which is FHM 2. Thanks,
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:41 PM   #196
UHAcommish
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
So? FHM 2 will have an online league mode as well. Let's stick to the topic here, which is FHM 2. Thanks,
Sorry, was just pointing out that their online mode for right now is turned OFF. Which I think is a big negative for them.
UHAcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #197
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

The feature list of FHM 2.0 looks good to me for a version 2.0 of this game.

In my opinion the online league play feature should've been removed from this version and to be included in version 3 or 4.
I think they really have to focus on making a solid sim game first instead of adding features and functions that can break the experience if they aren't done right.

What I really liked about EHM was that all the basic stuff worked very well. Swimming a game, trading players, drafting players it all worked great. This is why people did play this game so long after the official support of the owner was gone. You could play 10 seasons in EHM and the game still worked like season 1 and those players drafted in the first round would become the next great NHL players.
Even the history section in the game was made simple but very cool. If you coached an OHL team you where always watching the stats, If you had a potential 1st overall player you'd always try to break OHL history records.

The game didn't become boring - or fake because Claude Giroux got traded for Sean Avery + 5th round pick.
If something like that happens in a game ( EA ) I already press delete/quit.

OOTP keep development going and show us version 1.0 of this game was just unlucky and everything went bad that could've gone bad and you guys have learned from all of that.
With EHM getting back on the market I think there is little room for error left, or skate on the " we create the best baseball sim game in the world for 15+ years " leg.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:48 AM   #198
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
With EHM getting back on the market I think there is little room for error left, or skate on the " we create the best baseball sim game in the world for 15+ years " leg.
OOTP showed commitment from day 1 with an ultra-small development team which bodes well for the future.

Even with resources at hand, SI re-realeased EHM07 and basically said 'let´s look if you´re paying before we decide to commit further to the game after a few months'

For myself, i´ll buy both but i´m way more excited about FHMs future

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #199
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

I like EHM: EA, but I don't feel that much has changed since the 07 version. Yes, they highlighted a couple changes but none of them seem that major to me, and the stupid fixed resolution irks me to no end.

Even if it wasn't the greatest game, I saw plenty of potential from FHM v1, and I am sure it can (and hopefully will) surpass EHM: EA. Especially if this EA period doesn't develop much further.

I'll buy both games because I love hockey and sim games. As an above poster said, a little competition doesn't hurt. I have utmost faith in Sebastian and co. that they will try and make this the best game possible and not just try to only be better than EHM.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #200
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

After having played EHM:EA for about a week now, I can honestly say that I think FHM2 is going to be a much better game in terms of gameplay options and realism. With that being said, there are a few things from EHM which I think would be great to see in FHM series such as training camp. All in all I'm very excited to see a finished product!
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote