Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #61
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
You made an excellent point I never even thought of...and agree fully on.

I found the immersion factor and my ability to compete greatly increased by doing the period by period sims, I could see how the AI opponent weighted their lines against mine, and by changing the T.O.I. I could keep my best defensemen on the ice against the opponents #1 lines more often - which depends how you set your team up. My #4 line is my checking line and often gets the bulk of the minutes when I have the late lead as Marcel Goc is leading the league in FOW and LW Bergenheim and RW Kopecky are both positive +/- so it is definitely better than the AI minutes assigned to them before.

There is also the fact of managing game minutes so at the games end I don't have defensemen playing 30+ minutes and my first liners having 25+ minutes.

This is the one feature where FHM is clearly superior to EHM and along with scouting is probably the most underused... but as you pointed out its just my $.02 and opinions are like...
I wish i had the time to watch through every game and make adjustments but unfortunately that's life lol. I more or less just try to be strictly GM so it doesn't take me a few weeks to get through a season lol
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #62
Jagorix
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post

I could go on and on but that has to wait until we make the official announcement. The newsletter (with feature list and release info) seems to go out on Friday, 20th February, maybe I will release the info before here on the board (I can't wait to talk about FHM 2, I`m very exited ).

I'm too excited so I have to ask, any chance we see this info this week?
Jagorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:43 AM   #63
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

One thing I would like to see is a really active trade deadline. Some kind of countdown timer where there are active trade offers coming in. In some way it could be like ootp where you can run the day in real time. That would be gold IMO.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #64
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorix View Post
I'm too excited so I have to ask, any chance we see this info this week?
I wrote it somewhere but we had to move the newsletter back to early March since everyone is working hard on OOTP/iOOTP at the moment. But I have the text ready and will post it a bit later tonight.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #65
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheat42 View Post
One thing I would like to see is a really active trade deadline. Some kind of countdown timer where there are active trade offers coming in. In some way it could be like ootp where you can run the day in real time. That would be gold IMO.
That could be interesting, maybe an option to sim an hour instead of a day? There's certainly a couple good ways to do it.
umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #66
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
That could be interesting, maybe an option to sim an hour instead of a day? There's certainly a couple good ways to do it.
Personally, I would like to see the deadline broken into 3 parts all taking place before the noon cutoff...early morning, mid morning and late morning. But I think we're aways from something like that being implemented.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #67
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I absolutely hate the interviews and team speeches for the same reasons as you so I doubt they find a way into FHM anytime soon. Better player/staff interaction on the other hand is a must at some point.
Is this a firm no to ever having any interactivity with the media?
While I agree having team interviews and speeches before every game would be overkill, I really miss the occasional ability to comment on a news story that EHM had.
ie. speculation that I was willing to trade such and such a player.

It wasn't frequent, but it really made it feel much more like a believable world to me when I wasn't completely disassociated from the media.
I'm not sure it ever had much impact under the hood, but superficially it created the impression that the fans/media were tangibly part of the game and what I did mattered to them and not just pure flavour text.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #68
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand View Post
While I agree having team interviews and speeches before every game would be overkill, I really miss the occasional ability to comment on a news story that EHM had.

It wasn't frequent, but it really made it feel much more like a believable world to me when I wasn't completely disassociated from the media.
I'm not sure it ever had much impact under the hood, but superficially it created the impression that the fans/media were tangibly part of the game and what I did mattered to them and not just pure flavour text.
I quite agree with this.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #69
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

The media interaction that Sebastian and I were talking about is on a whole different level than occasional interaction with the media. This was mandatory (you could not advance the game without doing it) and happened before every match and after every match. This was in addition to comments on transfer rumours and other media interactions.
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #70
tran
Minors (Single A)

Talk to folks in the EHM online leagues to get an idea about immersion.
Immersion is being able to look around your hockey league, 15 years out, and click through old drafts to see who panned out and who busted.

The beauty of EHM is the sheer size of the world and the various, convenient ways to explore it.

Sorting. Filtering.

You can spend 30 minutes just clicking around without ever simming.

That's what FHM lacks.
tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:57 AM   #71
Garethw87

Quote:

I agree also. However I agree with Seb with regards to too much 'interviews' ect. Look at Football Manager, most of your time you are answering the same stock questions over and over and over again. EHM was subtle and every now and then you'd be asked a simple question with a simple response. Nice and easy! Something like that would be nice.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #72
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran View Post
Talk to folks in the EHM online leagues to get an idea about immersion.
Immersion is being able to look around your hockey league, 15 years out, and click through old drafts to see who panned out and who busted.

The beauty of EHM is the sheer size of the world and the various, convenient ways to explore it.

Sorting. Filtering.

You can spend 30 minutes just clicking around without ever simming.

That's what FHM lacks.

We all look back on EHM in fondness. And although I still play it today, we must remember that even it was not great with the history tracking. EHM would delete all players and gone are all the previous draft stats, players stats, league leaders in various seasons (with the exception of the top ranked player), teams player stats in any season were not available etc etc.

The truth is FHM has no better example than OOTP to look too. And it is clear with FHM2 that they are taking the good with EHM and OOTP for history tracking and combining them, if they know it or not The below was one of my favorite screens for my team looking at past picks in EHM
Attached Images

Last edited by dave1927p; 03-17-2015 at 09:01 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:49 AM   #73
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
We all look back on EHM in fondness. And although I still play it today, we must remember that even it was not great with the history tracking. EHM would delete all players and gone are all the previous draft stats, players stats, league leaders in various seasons (with the exception of the top ranked player), teams player stats in any season were not available etc etc.

The truth is FHM has no better example than OOTP to look too. And it is clear with FHM2 that they are taking the good with EHM and OOTP for history tracking and combining them, if they know it or not The below was one of my favorite screens for my team looking at past picks in EHM
That screen is awesome!
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote