Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 22 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2021 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Permanent allow Ghost Players setting

Will OOTP22 finally allow me to set EVERY game I start to allow Ghost players in the minors? It is close to stop playing annoying to have to hunt around for this setting when the first minor league comes up with not enough players.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:38 PM   #2
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
Will OOTP22 finally allow me to set EVERY game I start to allow Ghost players in the minors? It is close to stop playing annoying to have to hunt around for this setting when the first minor league comes up with not enough players.
This is already in the game.

League Settings to Rules in Minor League settings select Allow incomplete minor league rosters (ghost players)
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:47 AM   #3
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

You could just start a standard game mode as "unemployed", change settings you always change and then save as a quickstart?
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:24 AM   #4
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
This is already in the game.

League Settings to Rules in Minor League settings select Allow incomplete minor league rosters (ghost players)
You simply don't know what you are posting.

You have to change this at the start. Given how many newbies post they can't proceed because they have incomplete rosters, one would think the designers would make 'allow ghost players' the default.

What harm does it do to have 'ghost players' the default? Why would anyone want their game to stop dead because their Gulf Coast League team lacks 'real' players?

I'm simply pointing out that I ALWAYS have to change this, it is never made a permanent alteration. Often I don't remember to do this until the message pops up, then I have to hunt around for the box to check. Annoying.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:27 AM   #5
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrakPower View Post
You could just start a standard game mode as "unemployed", change settings you always change and then save as a quickstart?
That's actually what I did. Started up, ran 10 seasons and then expanded. I still had to allow ghost players. Why isn't 'allow ghost players' the standard default? Why harm would it do to make that obvious change? Why can't I have the game save my setting permanently?
Old 03-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #6
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's actually what I did. Started up, ran 10 seasons and then expanded. I still had to allow ghost players. Why isn't 'allow ghost players' the standard default? Why harm would it do to make that obvious change? Why can't I have the game save my setting permanently?

Why should I have to suffer ghost players if I don’t want them? The harm is not everyone plays the way you do so they have to give us options cause not all of us want this.

The setting is saved when you save your game, it should never be saved on every game.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:49 AM   #7
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
You simply don't know what you are posting.

You have to change this at the start. Given how many newbies post they can't proceed because they have incomplete rosters, one would think the designers would make 'allow ghost players' the default.

What harm does it do to have 'ghost players' the default? Why would anyone want their game to stop dead because their Gulf Coast League team lacks 'real' players?

I'm simply pointing out that I ALWAYS have to change this, it is never made a permanent alteration. Often I don't remember to do this until the message pops up, then I have to hunt around for the box to check. Annoying.
Didnt have to be rude in a response for someone trying to help you.

I have never experienced a league issue where they run out of players with the out of the box settings. Once the user begins to manipulate settings like years of service or age requirements or even regional requirements is when the roster limit message occurs.

The setting use to be on by default prior to having full minor leagues and having enough players to support.

What additional settings are you adjusting? as that may be the initial root cause of the issue as it the issue you are having and not from just not selecting ghost players but another selection you have altered.

It also may stem from the type of league you are running is it a historical, fictional or real mlb.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:04 PM   #8
BGDisBatman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
You could write down the order of the three buttons you need to click to get to this setting?
BGDisBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:16 AM   #9
RMc
All Star Starter

I never use ghost players; I fill my minors with fictionals who are barred from making the majors. I also jigger my last names file so that they always have an apostrophe after them (example: John Smith') so I can tell at a glance if they're "real" players or not.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:12 AM   #10
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, I don't want ghost players enabled by default.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:18 AM   #11
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

I also never use ghost players. I would think more players do not use ghost players, than do, which is why the default is to not use them.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:35 AM   #12
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post

Nor do I. It's great that we have as many options as we do with this game, but, at the end of the day, that's precisely what they are....options. It's not as if requiring those who wish to utilize some of the more arcane options to tick a box is such a herculean task, is it?
Old 03-17-2021, 12:41 PM   #13
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I don't want ghost players either.

In commish mode then you can create as many fictional players as you like and never have to worry about having incomplete rosters.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:56 PM   #14
eas9898
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I have never experienced a league issue where they run out of players with the out of the box settings. Once the user begins to manipulate settings like years of service or age requirements or even regional requirements is when the roster limit message occurs.

I run into problems with minor league rosters being too small all the time with default MLB settings, usually after a couple of decades. So, it is a real issue.
eas9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:54 AM   #15
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by eas9898 View Post
I run into problems with minor league rosters being too small all the time with default MLB settings, usually after a couple of decades. So, it is a real issue.
You could have your assistant GM just sign and release minor league players.

I have no issues with needing ghost players... honestly, it would be more like Baseball Mogul with incomplete minors.
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:55 AM   #16
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
same
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #17
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Didnt have to be rude in a response for someone trying to help you.
I considered the original response to be rude and completely missed the point of my question. That's why.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:51 AM   #18
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

And no one has come up with an actual reason why making 'allow ghost' players as the default is a bad thing. People have merely stated they agree with this choice.

So why can't we make our generate game choices saved like they are in the screen for FOF8 or Civ 6?
Old 03-18-2021, 12:55 PM   #19
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
And no one has come up with an actual reason why making 'allow ghost' players as the default is a bad thing. People have merely stated they agree with this choice.

So why can't we make our generate game choices saved like they are in the screen for FOF8 or Civ 6?
The reason it is a bad thing it removes the "real lifeness" there are not ghost players in real life and as a game shouldnt have it to start. It removes the complete immersion of complete control of your whole system. The option is there to add ghost players for a player like yourself that based on the question does not necessarily need that immersion.

Also if we want to make rude answers to people trying to help. This is the way the developers have and currently want the game to be so that is why it is not on by default. If at some point they decide its best for the game they have created and add it as a default, like the options i do not personally utilize i will uncheck that as well.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:02 PM   #20
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

The real reason is what do most people prefer, not what do you prefer. From this thread it seems most people prefer to not use ghost players, so it should not be enabled by default. I never use ghost players, and do not want it enabled by default. If by chance you could show me that most people use ghost players, then I would live with it being enabled by default.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote