Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-27-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
jeepis12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Different schedules for different divisions?

Is it possible to have different schedules for different divisions that have a different number of teams?

For example, Division A has 8 teams, Division B has 10 teams, while Division C has 6 teams?

Also, would it be possible to have no interdivisional games at all? Teams only play teams in their own divisions.

I want to create a college/semi-pro type league based in one state with several divisions that's located in certain regions of the state. Like in the middle of the state, there'd be 10 teams. In the northeast, only 6 teams. Southwest, 7 teams, blah blah.

Hope this is the right sub-forum to post in!

Thanks!
jeepis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

Definitely possible, but you'd have to find a custom schedule (or make one yourself) to do a schedule with only interdivisional games.
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
jeepis12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyElbows View Post
Definitely possible, but you'd have to find a custom schedule (or make one yourself) to do a schedule with only interdivisional games.
This is super crazy. You were exactly the person I was looking for!

I saw your list of 60-game schedules for 6, 7, 8, etc. teams and thought they were perfect for the league I wanted to create.

If I do that, then how would the game know which team is in which division? For example, if Division A has 6 teams, they'd be team 1-6. If Division B has 8 teams, they'd be 7-14. If Division C has 10 teams, they'd be 15-24. How can I ensure that the game doesn't think Division B has 10 teams while Division C has 8 teams?

I was hoping that I could take those schedules and assign them to certain divisions.

Would that be possible?

Or could I somehow take two of your schedules and copy a "7-team schedule" and paste it into a "6-team" schedule or something like that?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by jeepis12; 01-27-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
abell1198
All Star Reserve

You would only have one custom schedule, but it can be created to only have the divisional teams play each other.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
jeepis12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell1198 View Post
You would only have one custom schedule, but it can be created to only have the divisional teams play each other.

That'll likely be the plan. My concern is how to make sure that the correct team numbers are assigned to the correct teams/divisions? I know the numbers are randomized every year to give different schedules. I just don't want the game to think Division B is really Division C or whatever.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:46 PM   #6
abell1198
All Star Reserve

I don't know if OOTP randomizes the numbers outside of divisions. I don't think they do, so I believe you would be okay. You could play a season with your schedule, then check the schedule evaluation prior to starting the next season to make sure the games are only divisional.

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:10 PM   #7
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

Glad to hear that my schedules are of some use

If I understand you correctly, you have three divisions (of varying sizes) in a single league. To make one combined schedule, you can mash together a few of the schedules I've created into one file.

This really wouldn't be a difficult process, I can do it for you if you like. Could you please just tell me what the sizes of your divisions are, and which order they should be in? (i.e Div I has 6 teams, Div II has 8, etc)

Edit: could have read your comment more closely the first time. After a single, combined schedule is made, you wouldn't have to worry about the divisions being screwed up. The game only randomized the schedule within divisions.

Last edited by DustyElbows; 01-27-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #8
jeepis12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the comment! Good to know that the divisions won't be messed up. I'll still run a test sim just in case though.

I can mash up the schedules myself. I'll be sure just to change the team numbers when I add them to the "mega" schedule.

As for the sizes/divisions, that wouldn't really matter, because I plan on doing some kind of a historical sim where the league would start in 1920 with 12 teams with two divisions then expand over the years with 100+ teams in who-knows-how-many divisions (with all varying sizes).

I'll just ensure that all divisions have at least six teams to start with!

If you have any advice or suggestions, such as how to quickly change the team numbers, feel free to share them with me. I'm open to them.

Last edited by jeepis12; 01-27-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:20 AM   #9
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

The quickest way I can think of is to start with the schedules separate. For the second and third division, you'll have to change the team numbers.

Quickest way to do this is just find-and-replace, but it's not as simple as just searching for the team number that you want and replacing it as desired. There are other numbers in the file (date, times) that will also be replaced if you do this. Instead, find instance of "home=X" and "away=X" and replace those with "home=Y" and "away=Y". Should be pretty straightforward, if a bit tedious.