Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
NolePaul2008
Minors (Rookie Ball)

36 team schedule with interleague

Hi,

I have a 36 team league with two sub leagues, three divisions each with six teams. I want to do interleague play. Is that possible. Can someone create a schedule for me for that please.
NolePaul2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

One option is here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2408847

Another is the three you can find in this:
All Sim Baseball
(they are the ones under 36 teams with names like ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T6_D2_T6_D3_T6_SL2_D1_T6_D2_T6 _D3_T6_c_T36-D72-N72-I18-S#.txt)
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
NolePaul2008
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I tried that 36 team schedule you have linked in that other thread, but Im getting an error message saying that the structure in my league is different from the schedule structure, even though my league is two sub leagues with three divisions and six teams each.

Secondly, I clicked on the schedules for 2009 on the All Sim page, and the repository is coming up empty. I don't have to pay to use that one do I?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolePaul2008 View Post
I tried that 36 team schedule you have linked in that other thread, but Im getting an error message saying that the structure in my league is different from the schedule structure, even though my league is two sub leagues with three divisions and six teams each.
I had something like that pop up during beta testing. It has to do with the originally selected schedule options chosen on the Options tab not matching up to what is specified in the schedule file. There are a couple of simple workarounds to that.

To be sure I understand where you're at and where you're trying to go, could you please post up the exact structure of your league and which schedule options (e.g. balanced yes/no, interleague yes/no, etc.) you originally selected for your league.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
NolePaul2008
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My league structure is this...

Two Sub Leagues

Three divisions per subleague and six teams per division.

Currently I have interleague turned on and balanced schedule is not checked. I also have it set for 162 games per team.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Currently I have interleague turned on and balanced schedule is not checked. I also have it set for 162 games per team.
Were those your originally selected options? Can you take a look at schedule report and see if the list of team matchups in the current schedule matches an unbalanced with interleague parameter, or if it better fits a balanced with interleague parameter?

Also, is the schedule file gmo linked to earlier the schedule file you want to use for your league?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 AM   #7
NolePaul2008
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I want to use something similar that will allow interleague play.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #8
NolePaul2008
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here is that current file from gmo

SIZE= SCHEDULE type="ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T6_D2_T6_D3_T6_SL2_D1_T6 _D2_T6_D3_T6C_" inter_league="1" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="162" start_month="4" start_day="1" start_day_of_week="2" allstar_game_day="100"

Last edited by NolePaul2008; 07-10-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #9
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Okay, if the league structure matches the league structure specified in the schedule file but when you try to import it you get the error message saying the league schedule structure doesn't match, what that really means is that the parameters set in OOTP are not matching up to what is specified in the schedule file.

I ran into something similar during beta testing. The league structure was correct, and even though I was sure I had set the correct parameters, I got the error message. The simple workaround is to edit the schedule file to change the parameters so that OOTP thinks it matches what has been set in-game.

Note that the name of the file and those lines at the top of the schedule file are just labels. They don't actually have to match what the schedule actually is. In other words, you can call a schedule file a balanced schedule with interleague play, but the schedule itself can be unbalanced with no interleague play. OOTP doesn't know about the schedule itself, but just what it is labelled as in the file name and in the file header lines.

So, what you can do is make four copies of gmo's schedule file. You'll want to try four different combinations: 1) interleague yes, balanced yes; 2) interleague no, balanced no; 3) interleague no, balanced yes; and 4) interleague yes, balanced no. In the file, a zero means no and a one means yes.

For #1, change the entries for interleague and balanced to read as follows: inter_league="1" balanced_games="1"
For #2, the entries would be: inter_league="0" balanced_games="0"
For #3, the entries would be: inter_league="0" balanced_games="1"
For #4, the entries would be: inter_league="1" balanced_games="0"

Change the file names for each copy to match the entries specified inside the files. Specifically, the first part of the file names before the game number would be changed to read:

For #1: ILY_BGY_
For #2: ILN_BGN_
For #3: ILN_BGY_
For #4: ILY_BGN_

The rest of the file name and the entries inside the file don't have to be changed.

Provided the number of games in your season is 162 games (the same as in gmo's file), during the pre-season period try to import each of the four schedule file copies one at a time. One of them should import successfully. At that point you'll know what schedule parameters OOTP was expecting to see (and it may be different from what you've tried to enable on the Options tab).

I know I did this sort of editing and got a schedule file to import when previously I had gotten the error message. Essentially what you are doing is tricking OOTP into thinking you're importing one kind of schedule file when in fact you're importing another. As far as I'm aware, the difference in parameters as compared to what the schedule is itself should not have any ill effects.

From time to time, depending on your initial league setup and chosen parameters, OOTP can sort of get stuck and keep using the old parameters even after you've tried to select new ones.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #10
NolePaul2008
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tried that, and no success. I guess its not ment for me to have interleague schedules. At least the schedule that BMO with the non interleague play that is similar provides a balanced schedule, so I may give up on the interleague play and just use that.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #11
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tried that, and no success.
At what point did you try it? During the off-season? Pre-season? Has the league already played out a full season yet, or are you still trying to set it up? There is some sort of problem with your league because changing the parameters will work (provided you are sure the rest of them are correct).
Old 07-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #12
NolePaul2008
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This will be my third season, and right now Im in the preseason. The league is also one I imported from OOTP8. I wonder if that may have anything to do with it.