Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #21
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
No problems here with the key.

I would just like to mention to the people who are using steam to take a moment and visit their OOTP forum. Some are making inappropriate comments about the game which could discourage potential buyers. Your own input may help them understand how customizable the game is.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 General Discussions :: Steam Community
I just went and looked, you and Brad and Hammer and OOTP (Markus? Andreas?) seem to have it well under control.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #22
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I don't get it.. what is the benefit of getting a steam key if you already have the game?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #23
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I don't get it.. what is the benefit of getting a steam key if you already have the game?
Multiple computers (>2), traveling, easy install/uninstall, no losing your key or having it suddenly fail for no reason.

Plus if your hard drive crashes, you won't need a license reset.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #24
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Multiple computers (>2), traveling, easy install/uninstall, no losing your key or having it suddenly fail for no reason.

Thanks.. I've never had any of those issues.. so I guess I'll pass.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #25
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks.. I've never had any of those issues.. so I guess I'll pass.
If you're just an OOTP gamer that's probably easiest. I own and play a lot of games on Steam, so I have it installed anyway, so it's a no-brainer for me.

But if Steam ever offers a mod workshop, multiplayer play, and cloud storage in the future then I think almost everybody will be best served by going Steam. The exception would be a guy who only wanted to play OOTP solo with no mods and on only one computer.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #26
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:

It should also give you access on all 3 platforms. Outside of steam you needs a separate key for the Linux build

vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #27
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you're just an OOTP gamer that's probably easiest. I own and play a lot of games on Steam, so I have it installed anyway, so it's a no-brainer for me.

But if Steam ever offers a mod workshop, multiplayer play, and cloud storage in the future then I think almost everybody will be best served by going Steam. The exception would be a guy who only wanted to play OOTP solo with no mods and on only one computer.
I have Steam as well and many games.. does it screw up your install of OOTP if you get a steam key or does Steam just see it's on your pc and add it to your library of games?
Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #28
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I have Steam as well and many games.. does it screw up your install of OOTP if you get a steam key or does Steam just see it's on your pc and add it to your library of games?
You would have to copy any of the data files from the old installation folder you had to the new one that is created when you install it on Steam.
Crazyjoe0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:05 AM   #29
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjoe0813 View Post
You would have to copy any of the data files from the old installation folder you had to the new one that is created when you install it on Steam.
If you installed OOTP to the default folders, the Steam version of OOTP should automatically find and use them. Just click "install" in Steam, start OOTP, click on "Load saved game" and the games should be there.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #30
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
We've published an online tool that lets you retrieve a Steam key for OOTP 14 if you purchased the game elsewhere and want to play the game via Steam instead.

http://ootpsupport.com/steamkey/steamkey.php

Thanks.

- Brad
Thanks. I hadn't played in a while and was wondering why my game was no longer activated! Saved a message to support.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #31
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjoe0813 View Post
No even if for some reason the steam install does not recognize them you can change the default folders in the game. Under expert settings is custom data path. I believe that is where you change the default folder OOTP looks at. I did this before to save HD space with my massive graphics and other mod addons. I put the directories on a different HD and set a new data path.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote