Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 06-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Video Tutorial: Setup Online Options, FTP, etc

Now on YouTube in High Definition :

Part 1: YouTube - ‪OOTP 12 Setting Up Online Options Part 1‬‏

Part 2: YouTube - ‪OOTP 12 Setting Up Online Options Part 2‬‏

Please share and "like"!

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Robert Savard
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post

Here is my issue, when i started my league i assign all the GM to their own teams, when i found out about the new way to do online game, i sign in (being the commish)and register my league. Now my issue is none of my GM can't join my league since i am full, but how can they play the game now? and what do i have to do to give them the tools to see the game and been able to play the game, be patient i am a novice with ootp12 been an old timers with 6.5

Thanks for your help
Robert Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
beorn
All Star Starter

I ran into trouble following these directions, and the only difference I could see is that I use a GoDaddy server.

My solution was
Fidel entered username@host.com
I entered just username
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beorn View Post
I ran into trouble following these directions, and the only difference I could see is that I use a GoDaddy server.

My solution was
Fidel entered username@host.com
I entered just username
Yes. Depending on the host, you may or may not need that part.

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 07-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
Alan T
All Star Starter

There have been some commonly asked questions that I want to try to help clarify with the setup window. This is for OOOL leagues only, for non-OOOL leagues, the setup is still like it was in OOTP11 (for the most part).

1) In League file Upload options, it is important to make sure that the directory you use for Target Path on Server is the same location that you use in League File Download -> League File URL. You can verify it by manually uploading some small file using your ftp account and putting it in the target path on server directory. Then try downloading that same file from your web browser using the League File URL.

2) For League file name in both Upload and Download, you don't need to provide the full .lg or .tar.gz. Just give it the name of the league and the game will take care of the rest. It is just very important to make sure the league file name matches exactly in both League file Upload and League File Download locations.

3) In League File Download, make sure that your League File URL is the directory. In previous versions, you would provide the exact filename in this spot. That has changed in OOTP12, and providing the full path to a file here will cause it to not work (due to how ootp12 uses dynamic file names now)

4) In order to test the League File Download settings in this window, you actually need to manually put an index.html file into the League File URL folder on your server, otherwise the test will fail.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images
Old 07-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Marines990
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you for the Pic, and the additional information.

Disclaimer, I am a first time Commish

Can you confirm the steps after the file is set-up.

1. Upload file to website, I put it in the folder gmae/lgfile, should it be in Game/Export?

2. After the file is in the correct location on the website, do I:

a. Have the GM's download the file from the site and join the league via OOOL?
b. Just have them join the league via OOOL and the file will download through that.

3. Is there any additional steps that I am missing?

Here is where I am at now, FTP tests work in the game, file is uploaded to the website (game/lgfile folder). To test the file, a GM downloaded the league file from the website and joined my league lastnight via OOOL and I received the request in game, I accepted, ran a sim and updated the league file and published update (I believe that is what it was called). The GM refreshed and saw a download link on the OOTP screen, when he clicked it he recieved the following comment "No file to update" or something really close to that. I can update this post with the exact message when I get home.

Do I need to send him a settings file or any other files like in OOTP11, I sent him the settings file lastnight but it didnt seem to help.
Marines990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marines990 View Post
Thank you for the Pic, and the additional information.

Disclaimer, I am a first time Commish

Can you confirm the steps after the file is set-up.

1. Upload file to website, I put it in the folder gmae/lgfile, should it be in Game/Export?

2. After the file is in the correct location on the website, do I:

a. Have the GM's download the file from the site and join the league via OOOL?
b. Just have them join the league via OOOL and the file will download through that.

3. Is there any additional steps that I am missing?

Here is where I am at now, FTP tests work in the game, file is uploaded to the website (game/lgfile folder). To test the file, a GM downloaded the league file from the website and joined my league lastnight via OOOL and I received the request in game, I accepted, ran a sim and updated the league file and published update (I believe that is what it was called). The GM refreshed and saw a download link on the OOTP screen, when he clicked it he recieved the following comment "No file to update" or something really close to that. I can update this post with the exact message when I get home.

Do I need to send him a settings file or any other files like in OOTP11, I sent him the settings file lastnight but it didnt seem to help.
Hi Marines990,

I'm pretty sure that you are a client of mine and that I may have already had a chat with you, judging by the issues you mention here and the directories you mentioned. If we haven't already chatted, please contact me and I'll walk you through things one at a time.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
Marines990
Minors (Triple A)

Fidel, yes you helped me get the problem solved.

Troy
Marines990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
Arizing540
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm having issues getting the FTP set up. I use WS_FTP and i get the following message when i do the "FTP Connection Test"

"FTP connection test complete
OOTP connected successfully to ftp15.bravehost.com
Directory listing received
Attention - OOTP could not open the folder '/OOTPFiles/lgfile/'

All the permissions on the folders are checked, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
Arizing540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizing540 View Post
I'm having issues getting the FTP set up. I use WS_FTP and i get the following message when i do the "FTP Connection Test"

"FTP connection test complete
OOTP connected successfully to ftp15.bravehost.com
Directory listing received
Attention - OOTP could not open the folder '/OOTPFiles/lgfile/'

All the permissions on the folders are checked, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
Copy the FTP info(username, password, etc), that you used in game, into an FTP client software such as FileZilla and connect.

1. Do you immediately see a folder named "OOTPFiles"? If not, then the game is correct in that it could not open that folder because it does not exist.
2. If you do immediately see the "OOTPFiles" folder, then open it. You should then immediately see the folder "lgfile". If not, the OOTP is again correct as the folder does not exist.

The FTP account you created for OOTP connects directly to the folder on the server that you set up when you created the account. OOTP then looks for folders from that point in the order that you specified in the "Path on server" field.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Help?

I'm like positive i'm following these directions correctly but I can't get the MySQL stuff to work. (first time commish)

This is what i'm getting:

Please wait...
Command: tar xzf '/home/users/web/b2545/moo.visualsyncopationcom/OOTP/Reports_Directory/reports.tar.gz' 2>&1: Successfully unpacked the reports.tar.gz file...

Database Connect Error: 2002 : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Help?
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #12
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by splantiago View Post
I'm like positive i'm following these directions correctly but I can't get the MySQL stuff to work. (first time commish)

This is what i'm getting:

Please wait...
Command: tar xzf '/home/users/web/b2545/moo.visualsyncopationcom/OOTP/Reports_Directory/reports.tar.gz' 2>&1: Successfully unpacked the reports.tar.gz file...

Database Connect Error: 2002 : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Help?
Your webhost's server is using something other than "localhost" to connect to the database. You should contact them and ask them what it is and replace "localhost" with the appropriate "Database host name" in OOTP12's "Create php server script files" page. Your webhost should be able to troubleshoot this easily for you as it's a basic necessity for anyone using mySQL.

Alternatively, you can look at a database config file for another installation of something you have on the same server to see how it's configured. For example, if you have a PHPBB 3 installation on your website, download the config.php file and open it with a text editor. It should show the database host name. You can copy that and paste it into "Database host name" in OOTP12's "Create php server script files" page.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #13
Recte44
Global Moderator

How exactly do you use the mySQL for reports once it's setup? Do you have to unpack it after it uploads?

Is there step by step instructions somewhere for this?
Old 08-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
almo
Major Leagues

Great vids fidel!!

I am am going to be a new commish soon...so I was setting up the league online.

I get all the way to the second video...after i unpack all of the files that just went up. I get to my page:

BNN Home Page

There is the text on that link:

Fanatic Baseball League (FBL) League Home League History
FBL Triple A (FBLAAA) League Home League History
FBL Double A (FBLAA) League Home League History
FBL Single A (FBLA) League Home League History
FBL Rookie League (FBLR) League Home League History
FBL High School (FBLHS) League Home League History
FBL College (FBLCOL) League Home League History

There are Links to the league home and league history that i can access...but when i try to access them, i get this message:

Not Found

The requested URL /game/lgreports/leagues/league_100_home.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at Fanatic Baseball - An OOTP 12 League Port 80

Here is the link to that dead page:

http://www.fanaticbaseball.com/game/..._100_home.html

Now...four things that i noticed comparison wise between the test league you used in the video...versus my league:

1. My league is larger (which i assumed would be the case...because your test league had like 8 teams...mine is 16 team with 4 minor levels and 2 feeder leagues).
2. At 4:15 of vid number one...you speak about having a file named game and how if you dont have them you need to create the lgreports, lgfile, and lgexports. When looking at the vid you have three other files in the game folder along with the 3 other files you mentioned that we needed. I dont have those three files in the game folder like you do...they are: .ftpquota, exporttracker.html, and index.html (i truly beleive this is where my issue is coming from).
3. When i created the php archive...the amount of files were 11143
4. When it came time to unpack and erase...my unpack list was no where as long as yours...BUT..my league has very little or no data in it (I am not sure if yours did or not). While your list on the video (of things upacked) looked like there was close to 1300 lines...mine was 20. Here is that log:

"Please wait...

Command: tar xzf '/home/fanatic/public_html/game/lgreports/reports.tar.gz' 2>&1:

Successfully unpacked the reports.tar.gz file...

Opened reports file reports_1.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_2.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_3.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_4.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_5.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_6.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_7.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_8.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_9.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_10.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_11.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_12.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_13.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_14.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_15.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_16.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_17.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_18.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_19.txt...Valid lines = 500, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 500, Errors = 0, Success = 500
Opened reports file reports_20.txt...Valid lines = 489, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 489, Errors = 0, Success = 489

Valid lines = 9989, Invalid lines = 0, Inserts = 0, Updates = 9989, Errors = 0, Success = 9989

After finishing the job successfully, you should delete archive file, reports file and unpack script"

Not sure what I could be doing wrong...but I followed directions to a tee. Could be a user error on my part..but just to make sure...i redid the vids up to that point 2 more times only to see i have the same stuff i did the 1st time.

Btw...my c panel and my hosting is provided by host gator (well a reseller of host gator...but it is the same as it is running on a host gator server)....but it appears that our Cpanels are the same.

Any help would or guidance will be very appreciated....and sorry upfront about the length of the post...i just figured more information is best.

Thanks again
Chris

Last edited by almo; 08-09-2011 at 04:16 PM.
almo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #15
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Chris,

Try checking the following.

1. Go to the Online League Settings, and under Report Upload Options, click "Create PHP Server Scripts". Double check to make sure that "Path to Reports Folder" is set to "/game/lgreports/". I think it is but check anyway.
2. Go to Online Options, Create/upload reports. Click the red button "Select reports". How many checkmarks do you see? Normally, everything is checked with the exception of "include pages for retired players" and "evaluate schedule".

Old 08-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #16
almo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
Chris,

Try checking the following.

1. Go to the Online League Settings, and under Report Upload Options, click "Create PHP Server Scripts". Double check to make sure that "Path to Reports Folder" is set to "/game/lgreports/". I think it is but check anyway.
2. Go to Online Options, Create/upload reports. Click the red button "Select reports". How many checkmarks do you see? Normally, everything is checked with the exception of "include pages for retired players" and "evaluate schedule".
Fidel,

The path to report folder is set to "/game/lgreports/".
When I went to the Select Report screen I saw everything but those 2 items were checked off.

I am not sure what the issue is....but something is wrong.

Chris
Old 08-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #17
almo
Major Leagues

yeah...i rewatched the vids again... I literally had 2 sets of eyes watching me (on top of my own)...but same 20 lines uploaded after going through the process again.

Any other ideas? Btw....thank you so much for the help.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #18
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Can you post a screenshot of your "Create/upload reports" page?

Old 08-10-2011, 02:15 AM   #19
almo
Major Leagues

Here is a jpg of that screen you asked for.
You can see on the left hand side is my FTP (not sure that matters...but thought i would include it).
Attached Images
Old 08-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #20
almo
Major Leagues

One more screen shot
Attached Images