Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 05-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #961
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Don Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com View Post
Hello. Possible to see the listed players that you have, Thanks. to any response
This photo of Don Anderson comes from the book, BASEBALL IN ASHEVILLE, by Bill Ballew. The book was published by Arcadia Publishing in 2004.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=anders010don
Attached Images
Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #962
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusick View Post
this photo of don anderson comes from the book, baseball in asheville, by bill ballew. The book was published by arcadia publishing in 2004.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=anders010don
thank you for the job that you do. Very appreciative on the photos that you find thanks!!
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:33 PM   #963
SPORTSMEM817
All Star Reserve

Don Dillard Milwaukee Braves

Believe this came from this site years ago
Attached Images

Last edited by SPORTSMEM817; 05-18-2017 at 07:34 PM.
SPORTSMEM817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #964
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com
Hall Of Famer

Hello. I am looking for a photo of Dave Abell in a Cincy Uni. I believe it was a brace photo from 1967. Abell was a 1967 draft pick. Also looking for 1969 Asheville Tourist team photo. Thanks to any response.
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #965
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Dave Abell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com View Post
Hello. I am looking for a photo of Dave Abell in a Cincy Uni. I believe it was a brace photo from 1967. Abell was a 1967 draft pick. Thanks to any response.
I have an old listing of photos in the George Brace photo inventory before Mary Brace sold the collection. You are correct that there was a Brace Photo of David Abell in a Cincinnati Reds uniform among the photos listed in that inventory. I don't have a copy of it. You'll just have to hope that it shows up on ebay at some point.

Since Brace took his photos at Wrigley Field (and Comiskey Park), it makes me wonder what a low draft pick like Abell was doing with the Reds in Chicago. I have not heard that he was a Sharman Society guy on the Reds roster. Abell was from Southern Illinois. Maybe he just met the Reds' organization in Chicago for a signing ceremony and they let him put the uniform on. Baseball-reference doesn't give any minor league record for him.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=abell-000dav
Old 07-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #966
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Enos Slaughter Mets?

Anybody got a reasonably decent picture of Enos Slaughter with the 1961 Raleigh Capitals (or in Mets gear)? He was a player/manager for Raleigh in '61 and they were the Mets' farm club in that year before the major league team made its debut.

How bout a picture of ANY player with the Raleigh Capitals in '61 or '62? I've seen photos, obviously, of the earlier squad, when they were a Red Sox affiliate and Yaz was there. I'm curious to see whether the Mets maintained the Capitals unis or if they made changes. I've got at least a couple Auburn Mets images, but nothing from Raleigh.
FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #967
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJack View Post
Anybody got a reasonably decent picture of Enos Slaughter with the 1961 Raleigh Capitals (or in Mets gear)? He was a player/manager for Raleigh in '61 and they were the Mets' farm club in that year before the major league team made its debut.

How bout a picture of ANY player with the Raleigh Capitals in '61 or '62? I've seen photos, obviously, of the earlier squad, when they were a Red Sox affiliate and Yaz was there. I'm curious to see whether the Mets maintained the Capitals unis or if they made changes. I've got at least a couple Auburn Mets images, but nothing from Raleigh.
I'm not sure this is "reasonably decent," but you can see the uni fairly clearly. The image was printed in the 16-Jul-1961 Greensboro, NC Daily News.
Attached Images
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #968
Home Free
Minors (Triple A)

What's Up with Terry Wilshusen (Angels 1973)

Considering how many obscure minor league pitchers in the Angels system have already appreared in the Vault, it's somewhat remarkable that Terry Wilshusen hasn't surfaced.
Wilshusen was the team's primary Rule V pick (from Baltimore) and made the club out of spring training of 1973. But after one horrid outing (one-third of an inning, 81.00 ERA) he was offered back to the Orioles, who declined. Instead, in late April he was traded with Thor Skogan (what a great name) to the Reds as players to be named for Richie Scheinblum.
Ironicall, Skogan (who never reached the majors) has shown up as a Angels prospect in the Vault. All of Wilshusen I've seen is an Orioles farm club B&W photo in WorthPoint and an okcochise B&W photo that purports to be Wilshusen. No record of his being shot by Brace, and no Vault photos to date.
BTW, he abruptly retired in midseason of 1973 while with Indy and passed away at the age of 51, suffering a massive stroke and heart attack, it was reported.
FWIW, the 81.00 ERA is criminally unfair. He came out with the bases loaded and one run allowed and old, dead-armed Ron Perranoski came in and gave up two or three rockets. He, too, was gone before May rolled around.
Any solid Angels photo, color or B&W?
Home Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:49 PM   #969
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Fred Mauer 1886?

UK Baseball Fan and I have had some private conversations trying to figure out how the one-game major league player who appeared for the 1886 New York Metropolitans of the American Association as a pitcher and outfielder received an identification change from Harry Brooks to Fred Mauer. We still don't know. In any event, Fred Mauer is not on the Missing Players List, so it is assumed that someone has an image of him. This is a request that the image be posted. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:42 AM   #970
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Fred Mauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusick View Post
UK Baseball Fan and I have had some private conversations trying to figure out how the one-game major league player who appeared for the 1886 New York Metropolitans of the American Association as a pitcher and outfielder received an identification change from Harry Brooks to Fred Mauer. We still don't know. In any event, Fred Mauer is not on the Missing Players List, so it is assumed that someone has an image of him. This is a request that the image be posted. Thanks.
Required photo has been included in an email sent to Bill Carle with a copy to Cusick. May I add for the benefit of all readers that player photos, including Mauer, can inevitably be found if you download the facepack. Again I would like to emphasize that the whole original purpose of the main image thread on this site, as indicated by its name, was for contributors to post images to be used by the co-ordinator to improve the main photopack or facepack and for posts to be used by Pegasus to update his facepack.

May I also provide an update to the change from Harry Brooks to Fred Mauer provided by Bill Carle in response to an email initiated by Cusick. Apparently Brooks was a fake name used by Mauer. Baseball researchers in trying to identify the individual Brooks inaccurately assumed it was the Minor Leaguer Harry Brooks who was active during the time. Cusick has also made the suggestion that in future, included in Mauer's career notes, reference is made that he played, partly or otherwise, under the name of Brooks.

Cusick and myself are engaged in ongoing discussions in respect of the 1889 Davenport team photo depicting the Kappel brothers and we are looking into the possibility of the names instead of being listed left to right are actually right to left, updates to be provided. This would mean that the missing player identified, Charlie Gassner, is actually a photo of Sam Nichol, not unlikely, that would mean that Gassner is actually the player listed as Sam Nichol.

One of many other consequences of this review would mean that the player listed at the bottom row to be Jerry Harrington is located at the extreme right not left, currently listed as Chuck Lauer and vice versa. I have to say from a personal viewpoint that the player to the extreme left to me appears more to resemble Lauer and the player to the extreme right appears more to resemble Harrington.

Last edited by UKBaseballfan; 01-02-2018 at 11:16 AM.
UKBaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #971
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Small correction to the above posting by UKBaseballFan. The spelling of one name cited is Bill Carle, not Bill Karle. Bill Carle is the Chair of SABR's Biographical Committee, the group in charge of keeping track of who all the major leaguers have been throughout major league history. The committee also comes out with periodic updates to associated information about big leaguers, such as their dates of birth, places of birth, dates of death, and places of death.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #972
bobb49
Minors (Double A)

Looking for a picture or drawing or both of Manhattan Field (Polo Grounds II) in NY and Oakland Park, Jersey City, NJ....any help is truly appreciated.
bobb49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:58 AM   #973
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Roy Foster

Other than Topps cards, does anyone have anything good of Roy Foster? Rangers, Indians (or other). Color preferred. Nothing comes up in "search". All I have is the attached (Cleveland image from the old Baseball Birthdays).
Attached Images
Image Image 
FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #974
dennis_keith
Minors (Triple A)

I'm Looking for photos of the Grove Street Oval in Orange, or East Orange, NJ.
I believe it was used as an alternate field by the New York Cubans when there were scheduling conflicts with major league teams at Yankee Stadium or at
The Polo Grounds in the late 1940s (at a time when Orestes 'Minnie' Minoso was on the team)..
dennis_keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:40 AM   #975
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis_keith View Post
I'm Looking for photos of the Grove Street Oval in Orange, or East Orange, NJ.
I believe it was used as an alternate field by the New York Cubans when there were scheduling conflicts with major league teams at Yankee Stadium or at
The Polo Grounds in the late 1940s (at a time when Orestes 'Minnie' Minoso was on the team)..
In doing newspaper searches, I found quite a few references to the Grove Street Oval around 1947 and 1948, but alas no photos. It was even used for local all-star games. It was located where Oval Park currently stands in East Orange, NJ. See the following link:

http://www.charliesballparks.com/st/...range-Oval.htm

I found baseball games played at the Grove Street Oval as early as 1934 (the Pittsburgh Crawfords made an appearance that year) and as late as 1963 (Essex County All-Stars vs. Union County All-Stars). There were later citations of Grove Street Oval, but all mentioned softball, so it's assumed that it wasn't the same ballfield.

After checking Google Images, I found the scene below of the Grove Street Oval. It's from the baseball-fever website. The shot was likely taken during the 1940's. Also, further research determined that the version of the park in use during the 1940's was constructed in the mid-1920's.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cusick; 02-25-2018 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Add image.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:15 PM   #976
dennis_keith
Minors (Triple A)

That's a very nice shot, Cusick. Thank You very much. I visited this park just before I moved to Florida in 2010. I lived in Irvington, NJ which is about three or four towns away and is in the same county (Essex Co.), for many years. The park is not equipped for baseball today. In the lower left corner there are now basketball courts and there is a children's section - monkey bars, slides, swings somewhere (I think in what used to be straight away center field). The homes that face the park at the back of this photo are still there and are probably still valuable, desirable housing.
dennis_keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #977
Buster Narum
Minors (Double A)

Anybody have a color shot of Sonny Jackson in the Braves' 1972-1974 uni?

Thanks

Last edited by Buster Narum; 04-01-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Buster Narum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #978
Home Free
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster narum View Post
anybody have a color shot of sonny jackson in the braves' 1972-1974 uni?

Thanks
Name:  Jackson_Sonny_AB73-1213_Bat_NBL_McWilliams.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  28.4 KB
Home Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:48 AM   #979
Buster Narum
Minors (Double A)

Sonny Jackson

Thank you!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #980
Buster Narum
Minors (Double A)

Anyone have a decent color shot of Woodie Fryman in the Phillies 1970-1971-1972 uni?

Thanks!