Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:13 PM   #1
Dabeast
Bat Boy

Trading AI pls

Before you ask I have 700M in budget room, because I was messing around with the Dodgers and edited their budget. It's not my actual save.
Dabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:18 PM   #2
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Lol
CField17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:48 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

It looks like the AI considers Trout's contract to be an albatross... we'll look into it
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:46 AM   #4
ram22469
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It looks like the AI considers Trout's contract to be an albatross... we'll look into it
I wanted to second this, I've noticed the AI doing some strange things with veterans on large contracts.
Case in point from my current game: Gerrit Cole, 30, was signed by Houston as a free agent after the 2020 season for $33.5mil/year for four years with a player opt put after season one. Cole went 18-3 with a 2.87 ERA the season past. In February 2021, Houston will trade Cole to my Yankees for literally half star rated players. It's just very illogical for a team to sign a free agent, then be willing to trade him 2 months later for rookie leaguers. Their GM considers it a "good deal" to trade an expensive free agent he just signed two months ago for a rookie league player. My GM likewise considers that "not fair at all." While I understand that age/contract are considerations, Houston is essentially willing to sell a new free agent for anyone on my roster. Cole will be 35 when the contract ends too, which, considering a lot of the insane 6-7-8 year contracts for 30 year olds in the game, doesn't seem unreasonable.
While the above example drove me to come to the forum to post, it is certainly not an isolated issue. That said, I have still been enjoying XX and look forwards to future refinements.

Last edited by ram22469; 03-24-2019 at 05:05 AM.
ram22469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
Dabeast
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I've noticed that teams are willing to overpay by a lot to get rid of expensive players. I like that there is a negative value aspect in the game, but it's pretty easy to exploit.
Dabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:42 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We'll adjust a few things here for the next patch. Get those Trout trades in early
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:07 PM   #7
playball335
Minors (Triple A)

I continue to see an issue with the GM AI. The issue is that the AI will trade for players at a position where they already have more than enough depth and are already paying substantial dollars for. Here is a recent example:

As GM of the SF Giants, I shop Brandon Belt (trying to free up dollars and hopefully at least get a prospect or two). I get an offer from the Cardinals for Michael Wacha. I even add John Gant to the deal and the trade goes through.

Why would the Cardinals do this?? They are already have Goldschmidt at 1B and he is being paid good money, not to mention they have Jose Martinez as a solid backup behind him. In this case, the Cards start Goldschmidt, have a 14m/yr Belt sitting on the bench and have sent Martinez down to the minors.

It is as if the AI does not consider positional depth (or the financial impact) in its decision to sign or trade for players far too often.
playball335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #8
czrussell
Bat Boy

I have a couple notes on trade AI as well. I've noticed the AI GMs will sometimes accept different trades depending on if you have OSA or team scout ratings displayed. In other words, sometimes there are trades where they will reject if you have your team scout ratings showing, but if you click OSA they will accept the same trade.

Another thing I have noticed is that players get devalued for having team options. For example, I have mike leake on one team on his last guaranteed year which is being fully paid by his previous team, but he also has a team option for the folllowing year with no buyout. Even though there's no buyout on the option, no one wants him for anything,
presumably because they are seeing him as a budget hit for the next year. But if I edit him to remove the team option year, then suddenly he has a lot of trade value. There shouldn't be any difference since the option could just be declined at no cost. The AI should only be concerned with guaranteed money. The team option should be a positive if anything.
czrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #9
playball335
Minors (Triple A)

Definitely need to look into teams dropping marquee players just to save money. I shopped Cameron Maybin hoping for anything of decent value (prospect or two, backup catcher), instead I received a ton of offers, including J.D. Martinez! I understand the Sox would save a lot of money, but there is no way a team would send someone like Martinez for Maybin. I stopped myself from grabbing Martinez. :-)

It would be great to have this corrected along with teams trading for good players where they already have a legitimate starter and are relegated to the bench (many times making a lot of money doing so).
playball335 is offline   Reply With Quote