Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Beta Version 3.0.50 Update Now Available

The first update for the FHM3 Beta, 3.0.50, has just been released.

To apply the update, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy. However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

Change List:

Crashing/Freezing:
-crash in 2018 playoffs fixed
-game no longer freezes if the user attempts to have his assistant set player roles from the strategy screen and he doesn't have a full roster
-crash when setting up a specific type of fictional game fixed
-crash after accepting international job fixed

Graphical/Text/UI:
-player popups getting stuck on screen background fixed
-contradictory comparisons in scouting reports fixed
-Tactical Roles spots in the Strategy screen for 3-on-5 and 3-on-4 defencemen now give the correct options
-various spelling, grammar, and style errors fixed
-trade deadline warnings no longer appear for OHL/WHL/QMJHL when user is playing in NHL
-fixed mismatches between "position improved" headline and the actual position rating that was improved
-blue-on-blue text in various places for the Buffalo Sabres fixed
-Gretzky's Office player role description no longer cut off

Gameplay Issues:
-the playoff stats in their roster view no longer all 0 if the team is still active in the playoffs
-player summaries in boxscore no longer appear blank after simming a playoff game
-"Next game in 60,000+ days" bug fixed
-various changes to tactical role requirements, and attribute requirements for tactical roles; should improve AI line selection a bit
-the "Show Home Screen after advancing day-by-day" option in Game-Setup/Options-Game Settings should now work properly in historical and fictional mode
-injury system reworked, fewer major injuries, clearer division between major and minor injuries, recovery times now more uncertain, possibility of recovery setbacks and slow progression in the late stages of recovery added (we're only partway through the changes; some effects are inactive right now)
-"Control Farm Team" option in Sandbox games should work now
-popup with season score should always appear on June 30, wasn't working in some cases
-some players no longer stuck on INT status after international tournaments
-players can now be waived in the offseason
-you will now get a message when an injured player is healthy and he has 0 days left on the IR

Miscellaneous:
-eSellerate version no longer shows "FHM2" during installation, and should uninstall properly
-database updated with many changes
-KHL rights database problem fixed so older players whose KHL rights aren't owned are signable by KHL teams; a large number of players had a setting that was preventing this
-2015/16 NHL/AHL/ECHL stats fixed so players who were in multiple leagues get all their stats shown (fixes for other leagues will be coming)
-mass-load for facegen pictures enabled: you just need to have your facegen pictures in the fg_files folder with the proper naming format (firstname_lastname_dd_mm_yyyy, e.g. max_pacioretty_20_11_1988.fg) and the game will automatically load them, it's no longer necessary to load each one yourself
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

"-crash in 2018 playoffs fixed"

This applies for all playoffs starting in the second season.

It is possible that historical saves are not compatible and still crash with this bug. So better start a new one.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:07 PM   #3
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the update. Just as an FYI, the 3.0.45 build is still on the main website: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/fran...hockey-manager

Last edited by Mecza; 10-21-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:49 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecza View Post
Thanks for the update. Just as an FYI, the 3.0.45 build is still on the main website: Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Management Game Available for PC and Mac from Out of the Park Developments
Yeah, I just emailed Andreas and Sebastian about that. Not sure if they're going to be changing it with every new beta build, since there could potentially be a few of those in a short time.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the update..

Facegen lovers.. who wants to start renaming all the FHM2 facegen files we've acquired for auto import? lol

That's going to be a tedious task.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #6
moore4807
All Star Starter

Injury Occurs when ???

Great Job!
The only thing I've noticed that isn't discussed here is that the game injuries do not seem to affect the players ice time game stats or every injury has occurred after a 17 min player has played +17:00 of the game in the stats column. And I see no corresponding increase in playing time for any other player covering that slot that I could tell.

Can you check this out please? I'm just downloading the .50 update, so if you fixed that already, many thanks again!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #7
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

message me privately with how its done...i may or may not have the chops to do it but ill chip in if i can as long as you can try to make sure they get uploaded to the steam community so we can have a much easier way to add things to the game
mbaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaliya View Post
message me privately with how its done...i may or may not have the chops to do it but ill chip in if i can as long as you can try to make sure they get uploaded to the steam community so we can have a much easier way to add things to the game
Do you mean how to install the beta update?

Just close the game, download the update from the link above and then run the update.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #9
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Do you mean how to install the beta update?

Just close the game, download the update from the link above and then run the update.
I think maybe he means renaming the facegen files...

Perhaps we can get 4 people or so together and start taking letters... (e.g A-F, G-M, N-R, S-Z)

I will volunteer to take one section
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #10
thatguychap
Minors (Single A)

Facegen

I think it would be a great idea to post it up to the steam community so they could just subscribe and it will be right in, but for the time being anyone have a link for the new format? And to do the developers is there anyway it could just be automated in without that specific format or is that format the only way you guys could do it?
thatguychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #11
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Lineups still seem a little weird. Came across a few teams and they have some of their best players on the 4th line.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:29 PM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Lineups still seem a little weird. Came across a few teams and they have some of their best players on the 4th line.
Let me know the players, teams, and the tactics the teams are using if you see this, please. Can't fix it if I can't see how it's happening.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:10 PM   #13
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Let me know the players, teams, and the tactics the teams are using if you see this, please. Can't fix it if I can't see how it's happening.
Ok, I'm 20 years into the future in my sandbox save so I'll do a fresh restart with the new update and report back.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote