Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 09-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #141
Lucas718
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Blue heres Baker Bowl from High Heat 2003
I made that! That's awesome that you converted it to OOTP.
Lucas718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #142
okcochise
All Star Reserve

Amazing Work

Just wanted to praise the work you have done. Although I dont have any projects which are fictional in nature, if I did, I would most certainly use your parks. Thank you for sharing.

Before concluding, I do have a question or two. Are you able to recreate historical ballparks? I am referring to some of the older parks from the 50s and 60s which have never had decent color photos available?

Parks like KC Municipal, Seals, Colt Stadium, Sicks, Metropolitan are the ones which come to mind first.

Thanks again,
Jeff
okcochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #143
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas718 View Post
I made that! That's awesome that you converted it to OOTP.
I was trying to convert all my HH stadiums to OOTP, but I still can't find my HH 2k3 disk, I misplaced it somewhere. I use Baker bowl & WGN Field for most of my teams. You don't by chance have some old HH stadium files do you? I am missing several.
Attached Images
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #144
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcochise View Post
Parks like KC Municipal, Seals, Colt Stadium, Sicks, Metropolitan are the ones which come to mind first.

Thanks again,
Jeff
Seals from HH
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #145
ssacc98
Minors (Triple A)

Sicks Stadium

1969:
Attached Images
ssacc98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #146
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcochise View Post
I do have a question or two. Are you able to recreate historical ballparks? I am referring to some of the older parks from the 50s and 60s which have never had decent color photos available?

Thanks again,
Jeff
I haven't had much luck in attempting to recreate historical stadiums. The Baker Bowl is the only stadium that I have finished that had any historical basis. I attempted to recreate Sicks Stadium but could never get it to look how I wanted and it morphed into Hendricks park which is available in Post #93 of this thread. Also, Teflon created a great rendition of Metropolitan Stadium a few years back and it can be found here.

For now I have taken a little break from stadium creation. I have enough fictional stadiums for my fictional league and I am waiting to see how/if the tentative addition of 2D graphics will effect the stadium image in OOTP13.

I'll peak through the photos of some of those other stadiums and see if something falls into place in the same way it did with the Baker Bowl.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #147
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueturf View Post

For now I have taken a little break from stadium creation. I have enough fictional stadiums for my fictional league and I am waiting to see how/if the tentative addition of 2D graphics will effect the stadium image in OOTP13.
I had thought that may be what you are doing. I too have wondered what even a rudimentary graphic engine would do to the existing stadiums we have now. I consider graphics kind of a double edged sword, it will be awesome to have but it's (likely) going to change my fantasy leagues, of which the stadium designs of yours and Teflon have been part of the fabric of my leagues.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #148
Lucas718
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
I was trying to convert all my HH stadiums to OOTP, but I still can't find my HH 2k3 disk, I misplaced it somewhere. I use Baker bowl & WGN Field for most of my teams. You don't by chance have some old HH stadium files do you? I am missing several.
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while. That looks like my Seals too.

I may have some backed up somewhere. What do you need?
Lucas718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #149
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas718 View Post
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while. That looks like my Seals too.

I may have some backed up somewhere. What do you need?
Hmm off the top of my head. (all of these with ads if you have them)
Dodgers Ebbets Field
There is also a wooden fence Ebbets that i liked might have been for the Mets
Tiger Stadium
Milwaukee County Stadium
Metrodome
Olympic Stadium
Kingdome
Jack Murphy

I think thats about it, Right now I can't even find my HH2k3 disc to finish these for my league and to post on padresfan.

Thanx
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #150
okcochise
All Star Reserve

Sicks Stadium

BlueTurf: I think your Hendricks fictional park is very close to Sicks Stadium and is by far better than anything that is available. Even the building in the back ground looks like the actual although in a different location. I was playing around with the old otb version of the park, extending the walls into the corners and adding foul poles, but I think I will use your hendricks park. If you ever take another stab and match things up like the photo that was posted in this thread, it will be even more outstanding.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 11-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #151
okcochise
All Star Reserve

Anaheim Stadium

I took several photos that were shot from different angles and combined them so that the park went into both corners. I think its not bad but hardly perfect or close to the stuff that is being created here.
Attached Images
Old 11-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #152
okcochise
All Star Reserve

Seattle Pilots In Hendricks (Sicks)

Sicks
Old 11-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #153
okcochise
All Star Reserve

Now the attachment

Looks pretty good
Old 11-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #154
okcochise
All Star Reserve

Sheesh, I cant seem to get this attached

Here we go
Attached Images
Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #155
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Do you have a larger version of this Baker Bowl? I like real pics for my game..but sometimes I have to find alternatives since noone took pics back then. Thanks for decent pics that aren't corny looking.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #156
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Do you have a larger version of this Baker Bowl? I like real pics for my game..but sometimes I have to find alternatives since noone took pics back then. Thanks for decent pics that aren't corny looking.
The version in post #120 is likely the largest version I have. I experienced a hard drive crash so I am not sure I have any backups of the work I did on the Baker Bowl. Most of my parks are uploaded to the board at 640x480 and I have found when those are used in the game they look okay even if the in-game widget enlargens them a little bit. The
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #157
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Would anyone be interested in someone drawing (and naming) stadiums? I just started drawing last October 2011 at the age of 40 (anyone can start at any time!) and though I've had little time for it (figure skating took up much of my time, but thankfully I got away from that addiction) even I'm amazed at what I was able to do
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #158
conception
All Star Starter

Blueturf, now that we know what the future of OOTP ballparks will be I had to resurrect this thread. As exciting as 3d stadiums are going to be, its going to be both sad and difficult for me to leave behind the parks that have been the basis of every league I've created in the last 5-6 years. I'd love to someday see 3d models of some of the best creations from you, Teflon, and others that used the same look in their fictional parks. I don't know much about the 3d modeling that will be taking place so I don't know how feasible this is.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #159
Scottiedog43
Major Leagues

Old thread
Nice work