Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-02-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Historical and PIMs numbers

Thanks for the new patch.
I saw that you started to work on this by tweeking players attributes in a 1974 test start.
Globally it's in the good dirrection, but my concern is in regard of the AI gestion of physical teams. The AI still cannot recognise verry physical players, particularlly fowards, because none can be attributed the roles of goons or enforcers : the agitator one receaving more points in suitable calculation.

And worse : when I take control of the 1974 Flyers and ask them to play verry aggressive and put the hitting at maximum for the team its help a little, but not for the individual tactics. I mean here when I ask Dupont and Schultz to be verry aggressive and Hitting everything, they take less PIMs then when I touch nothing. 1974 test result : Schultz 80gp, 70PIMs and 6 fights, as observer commissionaire test 78gp and 250PIMs, 17fights. And still no way to dirrectly encourage/discourage players to fight.
A way for that can be adding a league setting for fighting (like goals/game and PIMs/game) or/and adding a tactical slidder for fighting allowance by coaches.
I know Jeff that you are aware of this since you already talked about it in earlier posts.
So for a conclusion : what are your plans to solve it?

Last edited by Spartacus70; 12-02-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Spartacus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Any development about it guys?
Old 12-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #3
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Hello! Chrismas is comming.
Any chance to see something about it in the next patch?
Old 12-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

I saw that language aquisition will be corrected and the shots distribution is better. So good maintenance job!
But what about fights and physicals startegies?
Old 12-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #5
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

3 Tests post patch

Nothing new on the PIMs numbers here.
The AI Fred Shero seems to refuse the Flyers to play their natural way.
And particularlly nobody fight in this team.
They manage to be 2nd most punished team with 12PIMs/game (50% than historical counterpart).
Some of the teams with the most PIMs dont even play physically (most balanced).
So again, what is your plan for correcting it please. Because actually I cannot be satisfied with historical replay right now since physical side of the game is broken. It's cutting the immersion.
Attached Images
Old 12-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Other stats, same save. I did not coache Philadelphia.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 12-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #7
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

The Philadelphia PIMs leader....
Attached Images
Old 01-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #8
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Hope every had good hollidays.

Please, someone in the dev team can answers to me about it.

Because for now I cannot play historical games with satisfaction, the fighting level and the intimidation factor are not really in the game (or at best at the level of modern post 2010 area).

I resume my concerns :
1- Goon and Enforcer tactical roles are not just identicals, but useless since the score of the agitator role is always higher (exepted for players who cannot play hockey, but in this case the AI will never put them in the lineup).
2-No way in the tactical selection to influence the involvement of your players in fighting.
3-The AI cannot dealed with more aggressive tactics (no more than 4/6 in aggression slider).
4-Still some strange situations where I regularly see a player with AGG/14 and FIGHT/13 in the leader board for PIMs, and Schultz like players barrelly tresspassing the 1PIM per game barrier.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #9
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Seriously, nobody care about the intimidation factor in the 70-90's area.
Even the Devs?
Old 01-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #10
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus70 View Post
Seriously, nobody care about the intimidation factor in the 70-90's area.
Even the Devs?
I know it's easy to get that impression, but it's an area of the game that the devs have really tried to nail. They haven't nailed it yet, but it's on the radar.

I hear you, though. Playing 70's hockey with no rough stuff seems...unfulfilling.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:17 PM   #11
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I'm hoping that a fighting frequency slider is added to the game in the future to just allow people to increase or decrease the amount of fisticuffs in they're game (era) wether its historical or present day that adds or decreases the hard coded fighting percentages throughout the various years.

They've came a very long ways with a ton of features, and although I've said some pretty immature things in the past just out of frustration with this end of the game, I've always been passionate with NHL fights and I have certainly not given up hope that the developers revisit this and give it a good look over.

Its great to hear that this is on the radar no doubt. =)
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:27 PM   #12
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

They haven't nailed it yet, but it's on the radar.
OK.
But someone can just please giving to us some clues about the plan regarding this.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:33 AM   #13
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

This silence... That is meaning I will have to wait untill next year?
Old 02-04-2020, 07:27 PM   #14
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

please someone... I know that is something you are aware of. Even if it will be not exactly what I want to ear I would apreciate an answer for the near future developments.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:41 PM   #15
Schifty
Major Leagues

Honestly, the OOTP Hockey Team Dev.... seem to only do small changes, they put ''new'' small feature from FHM5 to FHM6... dont know if they will do better on an upcomming patch or FHM7.

Probably they have a lot to do only about having accurate roster for every team and league.

FOr the PIM problem, probably a engine recoding need to be done so its not a simple task. I'm not hopping to see that on FHM 6
Schifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:02 PM   #16
Habitant4Life
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus70 View Post
Hope every had good hollidays.

Please, someone in the dev team can answers to me about it.

Because for now I cannot play historical games with satisfaction, the fighting level and the intimidation factor are not really in the game (or at best at the level of modern post 2010 area).

I resume my concerns :
1- Goon and Enforcer tactical roles are not just identicals, but useless since the score of the agitator role is always higher (exepted for players who cannot play hockey, but in this case the AI will never put them in the lineup).
2-No way in the tactical selection to influence the involvement of your players in fighting.
3-The AI cannot dealed with more aggressive tactics (no more than 4/6 in aggression slider).
4-Still some strange situations where I regularly see a player with AGG/14 and FIGHT/13 in the leader board for PIMs, and Schultz like players barrelly tresspassing the 1PIM per game barrier.
Yeah, I find it strange how every enforcer is essentially useless/defaulted to having higher role scores in agitator. Agitators are nice to have, but when did Bob Probert look to get under someone's skin? Or Derek Boogard? Those guys were there for one reason and one reason only, to step up and protect their teammates when the time called for it.

As it is, I feel like the game heavily favors offensive play, even in historical seasons where trap defense and physical players dominated the game. It's a bummer, because I think it's a great game regardless, but I would love to see the physical aspect of hockey be well-represented in FHM.
Habitant4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #17
JJ Lehto
Minors (Single A)

Here's a thought: Attribute values go up to 40, but are usually below 20 (slightly over 20 in some cases). Perhaps the values used for aggro and fighting are generally just too low?
JJ Lehto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #18
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

It's not so simple.In a test i did an hour ago (1974 flyers start), Bill Clement (AGG 9/ Fight 6) had 8 fights and 200PIMs, Dave Schultz (AGG and fight 25) had 19 fights and 230 PIMs for 80GP.

My Flyers was asked to play very aggressive and physical.
As for the OFF attributes, I have the conviction, from a lot of tests, that the attributes over 20 contribute only marginally and the average is too high for making a proper separation. Just ask the game to sort you (searching) the players by attributes. Never you will see number over 21 (even if the player is at 25).
Another element is that in historical games, the historical league average are not respected. RL avg of 6.8 goals per games become 6.3. The same with the PIMs average.
But if you do a custom game, where players are never rated over 21, the league averages are respected amazingly : derivation of +/- .02.

Last edited by Spartacus70; 02-10-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:32 PM   #19
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

Another test. This time with Schultz at 40 AGG and FIGHT, 0 at TEMP.
Only Commissionaire mode without intervening.
Notice that nobody else in the Flyers is over 100PIMs...
And Penalties per game was 5.6 in comparasion of 7.9....
If you rase the PIMs avg before starting the season,everybody will take more PIMs excepting those over 21 in AGG...
Attached Images
Old 02-11-2020, 05:21 AM   #20
JJ Lehto
Minors (Single A)

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing!
JJ Lehto is offline   Reply With Quote