Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #41
BirdWatcher
All Star Starter
 
BirdWatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,974
Thanks: 1,503
Thanked 780x in 545 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Now if I could only figure out to get some more views, like behind the catcher at field level.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to set these up? I looked at the edit ballpark 3D model page but it scares me.....
Not sure I saw a response to you on this.
I'm totally tech challenged but I can assure you this shouldn't scare you.
The good thing is, you can play around in there but unless you save a new camera view you haven't really done anything. So I would encourage you to just play around a bit with it and explore. The way I learned was just by clicking on the various options to see what they did. Zoom in, zoom out. Change camera angles. You can even just move things by sort of grabbing the 3D image and dragging it around. (Didn't explain that well, but hopefully you'll figure it out.) Oh, and you'll suddenly find yourself behind a concrete wall or under the stadium or way out in space looking down on the stadium, or some such thing. Don't panic. There is always a way back. You haven't broken anything. The reality is that most of the really cool angles you might find will leave you with some blind spots where you will miss on-field action. And you might have to play around with settings in-game (like what gets hidden during play) or some of your new camera angles will lead to game play being hidden behind widgets. The important thing is, if you find an angle you really want to try out during a game, save it and make sure to give it a name so that you aren't just saving over one of the already existing views.

It is great fun to settle in with a low view behind home plate and watch the pitcher and catcher animations.
BirdWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Bluenoser (03-19-2019), endgame (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 02:12 PM   #42
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer
 
Bluenoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 11,498
Thanks: 1,183
Thanked 3,582x in 2,165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Not sure I saw a response to you on this.
I'm totally tech challenged but I can assure you this shouldn't scare you.
The good thing is, you can play around in there but unless you save a new camera view you haven't really done anything. So I would encourage you to just play around a bit with it and explore. The way I learned was just by clicking on the various options to see what they did. Zoom in, zoom out. Change camera angles. You can even just move things by sort of grabbing the 3D image and dragging it around. (Didn't explain that well, but hopefully you'll figure it out.) Oh, and you'll suddenly find yourself behind a concrete wall or under the stadium or way out in space looking down on the stadium, or some such thing. Don't panic. There is always a way back. You haven't broken anything. The reality is that most of the really cool angles you might find will leave you with some blind spots where you will miss on-field action. And you might have to play around with settings in-game (like what gets hidden during play) or some of your new camera angles will lead to game play being hidden behind widgets. The important thing is, if you find an angle you really want to try out during a game, save it and make sure to give it a name so that you aren't just saving over one of the already existing views.

It is great fun to settle in with a low view behind home plate and watch the pitcher and catcher animations.
Thanks for that, do you have to do this individually for each stadium?

I'm trying to remember, maybe back in 17/18 there was a default view behind the catcher. Not sure why it was taken out.
__________________
"I don't think a manager should be judged by whether he wins the pennant, but by whether he gets the most out of the twenty-five men he's been given." Chuck Tanner
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:24 PM   #43
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: San Jose
Posts: 128
Thanks: 84
Thanked 62x in 36 posts
Excellent progress with the 3D, thank you! Lots of refinements and overall improvement in realism / accuracy, including pitching from the stretch with runners on base (nice touch!).

One criticism though: when players are running they seem to have this stutter every 3-4 strides, like they have a piece of gravel in their shoe or something Would be great to see that smoothed out a little.

EDIT: Fixed in the beta patch!! Great work.

Last edited by Harry Hibbs; 03-20-2019 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Fixed
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Dr.K (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 02:24 PM   #44
BirdWatcher
All Star Starter
 
BirdWatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,974
Thanks: 1,503
Thanked 780x in 545 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Thanks for that, do you have to do this individually for each stadium?

I'm trying to remember, maybe back in 17/18 there was a default view behind the catcher. Not sure why it was taken out.
Yes, it's a stadium by stadium process. But it really is a lot of fun zooming around the ballpark. You get to see parts of the 3D park that you won't see just viewing it from the standard pre-set camera angles.
BirdWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #45
silvam14
Hall Of Famer
 
silvam14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dedham, MA
Posts: 7,239
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 6,044x in 2,165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hurray, 12 years of pitching in organized baseball finally paid off!



Seriously though, after the motion capture session I was sore for almost a week...


Next you can be the hair model for whenever you implement hair in facegen. Haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Senior "Nancy Boy" of the OOTP Boards
_______________________________________________
silvam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #46
tward13
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,733
Thanks: 166
Thanked 375x in 206 posts
Angry

Intentional walk, the pitcher shouldn't be throwing to the catcher
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #47
texasmame
All Star Starter
 
texasmame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Texas
Posts: 1,256
Thanks: 206
Thanked 342x in 180 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Intentional walk, the pitcher shouldn't be throwing to the catcher
He should. Baseball IRL has it wrong!
__________________
Currently stewarding the 2nd year franchise the MONTANA BIG SKY in the N.L. West.
Currently: July 4th, 69-27, 18 games in first.

"I thought we were going to get pants this time around." - Zappa1
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
7 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (03-19-2019), BusterKing (03-20-2019), Calvert98 (03-19-2019), low (03-21-2019), Mariner and Giants Fan (03-21-2019), Yarideki (03-20-2019), zappa1 (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #48
Zorro
Hall Of Famer
 
Zorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,767
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,798
Thanked 1,223x in 897 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The pitcher glitching should be fixed in the next release
Is that the glitch where it looks like the pitcher throws the ball and then we see him wind up again and throw it?
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Mariner and Giants Fan (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #49
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 8,691
Thanks: 982
Thanked 10,683x in 4,216 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Is that the glitch where it looks like the pitcher throws the ball and then we see him wind up again and throw it?
No, the glitches where he tends to teleport around a little when he's either making a play in the field or going over to cover 1b on a play.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zorro (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 08:15 AM   #50
Zorro
Hall Of Famer
 
Zorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,767
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,798
Thanked 1,223x in 897 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
No, the glitches where he tends to teleport around a little when he's either making a play in the field or going over to cover 1b on a play.
Ok, Got it. Was the other one I mentioned reported ? Sorry , I just donít want to overload the bug report.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Mariner and Giants Fan (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #51
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 8,691
Thanks: 982
Thanked 10,683x in 4,216 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Ok, Got it. Was the other one I mentioned reported ? Sorry , I just donít want to overload the bug report.
I haven't seen it, no, so if you see it please do report it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:23 AM   #52
Zorro
Hall Of Famer
 
Zorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,767
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 2,798
Thanked 1,223x in 897 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I haven't seen it, no, so if you see it please do report it.
Ok, Thanks Matt.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #53
IanIachimoe
All Star Reserve
 
IanIachimoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: paper st.
Posts: 560
Thanks: 824
Thanked 331x in 170 posts
just watched a SS jump to avoid a sliding runner when turning a double play.

very cool!
__________________
IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
MBarrett (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #54
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer
 
Bluenoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 11,498
Thanks: 1,183
Thanked 3,582x in 2,165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Ok, Got it. Was the other one I mentioned reported ? Sorry , I just donít want to overload the bug report.
There's no such thing as overloading the bug reports. If you find a bug and don't report, then it won't get fixed.
__________________
"I don't think a manager should be judged by whether he wins the pennant, but by whether he gets the most out of the twenty-five men he's been given." Chuck Tanner
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #55
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 8,691
Thanks: 982
Thanked 10,683x in 4,216 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
There's no such thing as overloading the bug reports. If you find a bug and don't report, then it won't get fixed.
Yeah, don't write 20 versions of the same bug, or if you see what sounds like the exact same issue, then you don't need to report it. But especially movement bugs aren't exactly hard to report (not like you need to go upload a 200mb file to our server), so don't feel bad about noting things down.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #56
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)
 
Royalsusedtorule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 245
Thanks: 12
Thanked 43x in 28 posts
Definitely improved overall ... love the pitching motions and, overall, fielders are much more realistic ...

I have to include one downer, however ... really thought the glitch where centerfielder runs backward only to have ball land in front of him for a double would be fixed ... with the other enhancements, wouldn't think that would be that hard to fix? ... especially since it's been a past issue?

Oh well, nice work overall ... I haven't had a chance to do much with XX yet, but am looking forward to experimenting as my time frees up ...
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
AKAthatoneguy (03-20-2019), Dr.K (03-20-2019), torpidbeaver (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #57
tward13
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,733
Thanks: 166
Thanked 375x in 206 posts
I like the player movements. Much better.

But there needs to be work on having players go to the right spots for cutoffs. No one lines up the throw properly.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #58
jimmysthebestcop
All Star Reserve
 
jimmysthebestcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 621
Thanks: 152
Thanked 292x in 179 posts
I need SS ball flip to 2B when right beside each other. The full windup at point blank range has to go.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
AKAthatoneguy (03-21-2019), DaBears (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #59
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 267
Thanks: 43
Thanked 78x in 49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post
I have to include one downer, however ... really thought the glitch where centerfielder runs backward only to have ball land in front of him for a double would be fixed ... with the other enhancements, wouldn't think that would be that hard to fix? ... especially since it's been a past issue?
Ouch, OOTP dropped the ball on this one, pun intended.

Two versions of this in a row should not be happening.
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #60
highandoutside
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 545
Thanks: 64
Thanked 93x in 51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post
I have to include one downer, however ... really thought the glitch where centerfielder runs backward only to have ball land in front of him for a double would be fixed ... with the other enhancements, wouldn't think that would be that hard to fix? ... especially since it's been a past issue?

.
Bummer. Hope this one gets squashed at some point.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
AKAthatoneguy (03-21-2019), DreamTeams (03-20-2019), Qrusher14242 (03-23-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments