Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #21
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
I think it was called SubLogic Football. Pure-Stat and SL football were very similar, but I think PureStat had a little more depth. You had to do a little more to win than throw it to Dwight Clark.
So Pure-stat Football comes as a really pleasant surprise which I've never heard of! I was looking at the screenshots on Google and I'm salivating. I'm just hoping the C64 ROM works properly on the VICE Emulator. But man, I can't believe this game existed and I had no idea about it. And it's got the 1985 Chicago Bears!
Sublogic Football also looks good. The skin looks very similar (o l won't say identical) to Super Bowl Sunday.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #22
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelrunner View Post
So Pure-stat Football comes as a really pleasant surprise which I've never heard of! I was looking at the screenshots on Google and I'm salivating. I'm just hoping the C64 ROM works properly on the VICE Emulator. But man, I can't believe this game existed and I had no idea about it. And it's got the 1985 Chicago Bears!
Sublogic Football also looks good. The skin looks very similar (o l won't say identical) to Super Bowl Sunday.
Just remember, if you try Sublogic: Montana to Clark. Works every time!
Old 03-16-2018, 04:07 AM   #23
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Just remember, if you try Sublogic: Montana to Clark. Works every time!
I didn't have any luck finding a Sublogic ROM anywhere that I could see but I was able to play a game of Pure-stat Football. That's a fun, nifty little game! It does have more options than Super Bowl Sunday but it's got a high difficulty level. My first game out, my 85 Bears lost to the 84 Niners 23-19. Fun little gem though.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:57 AM   #24
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

my thoughts

#1 is 2nd and 10
game looks great, you can add helmets and uniforms to give it some "graphics", produces realistic stats and results, is very simple to play, comes with nearly every pro and college team. There is no animation at all, but I can live with it in exchange for all the good. Clearly the best overall football sim. No contest.

#2 is Action PC!
I dont have the problems with the layout and interface as everyone else. Maybe because Ive played it forever. There is a way to play with game with an "animation" its very basic but is the one thing 2nd and 10 doesnt have. You can slow it down to a speed where its very functional. You have to buy pro and college seasons separately and if you want them all, youll spend a bundle. Game does produce realistic results and stats.

#3 Strat-o-matic
Produces solid stats and results is the best thing about it. Interface and graphics is the most simple. Also have to buy all extra seasons.

Im not a fac of FoF, but Im excited to see what the OOTP people can do to make it something closer to OOTP Baseball 19.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #25
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelrunner View Post
I didn't have any luck finding a Sublogic ROM anywhere that I could see but I was able to play a game of Pure-stat Football. That's a fun, nifty little game! It does have more options than Super Bowl Sunday but it's got a high difficulty level. My first game out, my 85 Bears lost to the 84 Niners 23-19. Fun little gem though.
Ya know, I need to get me an emulator and play it again. I'm still traumatized by that long bomb to Steve Largant. I remember my 13 year old self punching a wall when that happened.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:36 AM   #26
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

FOF 8 has been much harder for me too.

Taking over the Browns in was rough.. won the Super Bowl in 2021 in large part due to the franchise QB I drafted at #1 after my first season. Haven't been back to the playoffs since and we are in cap trouble starting 2024.

It models the real NFL quite well, if you want to be like the Patriots, you have to be careful about contracts and retool each year, especially making sound draft picks and bargain free agent signings. When I won the SB, I made a trade for a CB who would put us over the top.