Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #261
pens66
Major Leagues

Don't know where to put this exactly, as I do not consider it a bug, but here goes:
In custom leagues you can theoretically set up a league with teams from a very small region, i. e. a single province in Canada only. Now I figure that a league like that should have to option to be for Canadians only. That is possible by limiting the number of foreigners to 0. However, tons of "foreign" players are created for the initial draft and also for all upcoming entry draft. I guess that's because the created players are based on the real life database. But that doesn't make sense, does it, to include foreign players, if they can't ever play in the league??
Now ,teams do indeed draft "foreigners" in the inital draft, but can't play them. Because their rosters are incomplete for the first scheduled matches the game crashes every time...

Edit: After further testing with that savegame, I have to say that something else is messed up, too, and probably causes the crashes in the first place. However, the original point stays: foreign prospects shouldn't be there ;-)

Last edited by pens66; 09-12-2013 at 05:49 PM.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #262
Swell86
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle View Post
There is a crash that I can replicate every time. If you go to a team that is CPU controlled, find on their protected list a player who is an RFA. Right click on that players name. Crash happens at this point. Every time.

Easiest example is Alex Pietrangelo of the Blues.

The exact same thing happens to me every time I do that as well. Same player & all. I keep trying to trade for his rights, but it ends up crashing the game.
Swell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #263
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but I cannot set ice time for defenders in custom leagues. The ice time will always be 15\15\15 for all 3 D pairs, and changing these settings will result in a crash.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #264
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

1) Sort/Filters not being remembered ... on most screens. IE Free Agents, filter for Right Wings, sort by ability ... click into a player profile, hit the back button and have to filter and sort again

2) Protected List tab of Roster view ... filters don't work at all .. you cannot filter by position.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #265
AlArenal
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle View Post
There is a crash that I can replicate every time. If you go to a team that is CPU controlled, find on their protected list a player who is an RFA. Right click on that players name. Crash happens at this point. Every time.

Easiest example is Alex Pietrangelo of the Blues.
That's by design because no other team is supposed to get our #27 ;-)
AlArenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #266
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Trade Accepted!

I am using the St. Louis Blues and started in 1987 in historical league mode. Been playing around with the trade feature (sure wish I could force trades! ) and just had one accepted with the LA Kings. Trading a number of players for draft picks. When i received the Trade Accepted news/email, the "Respond to Message" box, which would allow me to accept the trade, is not able to be clicked. It's whited out, unlike the other yellow boxes.

Also, I've noticed when I tie another team in a game, the score is listed as "Drawn 2-2" or "Drawn 3-3" instead of as a "Draw".

Minor inconvenience, but thought I'd point it out.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #267
BostonStrong
Minors (Double A)

help please!!

first off im having a blast playing im in my 2nd year with the bruins for some reason since day one as its siming it will always say not responding then start siming again ive dealt with that but now I cant get past mid November with out the game saying not responding than windows saying checking to fix problem than a second later saying must close program its super annoying cause im having so much fun can this be a easy fix? please help asap thank you im running the game on windows 8 with a hp laptop that I just got a week ago just to play this game on a up to date computer
BostonStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #268
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing the 1972-73 WHA with 0 points for an OT loss and no shootout. One team has played three games and their record is 1-1-0. Shouldn't an OT loss with no points register as just a regular loss?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #269
Doctamike
Bat Boy

I posted this a while ago, but never heard anything from the developers, so I figured I would try again, with even more detail this time. Ever since 1.0.3, I cannot make a trade. Whether I right click on a player or go through the Trade Players menu option, I get a screen that looks like this: Name:  FHM Trade Bug.png
Views: 387
Size:  475.9 KB

I'm playing as the St. Louis Blues. As you can see from the screenshot, none of the teams I have highlighted are me. The players in the list, however, are mine. But I can't click on any of them to add them to the trade. I've also highlighted the scout's report. That scout is not mine. I assume he's Calgary's scout, since that's who the team in the top box is. This particular screen was encountered by going through the Trade Players menu. If I right-click a player and select Make Trade Offer, I get the same screen, but with two European teams. I'm still not able to add any of my players to the trade.

The second and most annoying part of this bug is that every day I get about 30 trade rejection proposals from Anaheim. This causes my simulation to stop and I have to delete all of my messages every day. Here's a screenshot of the messages:
Name:  FHM Trade Rejection Bug.png
Views: 362
Size:  429.3 KB

As you can see, Anaheim is rejecting a trade proposal of Nothing for Nothing. I don't blame them. But I never initiated that trade. And this happens every day. I can't respond to the trade rejections. All I can do is delete them. Every. Day. I have to sim day by day instead of by week like I prefer.

I really hope one of the developers reads and responds to this. I really want to love this game, but this bug is an absolute game breaker for me. No trading and no simming? Those are the two reasons I bought this game in the first place.
Doctamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #270
moore4807
All Star Starter

Reinstall is needed

Doctamike,

St Louis was one of the buggy teams. The 1.03 was supposed to fix it. I'm NOT one of the developers but I would double check that your version on the bottom of your opening screen says V1.0 build 3... I did a short test right after the update came out and St Louis worked fine for me. I was able to trade and sim fine.

I would say reinstall your copy and try it again. There are going to be things like this happening - try to include your computer info with the complaint so the dev's can see if its possibly an OS or video card problem. (that occasionally happens too) I'm going to post below this with something I found with Philly.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #271
moore4807
All Star Starter

Found a small problem

I just started a new NHL season and found something I haven't seen yet.

Vinny Lacavalier (who has a no movement clause) was sent down to Airiondack Phantoms by the computer just before training camp! Now I can't move him back up to Philly! It tells me he has a no movement clause,
Duh!
I hit the set up organization button on Sept 9th to see who the computer thought I should promote...

OS is Vista 64bit 12GB mem 500GB HDD
Attached Images
Old 09-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #272
Doctamike
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Doctamike,

St Louis was one of the buggy teams. The 1.03 was supposed to fix it. I'm NOT one of the developers but I would double check that your version on the bottom of your opening screen says V1.0 build 3... I did a short test right after the update came out and St Louis worked fine for me. I was able to trade and sim fine.

I would say reinstall your copy and try it again. There are going to be things like this happening - try to include your computer info with the complaint so the dev's can see if its possibly an OS or video card problem. (that occasionally happens too) I'm going to post below this with something I found with Philly.
Yeah, it's Build 3. I remember the quickstart issue Build 1 had with St. Louis, and I downloaded the fix for that as soon as it was up. Everything worked fine up until I installed Build 3 right after it was released. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and I still have this problem.

PC specs in case they're relevant:
Windows 8 64-bit
Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz
Radeon HD 7850
8 GB RAM
ASRock H77M Motherboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #273
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

I think the reaction a player has to being sent to the farm team needs to be tweaked.

The younger a player is, the less frustrated they should become ... especially considering that player happiness has an effect on player development.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #274
Mizerooskie
Bat Boy

Not sure if this is a bug, or a particular problem with my saved game:

I can load my saved game fine, and do anything that doesn't involve progressing in the game (altering lineups, rosters, tactics, etc.), but as soon as I try to sim forward, the game crashes.

It's a standard game, and I'm in March, 2015. Only NHL, AHL, and ECHL are playable (I think).

Anyone else with similar experiences?
Mizerooskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #275
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctamike View Post
Yeah, it's Build 3. I remember the quickstart issue Build 1 had with St. Louis, and I downloaded the fix for that as soon as it was up. Everything worked fine up until I installed Build 3 right after it was released. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and I still have this problem.

PC specs in case they're relevant:
Windows 8 64-bit
Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz
Radeon HD 7850
8 GB RAM
ASRock H77M Motherboard
I just noticed you said you used quickstart game... I used a new game and named it STL... you also are in 2014 so I assume everything went ok in 2013's season? I have read others complaints on this thread where to varying degrees and dates there is a freeze, crash, corruption in the second year.

I also notice that Windows8 seems to be predominantly the OS having the most problems... This is not a fact, just opinion where I'm seeing people put in the spec's (why I think it's so important to track spec's)

Well my suggestion didn't help, I'm going to go try the quickstart STL game and see what happens... BTW do you have any mod's loaded? I took logo's off the site and so far I have no problems.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #276
buschk
Bat Boy

Ive had instances where I am at a trade negotiation from my messages, and the negotiate link brings me to two random teams. For example, I am Detroit and it brings me to a Calgary and Ottawa negotiation
buschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #277
BabyLemonade
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschk View Post
Ive had instances where I am at a trade negotiation from my messages, and the negotiate link brings me to two random teams. For example, I am Detroit and it brings me to a Calgary and Ottawa negotiation
This is the most noticable bug i encountered in the new built.Many times another trade screen appears(another team or a previous trade proposed by me-even a trade from another saved game).i have to go back to the player profile and ask for trade again to go to the correct one.Also i noticed that although i set the players training if i continue a day or two the AI changes it.
Same thing with tactics.I play out every game but i like to set up a general tactic that i alter depending the outcome of each game.But if i continue a day the tactics are not saved.
From my side kudos to the development team..The game after the first patch is free from crashes and major bugs.Thinking how OOTP Baseball sim is right now i cannot be anything but optimistic about FHM future.
The only crash i had was when i tried to play out my first game of the season on a fictional league.I had to sim to the following day and from then i could continue on playing.
One question.Is facegen going to be added later in this version?
Old 09-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #278
bphilipb
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Goalie gets pulled; new goalie no stats

Played a game (not simming) with '74 Flyers and was getting beat pretty bad. Goalie was pulled for back up who played most of the 2nd and 3rd periods. When I looked at stats after the game, back up goalie had no stats. He wasn't even listed as playing in the game.

Also, a small bug with playing with past years... the names of the arenas are wrong. You have the current names of the arenas. I know this is very small potatoes compared to everything else but it will add to the realism if you have the old names like the Spectrum, Chicago Stadium, Olympia Stadium, Maple Leaf Gardens, Kemper Arena, Pittsburgh Civic Arena, etc...etc.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #279
wfborges
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure the 3rd build functions as intended.

I played the beta and first build without problems. Since downloading the third build, my save game from the first build crashes every time I try to negotiate a trade, specifically when I try to propose the team and load the other team's players. The 3rd build is also crashing at random times -- I would estimate I am getting about 20-40 minutes of game time before it shuts down.
wfborges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #280
Doctamike
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
I just noticed you said you used quickstart game... I used a new game and named it STL... you also are in 2014 so I assume everything went ok in 2013's season? I have read others complaints on this thread where to varying degrees and dates there is a freeze, crash, corruption in the second year.

I also notice that Windows8 seems to be predominantly the OS having the most problems... This is not a fact, just opinion where I'm seeing people put in the spec's (why I think it's so important to track spec's)

Well my suggestion didn't help, I'm going to go try the quickstart STL game and see what happens... BTW do you have any mod's loaded? I took logo's off the site and so far I have no problems.
The only "mods" I have are league and team logos and player pics. Yes, none of this started until my second year, which also coincided with installing Build 3 since I was aware of the resign players bug. However, this still happens if I start a historical game and it occurs in year one in that instance. As far as Windows 8 goes, I've been running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free