Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
drew
Bat Boy

MBL - Major Baseball League - 2017 - Miami Marlins available

www.mblsim.com

Come check us out, competitive league with modern players currently in the 2017 season. Now is a great time to join as the playoffs are underway, so you get to make decisions on contract extensions, arbitration, non-tenders etc. prior to the offseason! We rarely have openings these days so don't pass up the opportunity to prove your worth!

Scouts/stars/coaches off
Talent ratings 2-8
Ability ratings 1-10
Other ratings 1-5
Sim schedule: 5 days every Tuesday / Thursday / Sunday

Site password is 'mbl'

To apply, click on the Apply to Join link on the site or HERE.

Availalbe teams:

Cincinnati Reds
Miami Marlins

Last edited by drew; 01-28-2013 at 10:06 PM.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
cohke666
Bat Boy

This is a great league with a great commissioner. Sims are always done on time, the managers are real active and the gameplay is great.

Perfect time to get in like he said. In the playoffs so you can evaluate your team just in time for free agency and trades.
cohke666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
hank9481
Major Leagues

Well said fellas. We need applicants. I run the league, have for over a decade and I enjoy it. I appreciate the kind words about my leadership, but I assure you our league would be nothing without the strong core of members we have. Consider joining us!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
drew
Bat Boy

Miami and Cincy are still available. Both clubs are good opportunities for the right GM to build them up as both have some good things going for them: Miami with some elite veteran players, and Cincy with some elite prospects.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
NateAndStuff
Minors (Triple A)

Your league looks awesome and I'd absolutely love to take over a team, but I don't think I'm qualified. I've always dreamed of doing an online league but don't know anyone who plays OOTP and wouldn't know where to start. Good luck to you guys though!

Oh and I hope you don't mind if I just browse the site for a while. I'm an OOTP addict but even I can't believe the level of detail that's gone into this thing.
NateAndStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

I applied for the Marlins!

Edit: I was looking at your site and was wondering why some players current ratings are above their potential ratings. Why? Which ratings are the talent ratings? I see the ability ratings are the con/pow/eye or stu/mov/con and that the "other ratings" are speed, defense, bunting etc.

Thanks

Last edited by Tyler87898; 01-28-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
forgivy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I applied, Im on aim/skype all night, Ill be waited to be contacted if you guys would like to do some sort of interview
forgivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
drew
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
I applied for the Marlins!

Edit: I was looking at your site and was wondering why some players current ratings are above their potential ratings. Why? Which ratings are the talent ratings? I see the ability ratings are the con/pow/eye or stu/mov/con and that the "other ratings" are speed, defense, bunting etc.

Thanks
The talent ratings are on a 2-8 scale, similar to how scouts evaluate players in real life on a 2-8 scale. The current ratings are on a 1-10 scale. So a 6 potential on the 2-8 scale will result in a current rating of 7 or 8 usually, but it varies, which keeps it interesting.

UPDATE ON AVAILABLE TEAMS: The Marlins have now been filled, while Cincy possible also filled

Last edited by drew; 01-28-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
The talent ratings are on a 2-8 scale, similar to how scouts evaluate players in real life on a 2-8 scale. The current ratings are on a 1-10 scale. So a 6 potential on the 2-8 scale will result in a current rating of 7 or 8 usually, but it varies, which keeps it interesting.

UPDATE ON AVAILABLE TEAMS: The Marlins have now been filled, while Cincy possible also filled
Cool, thanks.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
hank9481
Major Leagues

We have 2 new openings in the MBL. We're in Spring Training of 2018 and about to start the season and have our draft. It's a great time to jump on board one of the most dedicated and enjoyable leagues in the OOTP community.

Seattle Mariners - playoff team 2 seasons ago with several quality players including Felix Hernandez, Dustin Ackley, Casey Kelly and others

Pittsburgh Pirates - playoff teams 2 seasons ago as well with players like Jameson Taillon, Justin Verlander, Justin Morneau and Pedro Alvarez

Don't miss out! We're looking for dedicated members who want a competitive league with fun GM's and a realistic approach.

Our website is www.mblsim.com. The password to view is mbl. Fill out an application today!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
ddogg77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey all. I have been in Hank's leagues since 2000 / 2001. Since we moved to OOTP (OOTP 5), we have had constant group of strong GM's with measures to make sure each team is filled with competent and competitive people who enjoy OOTP and love baseball. The schedules are consistent, the content is always fresh, and the core group of managers for this league is second-to-none. Join up now. We are getting ready to start our annual draft (2018) and the teams open are not a wreck. Hope to see you all soon!

Damian
MBL Twins
ddogg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
drew
Bat Boy

The rookie draft is on Sunday with Opening day the following Tuesday. Great time to join a great league! Pittsburgh drafts 11th overall, Seattle drafts 15th overall.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
drew
Bat Boy

The teams have been filled. Thank you to all the applications for your interest.