Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

AI keeps changing my line ups

What am I to do? The AI is doing this repeatably and I have all my settings set to my own control.

What gives?
209vaguhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

most likely your set up to use real historical transactions and lineups

go to

game
game settings
league settings
historical
and uncheck the boxes for use real historical lineups and transactions and the AI will stop messin with your stuff
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:12 AM   #3
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

Everything is unchecked. It only reticently started doing this; I switched some of my settings earlier to see if I wanted the AI controlling things, but I switched it back. And now its COMPLETELY MESSED UP.

It's changing my entire pitching staff, lineups, promoting players etc. The game is unplayable. I even tried downloading the latest version.

WTF!!!!
Old 04-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #4
monkeystyxx
Minors (Triple A)

You probably are, but... you are manager of the team and not just GM, right?
monkeystyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
Cyprian
Bat Boy

sounds like he is GM only so his manager and coaches are changing it on him. You have to become GM and Manager, then go to manager settings and put yourself in there to make the lineups and such.
Cyprian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:35 PM   #6
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprian View Post
sounds like he is GM only so his manager and coaches are changing it on him. You have to become GM and Manager, then go to manager settings and put yourself in there to make the lineups and such.
This is my second season and I am both a GM and Manager. No OOTP staff have yet reached out.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:45 AM   #7
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaguhn View Post
This is my second season and I am both a GM and Manager. No OOTP staff have yet reached out.
There are literally thousands of people playing this game that don't have this issue,Your game isn't any different than all the others playing it.
If all the possibilities mentioned in this thread are set correct , the AI won't make the changes your experiencing. The OOTP staff can't fix your eyesight
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #8
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
There are literally thousands of people playing this game that don't have this issue,Your game isn't any different than all the others playing it.
If all the possibilities mentioned in this thread are set correct , the AI won't make the changes your experiencing. The OOTP staff can't fix your eyesight
How do you know my game isn't any different? Unknown glitches happen all the time; and who are you to say that NOBODY else is having a problem.

Kiss my ass.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:49 PM   #9
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

BTW I would love to do a team viewer with anyone who doesn't believe me or thinks i'm stupid. It only takes 1 minute to sim two games and see that everything get's changed and guys are getting promoted without my consent.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:48 AM   #10
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BTW I would love to do a team viewer with anyone who doesn't believe me or thinks i'm stupid. It only takes 1 minute to sim two games and see that everything get's changed and guys are getting promoted without my consent.
Zip your .dat files and post it on Mediafire then let us take a look at them. Otherwise post some screenshots of your Team settings screen. What type of league are you playing, fictional, historical or MLB quickstart? Also many of us have been around for years and have seen what you are complaining of numerous times and 99% of the time it is always the complainer who forgot something not something wrong with the game. Painmantle is trying to help you, you shouldn't be rude to him even if you are frustrated.

If you are in Commish Mode are you controlling your team?

To post screenshots on a PC you can try
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8
or
2nd to last on here
http://www.gadwin.com/download/
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 04-15-2015 at 12:58 AM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:51 AM   #11
mainstreet
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I don't think anyone doubts that this is happening. I think that most people think there's a setting that's been set wrong -- and I agree here.

I struggle with this too for some leagues.

You can try just a hard "Do not allow AI to make roster changes" but that would affect all teams in the league (as far as I can tell, though I may also be missing a setting) and is a bad idea unless you're willing to GM all the teams.

A tutorial on what settings cause/prevent what types of actions and where these settings can be found in each mode (GM, Manager, GM/Manager, Commisioner, etc.) might be useful, but I don't know enough to do this.
mainstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:03 AM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

From my experience, the most likely cause of this is that a user has the "do not disturb" flag selected in the manager options, which effectively hands over all control to the AI.

The easiest way this can be looked at is to at least post screenshots explaining the problem. If not, please post in the bug reports thread including uploading league files.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #13
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
From my experience, the most likely cause of this is that a user has the "do not disturb" flag selected in the manager options, which effectively hands over all control to the AI.

The easiest way this can be looked at is to at least post screenshots explaining the problem. If not, please post in the bug reports thread including uploading league files.
I bet this is what happened. I will check tonight but I'm almost positive I set this when I tried to sim a few weeks by in the off-season but never un-checked it.

It's a little bit confusing b/c I was only simming one day at a time and not multiple days or weeks so I never even thought about the DND option.

Thanks everbody!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #14
chipschap1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Never thought about 'do not disturb'

I had the same problem and the 'do not disturb' flag was also the problem. Thanks for the tip, everything's the way I want it now.

I'm pretty to new to this. OOTP has so many options in so many places, it takes time to learn them. Patience and polite inquiries are definitely rewarded. The community is incredibly supportive.
chipschap1 is offline   Reply With Quote