Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-03-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Some suggestions...

Here's some suggestions, if they're already in game and I've missed them please let me know

- Have a points log, so you know why your points balance keeps increasing (i.e. which accomplishments etc. earned you points)

- Fix the column headers in place for large lists so when scrolling down you still know what the columns are showing

- Get the search working correctly, there's cards on the auction, but when I search for the player the game doesn't find them, think I know why, auction works across all leagues, but the search is only for my league, correct?

- Have a 'find friends' or 'wait for friends' option so you can join up in the same league with friends

Last edited by mikezone13; 11-03-2018 at 07:43 PM.
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

One more...

- Show the purchase/sale history of each card, so I know that if I bought a guy for say 1,000 I know what I need to sell him for to make a profit
Old 11-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

One more

- Show some auction stats for each player card available for sale, e.g. highest sell price, lowest sell price, avg sell price, # sold etc.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
- Get the search working correctly, there's cards on the auction, but when I search for the player the game doesn't find them, think I know why, auction works across all leagues, but the search is only for my league, correct?
I discovered after a few tries that the search is case-sensitive, so it could be that. Might be nice if it weren't though.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #5
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Here's some suggestions, if they're already in game and I've missed them please let me know

- Have a points log, so you know why your points balance keeps increasing (i.e. which accomplishments etc. earned you points)
It is there. Under the Main drop down menu on the Perfect Team Home Screen
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:25 PM   #6
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
It is there. Under the Main drop down menu on the Perfect Team Home Screen
I'm looking for more of a log..

Date - Accomplishment
Date - Auction for player X won
Date - Auction for player X received

And so on...
Old 11-04-2018, 03:45 AM   #7
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

And another one...

- When selecting a player and looking at the player profile, nowhere can you see their handedness, I know I can see this for my active roster when setting the rotation, pen, depth chart and lineup, but for guys on my reserve roster it would be good to be able to see this so I know if I should dump them or keep them as a possible platoon guy
Old 11-04-2018, 07:54 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
I'm looking for more of a log..

Date - Accomplishment
Date - Auction for player X won
Date - Auction for player X received

And so on...
That is a good idea

By the way, that "friends" option will be implemented soon
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:02 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
One more

- Show some auction stats for each player card available for sale, e.g. highest sell price, lowest sell price, avg sell price, # sold etc.
Yes, this will be implemented soon, too.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
And another one...

- When selecting a player and looking at the player profile, nowhere can you see their handedness, I know I can see this for my active roster when setting the rotation, pen, depth chart and lineup, but for guys on my reserve roster it would be good to be able to see this so I know if I should dump them or keep them as a possible platoon guy
The handedness is listed in the sub-title of the player profile, below the Player Name.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #11
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

One thing that I thought would be a cool idea is to keep track of how many points a player card has earned you. So when they make a solo acheivment, say getting 5 hits, then on their profile it shows that they earned 250 points or whatever the actual number is.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #12
Malova
Minors (Double A)

Another suggestion: will the games be archived so I can watch any or all of them if I want?
Malova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malova View Post
Another suggestion: will the games be archived so I can watch any or all of them if I want?
Only during one season. After that box scores etc get wiped out. But, you can manually archive them, the recaps etc. are stored in the folder \replays inside your PT league folder once you have downloaded & watched them.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:30 PM   #14
markprior22
All Star Starter

In the auction house, would it be possible to shade alternating rows so it is easier to follow the player info from left to right?
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #15
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
In the auction house, would it be possible to shade alternating rows so it is easier to follow the player info from left to right?
If you play with the light skin you will see the alternating rows.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #16
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Another suggestion

- I'd like to see a 'player source' tag on their profile/history, i.e. where did I get the player from

Examples
- Sourced from inaugural packs 15 May
- Purchased at auction for 1,500 PP 20 June
- Found in purchased standard pack 15 July
Old 11-05-2018, 06:40 PM   #17
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

I feel like some sort of timer when a card is bid on nearing auction end would help cut down on the auction sniping. Maybe something like if it's bid on in the last five minutes before auction end, reset the timer to five minutes. It's a little disheartening to place a bid only to get sniped with not enough time to even move the cursor over to the bid text box. That said, I'm enjoying the mode so far and even though it's only beta I've had some fun watching my team go.
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #18
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
One thing that I thought would be a cool idea is to keep track of how many points a player card has earned you. So when they make a solo acheivment, say getting 5 hits, then on their profile it shows that they earned 250 points or whatever the actual number is.

great idea, I like it!
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #19
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarideki View Post
I feel like some sort of timer when a card is bid on nearing auction end would help cut down on the auction sniping. Maybe something like if it's bid on in the last five minutes before auction end, reset the timer to five minutes. It's a little disheartening to place a bid only to get sniped with not enough time to even move the cursor over to the bid text box. That said, I'm enjoying the mode so far and even though it's only beta I've had some fun watching my team go.
Five minutes is way too long. 30 seconds are enough to make up your mind, although since all auctions seem to run to expire at the same second in a minute, I'd wager the minimum would be to add a minute.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #20
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarideki View Post

bid what you are willing to pay. if the current bid is at 50 and you bid 200, you will only have to pay 51 unless someone else bids higher than that at some point

if someone "snipes" at the end, they would have to still pay over the 200 to actually win. which meant they paid higher than you were willing to go
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote