Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
DougS
Bat Boy

Slightly different Mac license issue

Am having an issue with the Mac version spontaneously de-licensing my copy that seems a bit different from the other issues I've seen described here.

I'm running the most recent patched version under OSX 10.4.11 on a MacBook Pro.

What happened is this: I successfully upgraded to the 10.2.16 version, successfully licensed it and carried on with the game that I had been playing before I upgraded. I quit out of the game as normal. But when I re-opened the program to resume playing this morning, it's the demo (i.e., unlicensed) version. There's no "Your license is no longer valid" message; just the demo version prompt screen.

Any insights or solutions? I'd really rather not have to apply for emergency release of my license every time I want to play.

Don't know if this is significant, but the OOTP 10 application icon in my directory has a circle-slash through it.

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Am having an issue with the Mac version spontaneously de-licensing my copy that seems a bit different from the other issues I've seen described here.

I'm running the most recent patched version under OSX 10.4.11 on a MacBook Pro.

What happened is this: I successfully upgraded to the 10.2.16 version, successfully licensed it and carried on with the game that I had been playing before I upgraded. I quit out of the game as normal. But when I re-opened the program to resume playing this morning, it's the demo (i.e., unlicensed) version. There's no "Your license is no longer valid" message; just the demo version prompt screen.

Any insights or solutions? I'd really rather not have to apply for emergency release of my license every time I want to play.

Don't know if this is significant, but the OOTP 10 application icon in my directory has a circle-slash through it.

Thanks for your help!
My first thought is that your OOTP application is damaged. This sort of thing has not been happening lately, with the patches, but I suspect it is still possible. If you are comfortable with downloading the game again, installing it some place else, and then dragging just the application to your existing OOTP folder (to replace the one that is in there), that is what I would try first. It's hard to guess what the status of your license situation is, but it sounds like you know how to recover that if it's tied up.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
DougS
Bat Boy

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
My first thought is that your OOTP application is damaged....
Thanks, Steve! I have a feeling you're right. I downloaded the latest version of the demo, copied it over my old folder, and already I can see a difference. The application icon in the directory is the baseball with an "X" in it, not the outline circle with a slash through it.

Assuming that the web store is cool about releasing my license, I'm guessing I'll be good to go.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Assuming that the web store is cool about releasing my license, I'm guessing I'll be good to go.
You shouldn't have a problem with that.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
DougS
Bat Boy

All is right with the world

It worked! So I guess you can close the thread.

Thanks!
Closed Thread