Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #41
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balerstos View Post
Done. Uploaded under js_1.zip
It looks like you copied the player.dat file as well - that's timestamped two days earlier than your other files and is identical in size to the one in the quickstart. Unfortunately, unless you made a backup of the files you replaced, that's probably broken the save - all the player data from it will have been replaced.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:51 PM   #42
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if it's the latest patch or not (it was a bit of an issue in FHM3 as well) but in every one of my seasons LD significantly outperform RD. The top 20 or so D in the NHL in terms of average game rating are LD and the majority of top scorers are LD.
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #43
JeffR
FHM Producer

I've noticed that as well. I've been trying to find a reason for it, but no luck so far - there's no differentiation between LD and RD in the game rating scoring system, I don't see much of a difference in the visible stats that go into the ratings (aside from what might be explained by a slight talent imbalance between LD and RD), and it doesn't show up in other quality measures like the advanced stats. We'll have to dig a little further to see if there's some explanation for it.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:16 AM   #44
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

For the player of the month and goalie of the month for NHL or AHL ECHL or any leagues is it possible to mention their stats for that month in the article as well not just saying so and so is the player of the month of so and so is the goalie of the month.. Would be nice to see what their stats were for that month to make them the player of the month... just an idea
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:15 AM   #45
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by #4BobbyOrr View Post
Not sure if it's the latest patch or not (it was a bit of an issue in FHM3 as well) but in every one of my seasons LD significantly outperform RD. The top 20 or so D in the NHL in terms of average game rating are LD and the majority of top scorers are LD.
For what is worth, in the KHL it's the same. You need to dig down to #47 in my sim to find the first RD.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #46
jcrogie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just uploaded save jcrogie2

I got to February 1st, 1919 and suffered the "not enough players on roster" bug...full roster with satisfied requirements...AI will not build a lineup.

EDIT: I think it may have to do with changing the position of one of my forwards to D and the AI not acknowledging the change when trying to set a lineup.

Last edited by jcrogie; 10-16-2017 at 02:36 PM.
jcrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #47
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

OTTP has a League Team Page does this Game have one yet because that's where you can Affiliate another League with Another like for example Southern League with NHL then those Teams to can have a Affiliate with a NHL Team?
Old 10-17-2017, 01:08 AM   #48
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrogie View Post
I just uploaded save jcrogie2

I got to February 1st, 1919 and suffered the "not enough players on roster" bug...full roster with satisfied requirements...AI will not build a lineup.

EDIT: I think it may have to do with changing the position of one of my forwards to D and the AI not acknowledging the change when trying to set a lineup.
I think we've got it fixed, just testing the changes now. Hoping to get an update out soon to correct it.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #49
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I went to the league history for OHL and it doesnt have the Canada CHL Super Series games against Team Russia...

It's a 6 game series between the 3 Major Junior Legaues and Team Russia team which is made up of possible players for WJC squad.

Games 1 and 2 are made up of WHL all stars 3 and 4 are OHL all stars and then 5 and 6 are QMJHL all star teams.. it's hosted by 2 teams from each of the leagues..

http://chlcanadarussia.ca/article/20...oaching-staffs
Old 10-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #50
croatian
All Star Starter

One question, if I win KHL with non russian team, will russian league winner achivement count as well or just outsider one ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #51
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/na...ournament=true

U17 Challenge consist of Canada Red Canada Black and Canada Red, Sweden, USA, Russia, Finland & Czech Rep. It is hard to code you could always made it in code where 1 of the Canada Teams is made up of U17 prospects in QMJHL or have their rights held by QMJHL teams, same with one from OHL and one with WHL or just have Canada select 3 squads worth of players mixed from all kinds of leagues of OHL, QMJHL and WHL
Old 10-18-2017, 01:12 AM   #52
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
One question, if I win KHL with non russian team, will russian league winner achivement count as well or just outsider one ?
Should be both.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:16 AM   #53
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Only for me every rookie of the year is a goalie, even the nominees? Even after starting a new game its still goalies
kexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:53 AM   #54
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kexet View Post
Only for me every rookie of the year is a goalie, even the nominees? Even after starting a new game its still goalies
Yeah, that was a bug in this update, it'll be fixed in the next one.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #55
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, that was a bug in this update, it'll be fixed in the next one.
Guessing no ETA on this?
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #56
JeffR
FHM Producer

Pretty soon. Testing a possible release candidate now.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #57
croatian
All Star Starter

Minor bug - in historical challenge with Bruins, sometimes in scoresheet doesn't appear first assist, but does second one...I can put screenshoot if that helps.

like goal Esposito, A1 - , A2 Orr
Old 10-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #58
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Jeff just a quick question.. how come all of CHL say for example playing in OHL all of the OHL farm team is Eastern Junior B... There is no set team.. Like if i send a player from OHL team down to my development team we dont have a specific development team its just called Eastern Junior B. So like when i go and check to see how my players did in the league u have the whole league stats not just my development team type thing.. Just wondering will this be fixed down the road in future verisons
Old 10-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #59
croatian
All Star Starter

New bug - I got message about how Boston coach got fined after press conf. tirade. The problem is in message was written my name, although I am not the coach, but only GM. And I noticed that after second season I am not named for GM of the year nor my coach is nominated although I am dominating regular season.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #60
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Jeff just a quick question.. how come all of CHL say for example playing in OHL all of the OHL farm team is Eastern Junior B... There is no set team.. Like if i send a player from OHL team down to my development team we dont have a specific development team its just called Eastern Junior B. So like when i go and check to see how my players did in the league u have the whole league stats not just my development team type thing.. Just wondering will this be fixed down the road in future verisons
It's just a generic "send to juniors"
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote