Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #1
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Thanks: 338
Thanked 371x in 224 posts
OT: Super Bowl 2017

Who does everyone think will win the Super Bowl this year?

I think my Patriots are going to be on an absolute revenge tour and (injuries aside) will be running up the score in every game from week 5 on. They just need to get through the first four games with Jimmy Garappalo at least 2 and 2.
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
icedragon15 (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 05:58 PM   #2
Wingedlion14
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29x in 24 posts
Well here in NY there's true optimism for the first time since the end of the 2012 season. I don't know how much of that is the Ben MacAdoo new coach honeymoon phase, but things finally seem to be looking up in East Rutherford.

I'm always going to answer the Giants whenever I'm asked this question at the beginning of the season. It's the time of the year for that. I'm sure there's fans of 31 teams who believe that they can win it all this year (all except the Browns).

Ignoring the Giants, I think the Texans can really turn some heads this year. Elite defense, actually have a decent QB for the first time ever. And I would really get a kick out of the Broncos winning with Mark Sanchez, since he single-handedly destroyed an Eagles season and because of all his Jets memories. Because if there's one thing that Giants fans and Patriots fans can agree on, it's that we hate the Jets
Wingedlion14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #3
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Thanks: 338
Thanked 371x in 224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingedlion14 View Post
Well here in NY there's true optimism for the first time since the end of the 2012 season. I don't know how much of that is the Ben MacAdoo new coach honeymoon phase, but things finally seem to be looking up in East Rutherford.

I'm always going to answer the Giants whenever I'm asked this question at the beginning of the season. It's the time of the year for that. I'm sure there's fans of 31 teams who believe that they can win it all this year (all except the Browns).

Ignoring the Giants, I think the Texans can really turn some heads this year. Elite defense, actually have a decent QB for the first time ever. And I would really get a kick out of the Broncos winning with Mark Sanchez, since he single-handedly destroyed an Eagles season and because of all his Jets memories. Because if there's one thing that Giants fans and Patriots fans can agree on, it's that we hate the Jets

I'm not as high on the Giants as you are, but I do think they'll have a dynamic offense with a more stable WR corps.

I like the Texans, too, but it will be interesting to see if Brock Osweiler falls apart in his first full season as a starter. I actually like the Jaguars a lot this year. I don't think they have a chance to make it to the Super Bowl, but I think they're playoff bound

Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez will NEVER lead a team to anything other than obscurity.

And yes....the Jets are the absolute worst. We can agree on that.
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:23 AM   #4
SFG
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 50
Thanks: 6
Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Texans are a sleeper. Knew Brock Osweiler back in high school. Kind of blown away that he's made it to where he has. He was the top athlete in the school, and a massive human being, but back then it was for basketball. I was on the football team for a year (moved), but I had no idea he was ever going to be good enough to make it in the NFL, let alone even play football in college. I always viewed football as something he did in the fall to pass the time and stay active until basketball season started.

As for the rest of the AFC, Does Cincinnati finally break through?

NFC is wide open. CAR? AZ? SEA? GB? Is the NFC East going to be any good for a change? NFC South teams all have pretty good QB's.
SFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:49 PM   #5
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Thanks: 338
Thanked 371x in 224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFG View Post
Texans are a sleeper. Knew Brock Osweiler back in high school. Kind of blown away that he's made it to where he has. He was the top athlete in the school, and a massive human being, but back then it was for basketball. I was on the football team for a year (moved), but I had no idea he was ever going to be good enough to make it in the NFL, let alone even play football in college. I always viewed football as something he did in the fall to pass the time and stay active until basketball season started.

As for the rest of the AFC, Does Cincinnati finally break through?

NFC is wide open. CAR? AZ? SEA? GB? Is the NFC East going to be any good for a change? NFC South teams all have pretty good QB's.
I think Cincinnati will always ALWAYS fail in the playoffs. On paper, CAR should be better now that they're adding Kelvim Benjamin again, but I just feel like Cam Newton can't repeat what he did last year. I like Arizona a lot, though I'm not sold on their receivers. I think Seattle will be a brand new team this year and Russel Wilson will become more of a passer, utilizing Jimmy Graham more. Green Bay will be Green Bay.

I like the Pats, then everyone else....
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:01 AM   #6
slippin_jimmy
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 3rd coast
Posts: 5
Thanks: 26
Thanked 1x in 1 post
The usual suspects, SEA and GB, out of the NFC are a safe bet imo.

I'm down on ARI this year, don't see them completely falling apart but I have them out of the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7. David Johnson is a beast, and I love Arians, but I think Palmer regresses big time. Career year in his age 36 season. He was ridiculously efficient while leading the league in aDOT, somethings gotta give. Also, aging stars in Mathis and Fitzgerald. Iupati took a beating last year and is on the declining side of the OG aging curve, it wouldn't surprise me if all three take noticeable steps back. Worries about the 2ndary too.

CAR will have a SB hangover, and ATL/TB will finish 1 and 2 in the south.

I like NYG as a dark horse. On paper, I think they got better on both sides of the ball, I just have no clue if Mcadoo can be the guy.

From the AFC I agree that it's NE out in front, and as unlikely as it is, I'd love to see Jimmy G play well enough to create a QB controversy.

I like the Chiefs a lot if Houston and Jamaal can come back strong.

PIT will be in the mix, and I think BAL has a bounce back year. Idk who's gonna step up on offense, but I just have a feeling they're gonna grind out 10 or 11 ugly wins. Both make the playoffs.

I think Denver's d will be on a mission to prove last season wasn't a fluke, but they'll be forced to start Lynch early and he'll make enough rookie mistakes to keep them out of contention.

Indy is a big question mark for me. I like Luck and think he's got all the potential in the world but the rest of that roster is really lacking aside from a handful of guys. On paper I think they're a 9 win team at best, but we saw Luck drag teams equally bereft of talent to 11 wins 3 years in a row, so I also wouldn't be surprised to see them in the AFCCG.

OAK and JAX are still a year away imo.

And lastly, my beloved Texans: I think there's a wide range of outcomes for the Texans, from 6-10 to 11-5. Too many unknowns and though I love what we did in the draft and FA, it usually takes a while for this many new pieces on offense to gel. I think we're still a year away but the potential is exciting.

SB: Hawks over Pats in a surprise shootout

Last edited by slippin_jimmy; 09-08-2016 at 01:27 AM.
slippin_jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:30 AM   #7
yazfan67
Minors (Triple A)
 
yazfan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orange City, FL
Posts: 233
Thanks: 364
Thanked 83x in 59 posts
Green Bay will lose to New England in the Super Bowl. Thank you and good night.
__________________
When they start the game, they don't yell, "Work ball." They say, "Play ball." ~Willie Stargell, 1981
yazfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Rosco Peabody (09-16-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #8
TheMaus2
All Star Starter
 
TheMaus2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The OOTP Forums. Always.
Posts: 1,737
Blog Entries: 16
Thanks: 603
Thanked 323x in 256 posts
Pats win due to Brady resting the 1st 4 games. Madness ensues.
__________________
maus.exe has shut down
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Rosco Peabody (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 04:50 PM   #9
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Thanks: 338
Thanked 371x in 224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Pats win due to Brady resting the 1st 4 games. Madness ensues.

Love it and I agree. If Jimmy G can somehow go 4-0, we might be looking at a 16-0 season.

I'm most nervous for Miami. I feel like they could really lose this week../
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:11 PM   #10
bradko
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 56
Thanks: 5
Thanked 22x in 13 posts
I think the Jets
bradko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:47 AM   #11
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Thanks: 338
Thanked 371x in 224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradko View Post
I think the Jets

I don't think the Jets could win an intrasquad scrimmage...
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:26 PM   #12
bradko
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 56
Thanks: 5
Thanked 22x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
I don't think the Jets could win an intrasquad scrimmage...


LOL. I. would guarantee it but that was done the last time they won the it all 46 years ago . Yet , hope springs eternal.
bradko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #13
Postman
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 321
Thanks: 35
Thanked 65x in 38 posts
The Broncos will repeat barring being bitten by the injury bug. Trevor is playing pretty well for a first year starter, and the running game is finally working somewhat, but most importantly the defense returns with nine starters.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:04 AM   #14
redfox000
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 64
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 143
Thanked 29x in 20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Pats win due to Brady resting the 1st 4 games. Madness ensues.
He's just a system quarterback. Average at best.





jk
redfox000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #15
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Thanks: 338
Thanked 371x in 224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox000 View Post
He's just a system quarterback. Average at best.





jk

you better be!!
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #16
polydamas
Major Leagues
 
polydamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 484
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132x in 83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradko View Post
LOL. I. would guarantee it but that was done the last time they won the it all 46 years ago . Yet , hope springs eternal.
Well this didn't work out


Don't worry though, I thought my Bears would go 9-7


Injuries man...
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #17
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Thanks: 338
Thanked 371x in 224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Well this didn't work out


Don't worry though, I thought my Bears would go 9-7


Injuries man...

The only thing you can bet on with the Jets is that they'll do something stupid.

Polydamas, who do you think will be the Bears QB next year? Think they'll go after Jimmy Garrapolo or try to sign one of the free agents?
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #18
r0nster
Hall Of Famer
 
r0nster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,754
Thanks: 799
Thanked 712x in 498 posts
New England vs Lydowns (Lions) LOL and the Patroits win 49-0
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Rosco Peabody (12-18-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #19
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve
 
Rosco Peabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South of Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Thanks: 338
Thanked 371x in 224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
New England vs Lydowns (Lions) LOL and the Patroits win 49-0
I approve this message
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #20
polydamas
Major Leagues
 
polydamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 484
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132x in 83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
The only thing you can bet on with the Jets is that they'll do something stupid.

Polydamas, who do you think will be the Bears QB next year? Think they'll go after Jimmy Garrapolo or try to sign one of the free agents?
I think we will cut Cutler and stick with Barkley. I like his midrange passing game. He sails the ball a bit too much for my liking though and his arm obviously isn't all there in the deep game. It's weird, because he throws rockets 15-20 yards out, but any deeper and it's usually underthrown.

We could go after a QB, but I'd rather wait a year or go after some 3-4th rounder.

The biggest change needed is to fire Loggains. We absolutely need to retain Fangio and Jeffry as well. If it will keep him, I'm fine firing Fox for Fangio.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 PM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2020 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments