Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-25-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

The OOTP AI Still Cheats!!!---MLB & The NY METS 2018

Hello, everyone!
This is RJL518 reporting to you live from sunny SoFla.
Its time once again for baseball!
WOW...does time fly.
It only seems like yesterday that i ended the 2017 schedule.

Last year in my Mets season, we went through the entire MLB schedule as usual.
Im about to do my 4th year of real-time baseball!
Last year in my MLB world, the SF Giants won the World Series over the TB Rays 4-0, and my NY Mets lost to the SF Giants 4-3 in the NLCS!
We almost made the World Series and i felt that i constructed a team that should have won it all!
We just came up a little bit short.
But, it was a lot of fun doing a real-time season, and so, we shall do another one for 2018.
Once again, it will be my NY Mets battling with the rest of the Majors to get back to the Postseason.

The NY Mets still have a very potent team in the NL East and they are not to be underestimated.
They still have IMO the best young starting rotation in baseball, and if they can stay healthy, they will be a very tough out!
They will have to contend in an interesting NL East Division as always.
The WAS Nationals are looking to defend their division title for the 3rd straight year, while the ATL Braves, MIA Marlins, and PHI Phillies gear up and try to catch the top two favorites.

In the NL Central, the CHI Cubs are the early favorites to win the division, but a young MIL Brewers team looks like they are ready to contend.
The STL Cardinals are always a team to be watched and even though the PIT Pirates and the CIN Reds had a rough 2017, they are looking to get back into the playoff race.

In the NL West, the LA Dodgers look to be the favorites, just missing out on winning the title last year.
The SF Giants did win MY World Series in 2017, but the real-life Giants had took one on the chin last season.
You know they are ready to get back to winning.
Is this the year that the ARZ Diamondbacks and COL Rockies make some more waves?
And even though the SD Padres seem to be in a slump as a franchise, you never know because there is some young talent on this team that needs to be watched.

In the AL East, i like the NY Yankees.
They almost won the AL Pennant and as usual, there are 27 reasons why they could get win it all in 2018!
Especially after adding Giancarlo Stanton, last year's NL MVP, in the offseason.
They should be hitting lots of longballs this year.
The BOS Red Sox had a good season and they should be ready to contend again.
The TOR Blue Jays had a tough year, but they are still a force in the division, with the BAL Orioles and TB Rays, who won MY AL Pennant in 2017, looking to make some noise.

In the AL Central, the CLE Indians, can they back to the top after blowing a 2-0 lead in the ALDS to the NYY?
The MIN Twins had an awesome 2017, and are looking to go farther this year.
The KC Royals are always competitive, and even though the CHI White Sox and DET Tigers are in the doldrums, it only takes one good season to get back into contention!

In the AL West, i think its anybody's race.
Even though the HOU Astros, fresh off their first World Series title, i think they want to prove that last year was no fluke.
The TEX Rangers are gonna try to get back into the thick of the playoff race.
And when will the LA Angels, OAK Athletics and SEA Mariners take their turns in the Postseason?

Last year in real-life, the NY Mets had a very disappointing season.
Just too many injuries and too many blown chances during the season cost Terry Collins his job.
Now with Mickey Callaway as their new manager and a new perspective of the talent we have, i think we can get back into contention.
We still have some unfinished business to take care of with this young team.

I have also created a new set of jerseys, caps and logos based on SFGiants58's ideas that will be used for the 2018 season.
Here is the link to his creations.
http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/...s-pt-ii-added/
I did modify a few things and made my choices for which uniforms to use, but i take NO CREDIT AT ALL for this guy's work.
It is all his doing and his genius!

Side Note: I made a LOT of his designs but not all. If anyone wants me to post what I did, I will in the Graphics Forum.

2018 Rules:
I will be GM and Manager playing out each and every game.
Injury Frequency: Variable by month of the season.
April: EXTREMELY LOW
May: LOW
June and July: NORMAL
August and September: HIGH (VERY HIGH will not be used because that would be ridiculous!)

Trading Difficulty: Hard and Neutral

Playoff Structure:
Three Division Winners and Two Wildcards.
The only change in my MLB universe is that the wildcards will play a best of three wildcard series instead of only one game.
All two or three games will be played at the stadium of the team which has the best wildcard record between the two.
The current MLB playoff setup will then follow suit.

To kind of spice things up, the AI Trading Frequency will be modified throughout the year.
April: LOW
May: NORMAL
June: HIGH
July: VERY HIGH
August: VERY LOW
September: VERY LOW
This should make the AI keep players early in the season, and then simulate a crazy trade deadline period in July.

This real-time report will close at the end of the 2018 MLB Season.

Now, lets get to the reason why i named this season's title "THE OOTP AI STILL CHEATS!!!"
Last year, in my season, in Game 3 of the NLCS, the NY Mets had a 4-0 lead going into the bottom of the 9th against the SF Giants.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...t=mets&page=25
Then, no matter what i tried to do, the Giants scored 5 runs in the 9th to win the game.
The Mets, of course, went on to lose the NLCS 4-3.
So, i blamed the AI as it just cheated it's A$$ off to win a game that i felt we had no business losing.
Now, of course, Markus and the other developers of OOTP deny this.
That's ok.
This year, we will try to prove it.
At the start of the season, i will take the Mets and the Opening Day roster provided by OOTP and force trades to put the BEST players on the Mets for the 2018 season.
I will make the decision according to overall ratings, potential ratings and other factors.
So that means players like Kershaw, Harper, Stanton, Altuve, Trout and others will be on this Mets team for my season for 2018!
Since I believe that the AI cheats, I will cheat the AI by putting together the best baseball team for the season.
If any minor to major injuries occur to any of my players, another FORCED TRADE will be made to replace that player with the best player available by my standards if i need to.
All of the current players on the 2018 Mets will be released to free agency and the AI can send them where they want to.
We will still play out a 162 game season.
I will still manage every game.
With the new OOTP graphics, playing every game should be even more fun than last year.
Now, with this team that will be potentially put together, THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES TO NOT WIN THE NL EAST DIVISION, THE NL PENNANT AND THE WORLD SERIES!
Now, if anyone wants to blame my managing style, that's ok too.
But with a team that should have an average of 70-80 overall ratings on the mound, the bullpen, the field and at the plate, there should be NO EXCUSES to bring a championship back to Queens.
Now, if i do not succeed in my endeavors to win the 2018 World Series, i will show evidence that the AI, when playing each and every game out and NOT using the SIMULATION engine, doesn't like to lose!
And NO, i will not CTRL-ALT-DEL any games!
If we win, we win and if we lose, we lose!
Period!
Also, ALL injuries will be RESET at the start of the season so that EVERY team in the league will have their best number one roster players available.
All morale will be RESET, so that everyone is happy for the start of the season!
So there will be no one injured or unhappy at the start of the season in the Majors or Minors.

So, everyone...buckle your seat belts and prepare for a very interesting baseball season.
As RJL518 and OOTP 19 prepare to show you that...

THE OOTP AI STILL CHEATS!!!---MLB & THE NY METS 2018!!!

Upcoming Schedule:
March 27---Roster Moves
March 28---Final Roster Moves and PrePredicts
March 29---Opening Day vs STL Cardinals @ Citi Field
Attached Images

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 03-25-2018 at 01:27 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
msupoke
All Star Reserve

I object to moving Altuve!
Old 03-25-2018, 01:23 PM   #3
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupoke View Post
I object to moving Altuve!
Objection OVERULED!!!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
Old 03-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #4
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
Objection OVERULED!!!
Old 03-26-2018, 11:30 AM   #5
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You mad bro?

Old 03-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
You mad bro?
I am salty.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
vrobx1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am salty.
Get him Poke! You tell him!
vrobx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #8
msupoke
All Star Reserve

I am curious to see how this pans out, though. Can a "super team" actually get beat over the long haul?

If he steals Altuve only to start some other lesser talent at second, I will get unhinged, though.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:15 PM   #9
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am curious to see how this pans out, though. Can a "super team" actually get beat over the long haul?

If he steals Altuve only to start some other lesser talent at second, I will get unhinged, though.
during the beta, i ran a LOT of experiments with super teams and i have narrowed my top 25 players for the roster to an interesting setup.
its not just about the best starters, its also having the best platoon ability and bench to go with it.
youll see what i mean very soon.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:02 PM   #10
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Introducing the 2018 NY Mets Roster:
Starting Infielders:
Buster Posey is an obvious choice for catcher as he is the best in the game.
Freddie Freeman had a monster year last year and being a LH, he will be the main 1B versus RHP.
Jose Altuve, perhaps the best overall player in baseball, period. Not much to say here as he is the overall starter at 2B.
Nolan Arenado gets my call at 3B. Massive gap power and great defense.
Carlos Correa is the starting SS. Need I say more?
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-27-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #11
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Starting Outfielders:
Bryce Harper, a major terror at the plate.
Mike Trout, going in the HOF on his 1st ballot, in about 15 years at least.
Aaron Judge, i think he is best against RHP.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 03-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #12
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

The NY Mets starting bench:
Gary Sanchez, he will catch when we play against LHP, because Posey will play 1B on those days. He will also give Posey a break when he needs it.
Daniel Murphy, awesome hitter and a left-handed bat when needed.
Francisco Lindor, switch hitter and a awesome SS.
Charlie Blackmon, a killer at the plate, another left handed bat, and can play any outfield position.
Giancarlo Stanton, he will start against LHP, since he is better than Judge versus southpaws.
Attached Images

Last edited by rjl518; 03-27-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:17 PM   #13
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Starting Rotation:
Noah Syndergaard, he will stay with the Mets.
Clayton Kershaw, Stephen Strasburg, Chris Sale and Corey Kluber.
Nuff said about these guys?
Attached Images

Last edited by rjl518; 03-27-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:20 PM   #14
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Bullpen:
Max Scherzer and Luis Severino.
Two awesome starters moved to the long relief role.
Can also start in a pinch if necessary.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #15
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Bullpen Mid-Relief and Closers:
Zach Britton, Kenley Jansen, Andrew Miller, Aroldis Chapman, and Ken Giles.
A good mix of lefties and righties.
Any one of them can come in to close or provide some middle relief.
Attached Images

Last edited by rjl518; 03-27-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #16
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

So there you have it.
My superstars for the 2018 NY Mets!
I know that some of you will agree and disagree with my choices.
Why not Kris Bryant, Paul Goldschmidt, Mookie Betts, Corey Knebel, Josh Donaldson, among others.
I feel i put together a team that no matter what the OOTP AI throws at me, we should win the whole thing.
A good mix of role players, left and right handed batters and pitchers and strong defensive fielders when needed.
But, the AI cheats, so we have to cheat back and prove it!
Remember, if any of my players get injured for an extended length of time, they will be replaced by a forced trade of a player that i feel will do the job.
All the other Mets players have been released to free agency so where they go will be up to the AI and the other 29 teams.
Since i will play the games out, i will show that the single game AI cheats over the simulation engine when games are NOT played out.
This is going to be a lot of fun.
Lots of winning streaks, and yes, some cheating losses by the AI.
But for now, everyone, clap your hands, get on your feet and welcome my superteam!
Its time to...

MEET THE 2018 NEW YORK METS!!!

Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-28-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #17
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

This Week in Baseball---Opening Week

The NY Mets are a powerhouse of talent, all-stars and champions.
Its World Series or BUST with this team.
But I know that the rest of the league has some ideas on how to beat us.
So lets show them that whatever they do, resistance is futile! (Star Trek)
Our schedule to start the season off for March and April includes series versus STL(2), PHI, WAS, MIL, MIA, ATL, and SD.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-31-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #18
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

The rest of the league stands ready for another grueling summer.
The PrePredicts are as follows:

American League:
1. TOR Blue Jays
2. MIN Twins
3. HOU Astros
4. NY Yankees
5. CLE Indians

National League:
1. NY Mets (118 wins. Lowest total simmed. In the betas, i had win totals as high as 133 wins. AI Cheats!)
2. LA Dodgers
3. CHI Cubs
4. ARZ Diamondbacks
5. STL Cardinals

But we always know that the PrePredicts engine is very different from the sim engine and the game engine.
Also, the Mets players i released into free agency have not been picked up yet.
So some teams are gonna be a bit better or worse than these predictions.
So, that's one of our goals.
We have to do better than 118 wins!
Can we do it?

March/April Settings:
AI Trade Frequency: LOW
AI Injury Frequency: EXTREMELY LOW

All injuries, morale and fatigue has been reset!
Its time to PLAY BALL!!!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-28-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #19
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

This Week's Key Match-UPs

Late Week:
COL Rockies @ ARZ Diamondbacks
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by rjl518; 03-31-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:57 PM   #20
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Opening Series Preview: STL Cardinals @ Citi Field

The Redbirds make a trip to the Big Apple for the Opening Series versus the Mets.
It will be cold up here in late March, so the ball could bounce anywhere.
The Cardinals are picked by the AI to be the 2nd WC team, so this team doesn't suck.
Even though Kershaw is the best pitcher on this team, i have decided to let "Thor" Syndergaard swing his mighty hammer for Opening Day.
He was the starter for Game 7 of the NLCS last year that we lost versus the SF Giants, so he wanted the ball for the start of the new season.
He got it.
Kershaw and Strasburg will be the weekend pitchers.
See you tomorrow for Opening Day 2018!
LETS GO METS!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by rjl518; 03-28-2018 at 07:02 PM.