Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 10-02-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Ballparks in Progress

I haven't had much time for stadium creation lately, but I have some that have been in progress and mainly are just missing adverstising, scoreboards, and other minor details. Most are pretty much just a cut-n-paste jobs. I have found a bunch of soccer stadium images that have stimulated my interest in creating fictional stadiums again.

Here is the latest, yet to be named, stadium

Other stadium threads are here, here, two here, two more here, and maybe my favorite here
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:06 AM   #2
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Looks like some of the soccer stadiums yu see in Europe
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 AM   #3
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Well, we'll be waiting! It looks awesome.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:56 AM   #4
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
Looks like some of the soccer stadiums yu see in Europe
That's because it is from a European soccer stadium.

Here is another updated stadium - Waterfront Park - it is home to the Piedmont Rams in the fictional world of my solo league.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
I can see why they are called the Rams, with that brick wall out there, they must all wear helmets in the outfield.
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

any chance for dimensions and ratings for in game?

asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:29 AM   #7
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
any chance for dimensions and ratings for in game?
I have not used the first one in my league yet, so I haven't created any dimensions.

Here are the dimensions I am using for Waterfront Park:

Left Line 332 ft 7ft
Left Field 358 ft 7ft
Left-Center 383 ft 7ft
Center Field 409 ft 18ft
Right-Center 385 ft 18ft
Right Field 352 ft 18ft
Right Line 322 ft 18ft

For ratings I have it as a little above average for AVG and below average for POWER with the wind blowing in.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for another fine stadium, blueturf.

I needed a stadium for the Harbortown White Caps in my league and will use this one.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

there is one word that describes these and all the stadiums you do-BEAUTIFUL!!!!

dcc
Old 03-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #10
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Sinclair Stadium

While playing the championship game of my solo league last night, I realized that I haven't posted the 'remodeled' Sinclair Stadium I did a while ago. The original can still be found here.

Here is the updated version:

Last edited by blueturf; 03-06-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #11
CRM114
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for putting these up, BlueTurf. There aren't many guys doing stadiums these days.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Thanks for putting these up, BlueTurf. There aren't many guys doing stadiums these days.
Usually making an individual stadium takes so long that it is difficult for me to get the free time to put much effort in. Lately I have had the urge to create more as my solo fictional league heads toward expansion. Since it is set in a fictional land it can be tough to find images that will work and do not have recognizable skylines.

Since I don't have the graphical skills like Teflon to draw most of the stadium, I rely on the availability of images that I can cut and paste to make a believable stadium. This usually takes a lot of time.

Sometimes you get lucky - this stadium took me a little over an hour to put together.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #13
CRM114
Minors (Single A)

My solo fictional league is expanding, too, and I was needing a stadium for the Denver franchise starting up next year; I think this one you just posted will do nicely.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
Lancaster
Major Leagues

Any way you could design one with a San Diego feel to it. Not necessarily San Diego/Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium, or Petco Park, but something that incorporates a little of all. Maybe the Western Metal bldg. from Petco in Left field, and the old Murph scoreboard in right. Plus the SD skyline too. Would that be possible...? Maybe guys with a San Diego franchise could also use it...something with an overall San Diego feel.
Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #15
conception
All Star Starter

The hard work of stadium makers makes my fictional leagues all the more enjoyable. I stay up way too late trying to compile as many as I can because they are all so good and provide a great OOTP experience.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #16
ATLGary
Minors (Double A)

Fictional Country Kalama???

Blue Turf -

Have you created a fictional country called Kalama??? Did you use simcity? i was thinking of doing the same thing!!!

How did you create the fictional country and cities.....?
ATLGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #17
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
Any way you could design one with a San Diego feel to it. Not necessarily San Diego/Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium, or Petco Park, but something that incorporates a little of all. Maybe the Western Metal bldg. from Petco in Left field, and the old Murph scoreboard in right. Plus the SD skyline too. Would that be possible...? Maybe guys with a San Diego franchise could also use it...something with an overall San Diego feel.

I will be in San Diego this week and was looking at images of Petco trying to decide what section would be best, if I can score opening day tickets. I came across some images that may be able to create a stadium similar to your request.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #18
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLGary View Post
Blue Turf -

Have you created a fictional country called Kalama??? Did you use simcity? i was thinking of doing the same thing!!!

How did you create the fictional country and cities.....?
Yes I have used the fictional country for several versions of OOTP and it has taken shape over time. The image that you saw is from SimCity, but I do not own the game. I have compiled several screenshots of SimCity and merged them using Photoshop to come up with the country map.
I am not familiar with the SimCity game, but I assume you could zoom out far enough to get a suitable screen capture to use.

I assume your other question refers to how to get the fictional nation and cities to show up in the game. Section 27.6 and 27.7 of the game manual will give you some great detail. This thread should also help you.

As for cities, I have compiled fictional sounding names over the years and when I wanted to add a bunch of cities to use with OOTP2007, I used street names from several different cities to get over 200+ cities in the nation. I just added these cities and info to the bottom of the cities.txt file. Here is what that file looks like with just the Kalama cities included:
Attached Files
File Type: txt cities.txt (6.1 KB, 478 views)

Last edited by blueturf; 03-30-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: edit image link
Old 03-30-2008, 09:02 PM   #19
Lancaster
Major Leagues

I would love to see what you come up with for a 'San Diego' ballpark. IF you are going to the Astros-Padres opening night...Oswalt against Peavy, it should be a good one!
Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:12 AM   #20
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
...Oswalt against Peavy, it should be a good one!
It was a good one...other than being a little cold. Petco is a great place to see a ball game. I will continue to work on a San Diego stadium as time allows.

In the meantime I finished another stadium for an expansion team in my solo league.

and another version in case someone can use it.