Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #101
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,666
Thanks: 19,365
Thanked 9,325x in 4,653 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
If I were you, I'd upload the files and then update the ticket (if you can) with the file name or whatever. I doubt any of us can do anything more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
The ticket yes. I posted about it. The zipped files were never requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
Can you direct me to the post/ticket? I don't see anything in the bug report page under technical support. I've looked back through all your posts using your page in the members list and don't see anything other then what is posted in this thread.

Maybe I'm just missing it though
We're willing to look at the files if you want to post a link to them, though it may take some time before we can get to them. That being said, the reason I didn't ask for them is because as I mentioned in the ticket reply, as far as I understand the mechanics of the game (with the proviso that I don't code myself) it's literally impossible that something is playing out differently when playing the games as opposed to simming them. The code for both is exactly the same.

Plus, even if by some incredible mischance, there was an issue in playing out games, we'd have hundreds or thousands of complaints about that coming in, not just this one. So though I have no doubt you're sincere in thinking there's a problem here, I do not see how that could possibly be the case.

If you want, pease do post the files though, and I'll play out some games with them and see what happens. If you post a link here then I'm sure some of the folks replying here will do so as well and we can see what results we get.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
7 thanks for this post:
Andy (05-14-2019), BIG17EASY (05-14-2019), BoofBonser26 (05-15-2019), Findest2001 (05-14-2019), jbergey22 (05-18-2019), jtnlange (05-14-2019), pstrickert (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #102
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
We're willing to look at the files if you want to post a link to them, though it may take some time before we can get to them. That being said, the reason I didn't ask for them is because as I mentioned in the ticket reply, as far as I understand the mechanics of the game (with the proviso that I don't code myself) it's literally impossible that something is playing out differently when playing the games as opposed to simming them. The code for both is exactly the same.

Plus, even if by some incredible mischance, there was an issue in playing out games, we'd have hundreds or thousands of complaints about that coming in, not just this one. So though I have no doubt you're sincere in thinking there's a problem here, I do not see how that could possibly be the case.

If you want, please do post the files though, and I'll play out some games with them and see what happens. If you post a link here then I'm sure some of the folks replying here will do so as well and we can see what results we get.

I appreciate your response, and your candor. I have little doubt you are RIGHT. After my many discussions in this thread I have come to see I must simply be the unluckiest player in OOTP history. As unlikely as it may be, I fear that statement is now the truth.


Once again, thank you for the response. If the issue continues I will certainly send along my game file.

EDIT: PS, My apologies, I did not intend to use your name in the copy and paste of the bug report. I hope that didn't violate a rule of privacy or anything.

EDIT BIG MISTAKE: I only just realized I said wrong and not "right". I'm so sorry about that mistake. I believe you are correct and hope that's the way you read it. Geez that was a big mistake

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-14-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #103
dkgo
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,505
Thanks: 51
Thanked 894x in 508 posts
this guy created countless threads on garbage perfect team "bugs" too because he thought his league number was his winning percentage and if a player doesnt hit for two weeks there must be a problem
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #104
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
this guy created countless threads on garbage perfect team "bugs" too because he thought his league number was his winning percentage and if a player doesnt hit for two weeks there must be a problem

Then don't post in them if they're garbage. Everyone makes mistakes. I've admitted mine, but I'm sure you've done nothing wrong...ever.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #105
slugga27
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 723
Thanks: 69
Thanked 197x in 144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Then don't post in them if they're garbage. Everyone makes mistakes. I've admitted mine, but I'm sure you've done nothing wrong...ever.

Really? You admit being wrong? I’ll just leave this here. Also, telling Lukas you have “no doubt” he’s wrong, while “appreciating” his candor. What?


Injured Relievers Getting Big Contracts
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #106
Mat
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 343
Thanks: 635
Thanked 149x in 109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
In Moneyball, Michael Lewis references several mathematicians, whose names I do not remember, who calculated that the worst a team could ever perform would be a 47-115 (IIRC, I read it last month for the fourth time) season in the current, 162-game, landscape of MLB. Again, IIRC, that's even the baseline for where WAR calculations start. Again, I'm still relatively new to analytics, but that was my understanding as he wrote it. And that win percentage of the 47-115 team is .290. That's more than 5x better than my team currently performs in played games
This 'worst a team could ever perform' is not a hard barrier that you can not physically go beyond. Ask the 2003 Detroit Tigers. There will always be outliers.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:28 PM   #107
Mat
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 343
Thanks: 635
Thanked 149x in 109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Here's the ticket anyways, if you felt like seeing it.
....my pitchers give up a HR on EVERY pitch..
I bet that got a laugh!
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BIG17EASY (05-15-2019), slugga27 (05-15-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 09:29 PM   #108
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
This 'worst a team could ever perform' is not a hard barrier that you can not physically go beyond. Ask the 2003 Detroit Tigers. There will always be outliers.
Dang. 119 losses. That sucks. I wonder if they knew right from the get go they were tanking or if it just happened that way.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:55 AM   #109
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,736
Thanks: 5,902
Thanked 41,828x in 6,507 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
This is my guess. It seems unfathomable that a corrupted file could cause this. My first thought is that this is just ridiculously terrible luck.
Either bad luck or you are simply a bad manager
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BIG17EASY (05-15-2019), slugga27 (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #110
phenom
Hall Of Famer
 
phenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Near the Great Wall. On the GOOD side.
Posts: 3,601
Thanks: 46
Thanked 223x in 114 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I don't necessarily agree with the thinking, but I believe most people feel that if a company is making profits that the profits themselves are what tells the company they're doing a good job. However, once a product or service is provided, the only way the company can verify or understand that a problem exists is if people communicate said issues with the company.


I could be way off base here, but it seems like a somewhat reasonable framework for capitalist ideology.
I didn't say anything about people who call to complain about problems they're having. Nobody calls to praise a company for positive results they're getting from a product, and I use my time in a customer service call center as a basis for this.

Perhaps you misread my post.

Also can you record your game play and show it to us? I'd love to see that many home runs being hit.
__________________
reported


Last edited by phenom; 05-15-2019 at 07:00 AM.
phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
BIG17EASY (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:31 AM   #111
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom View Post
I didn't say anything about people who call to complain about problems they're having. Nobody calls to praise a company for positive results they're getting from a product, and I use my time in a customer service call center as a basis for this.

Perhaps you misread my post.

Also can you record your game play and show it to us? I'd love to see that many home runs being hit.

I believe I read it correctly. Maybe I misstated my post. Nonetheless I have also worked in a call center for many years and was speaking of my experience as well. Either way I believe I understand your point, and I agree wholeheartedly.


As far as recording, I will do my best, but my machine has issues with freezing and crashing using OOTP, which I've been working with the devs on for over a month so I'm not sure if It'll be able to handle recording video as well, but anything is worth trying once.

Do I need a special program to do that? Or is it something inherent in the game?

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-15-2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Another program perhaps?
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #112
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Either bad luck or you are simply a bad manager
Touche.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #113
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,781
Thanks: 1,801
Thanked 1,664x in 907 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
I bet that got a laugh!
The screenshot he posted in this thread is contradictory to his claim. One of the home runs shown was on an 0-1 pitch, so he can't even claim the home runs come on the first pitch of an at bat.

He has refused to provide any evidence of his claims and only attacks those who question the validity of those claims. Why are we wasting any more time on this? Markus's reply is the only logical answer and should be the end of this charade.
BIG17EASY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #114
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
As long as nobody else posts I'm perfectly happy to let the thread die. It was a great discussion until people started getting nasty for no reason. *shrug*



Whatever helps people sleep at night. For some it's a good job. Others it's helping the poor or church. Yet for others, it's feeling cool on an internet message board where they're totally anonymous so they can be whoever they want to be and treat people how they themselves are treated perhaps? I don't see any reason to come into a thread and attack the person seeking assistance, council, or merely brainstorming possibilities.


I suppose those that do are the ones who yell at the homeless to "get a job" instead of offering one to them. Oh well, thank you all for your contributions. It is much appreciated. For those that attacked me or accuse me of lying or whatever, even if I put you on the ignore list, I will continue to wish/pray for your life to be fruitful and that you learn the fact that how you treat people in ALL aspects of life is important whether work, family, or (yes) even internet message boards. Good day, week, month, etc.


Findest signing off.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #115
David Watts
Hall Of Famer
 
David Watts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Looking for a place called Leehofooks
Posts: 6,676
Thanks: 4,597
Thanked 4,601x in 2,399 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
As long as nobody else posts I'm perfectly happy to let the thread die. It was a great discussion until people started getting nasty for no reason. *shrug*



Whatever helps people sleep at night. For some it's a good job. Others it's helping the poor or church. Yet for others, it's feeling cool on an internet message board where they're totally anonymous so they can be whoever they want to be and treat people how they themselves are treated perhaps? I don't see any reason to come into a thread and attack the person seeking assistance, council, or merely brainstorming possibilities.


I suppose those that do are the ones who yell at the homeless to "get a job" instead of offering one to them. Oh well, thank you all for your contributions. It is much appreciated. For those that attacked me or accuse me of lying or whatever, even if I put you on the ignore list, I will continue to wish/pray for your life to be fruitful and that you learn the fact that how you treat people in ALL aspects of life is important whether work, family, or (yes) even internet message boards. Good day, week, month, etc.


Findest signing off.
I have to admit, I don't even play OOTP. I come to this forum for only one reason. I'm a dull and simple lad. I can't even tell the difference between water and champagne. I've never even met a single member of Queen. But, when I lie on my pillow at night, I dream that I could fight like David Watts......
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BIG17EASY (05-15-2019), jtnlange (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 10:47 AM   #116
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I have to admit, I don't even play OOTP. I come to this forum for only one reason. I'm a dull and simple lad. I can't even tell the difference between water and champagne. I've never even met a single member of Queen. But, when I lie on my pillow at night, I dream that I could fight like David Watts......
You've never met a member of Queen? I'm sorry I can't associate with the likes of you. My internet reputation would be tarnished.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:50 PM   #117
Findest2001
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 960
Thanks: 256
Thanked 203x in 154 posts
I'm sorry to bump this one final time, but I think I figured out the problem. I finally decided to check the editor and see if something was wrong with my pitcher ratings, and for whatever reason my starting pitcher's movement ratings were all single digits somehow. I know this can't be right as I started a new game to verify and the same pitchers that I have in the same season have MUCH higher movement ratings. That would account for all the homeruns. Anyways, I wanted to post I think I found the problem. Now that I've set the movement rating to where they should be the game is much more realistic now.

I still can't account for why it only happened in "play game" mode, but nonetheless I'm happy the debacle is over.

Anyways, I figured some people would be interested in knowing the "why" with regards to this issue.

Cheers! And thanks again to all who contributed!

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-18-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BirdWatcher (05-18-2019), Harry Hibbs (05-19-2019), Lukas Berger (05-19-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 02:47 AM   #118
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)
 
Arobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 119
Thanks: 130
Thanked 26x in 24 posts
Happens to me too. Seems every single time I 'play'ed a game both teams combine for 5 or 6 hits. I've since stopped playing any games at all. Doesn't matter what year or league or settings. It's always just a low scoring slog!
__________________


Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #119
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: San Jose
Posts: 167
Thanks: 101
Thanked 80x in 49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobbins View Post
Happens to me too. Seems every single time I 'play'ed a game both teams combine for 5 or 6 hits. I've since stopped playing any games at all. Doesn't matter what year or league or settings. It's always just a low scoring slog!
That's the exact opposite of the O/P's issue

Play enough games out and you'll see the whole variety: slugfests, pitcher's duels and everything in between. In a game I played out yesterday it went 14 innings which my team won with a walkoff single 6-5. Each team had 15 plus hits and both bullpens were emptied. In my experience OOTP feels very realistic.
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BIG17EASY (05-20-2019), BirdWatcher (05-20-2019), slugga27 (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #120
slugga27
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 723
Thanks: 69
Thanked 197x in 144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hibbs View Post
That's the exact opposite of the O/P's issue



Play enough games out and you'll see the whole variety: slugfests, pitcher's duels and everything in between. In a game I played out yesterday it went 14 innings which my team won with a walkoff single 6-5. Each team had 15 plus hits and both bullpens were emptied. In my experience OOTP feels very realistic.


Yep. I can confirm as someone who has played out tens of thousands of games.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2020 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments