Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Playoffs Problem Help Needed

I am not well-versed in playoffs mechanism.

I have a four-league association and would like to have the pennant winners play off for the overall championship... it is a 4-league Association... just a simple four-team playoff... each series is just a single-game playoff... the winners of the first-round games would meet in the finals for the championship.

However, when I choose "custom playoffs", there is no choice to have one team from each league.

It says I must choose wildcards... I don't want wildcats... but the message is that I HAVE to HAVE wildcards.

Is it possible to have a 4-league playoff?

If I have to, I could have the second and third place teams in the first round and give the division winner a bye... but I prefer just the division winners in the playoffs.

Would appreciate your help.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-15-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
andyhdz
All Star Starter

There are two ways to do it the first is go to your Association settings and set the playoff there that was the original way but it's not very good at keeping track of the history so a lot of people don't do it and I don't even do that anymore. The second is the best way is actually to create a tournament where you add manually those four championship teams every year it's a lot better looks nicer and history is kept
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:03 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
There are two ways to do it the first is go to your Association settings and set the playoff there that was the original way but it's not very good at keeping track of the history so a lot of people don't do it and I don't even do that anymore. The second is the best way is actually to create a tournament where you add manually those four championship teams every year it's a lot better looks nicer and history is kept
Great information!

Much obliged by the help and advice... history is important... so I will do a tournament.

One more question... is it easy to set up a tournament?... never done that.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-15-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I just did a trial of setting up a tournament... it went well... you all won't have to help me with this... at least, at this point.

EC, the technologically-challenged, just might be able to do it all by "him lonesome"...(southern for "himself"... that's for you culturally-illiterates