Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

The League of the Rising Sun (LRS) - a PEBAverse league

The League of the Rising Sun (LRS)
Sister league to the Planetary Extreme Baseball Alliance (PEBA)

HTML Reports
News Archive
Forums
PEBA on IOLD
League Recruiter
BoofBonser26 @ OOTP forums / Alleghenies @ PEBA forums

OOTP Version: 13.10.37
Format: Fictional
League Structure
12 human teams (each with 2 minor league affiliates) plus 2 feeders
Extended universe includes the full PEBA system plus 4 independent AI leagues

First Season: 2007
Current Season: 2018
Days Per Sim: 7
Export Deadlines
Thursday @ 9 a.m. CT / Sunday @ 10 p.m. CT

Special League Features

• Enjoy one of the most creative and prolific group of story writers in the OOTP online world. League members delight in building up a believable fiction around our league. With entertaining new articles being published all the time, you'll never lack for reading material!
  • Weave yourself into the legacy of one OOTP's most famous online leagues. Our passionate members have built an entire world for you to explore and shape. Some tales have grown into full-blow books, like See the PEBA on $25 a Day, written by OOTP community member RonCo. Your exploits may be the next to be immortalized in story!
  • Participate in one of the most active online communities around. At 70,000 posts and growing, you're never going to want for something to talk about. There's always a conversation happening!
  • Become part of a stable, well-established, tight-knit group that you can depend on over the long haul. There's nothing like the security of knowing the league you just joined will be there for you whenever you want.
  • The PEBA and the LRS are beta testing homes of StatsLab, the outstanding OOTP online utility suite created by community member fhomess, who is also a member of our league. PEBA/LRS members have access to new StatsLab features before they're made public!
  • Do you like to trade? You've found your nirvana! A bustling, dynamic trade environment means that if you can't swing a trade here, you can't swing a trade anywhere!
  • Coaching and Scouting are ON. Make personnel decisions that matter and prepare for the "fog of war" when judging prospects! It will be your skill and keen eye for talent that will separate you from the pack.
  • Amateur Draft and Winter Meetings are conducted LIVE via the PEBA chat room. These well-attended events are extraordinary fun and greatly anticipated. They're experiences you don't want to miss!
  • A Contribution Points reward system allows members to customize their teams through writing articles and posting in our forums.
  • Members can impact the course of the league by voting on "floater" proposals during the off-season.
  • The LRS employs unique rules to differentiate itself from traditional MLB-style leagues, including a cap on non-Japanese players (gaijin) permitted on the active roster and a posting system that allows LRS teams to accept cash bids on their players from PEBA teams.
Currently Available Teams:
Lupin Cliff Hangers

The LRS is a 12-team fictional league in its eleventh year of play and eighth year as a human-run league. All franchises with the exception of Seoul are located in Japan. We have been fortunate to attract a quality group of friendly, competitive, active owners. We're always interested in getting to know more like-minded individuals with an interest in joining in our fun and would love to hear from you.

We seek unique individuals who aren't afraid to challenge themselves. Most people come to online leagues looking for the typical North American baseball experience, but it takes a special kind of player to try something different. The LRS brand of baseball is certainly a different baseball environment. Our members have found it to be an extremely rewarding environment, as well. Now you can find out why for yourself!

We also look for the kind of person who views an online league as an opportunity not just to compete but to socialize and share with a group of passionate baseball nuts. If you enjoy being active in forums, you're likely a great fit. The LRS places an emphasis on writing contributions, as well. The amazing stories our creative owners come up with really help bring our fictional players to life! You don't have to be Shakespeare, but if you like exercising your brain as part of your online baseball experience then you've found the right league.

Creating an immersive and highly entertaining fictional baseball environment is the primary goal of the LRS. We welcome any owner who would enjoy contributing to that goal regardless of their experience level. If you're an enthusiastic OOTP newbie or a seasoned vet looking for a friendly new group of people to compete against, the LRS may be the perfect landing spot for you!

Last edited by BoofBonser26; 05-23-2013 at 02:29 PM.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Seoul is on the rise - can you take them over the top?

Many of you are familiar with the PEBA and its Japanese sister league, the LRS. Our leagues are heavily involved in the OOTP affairs and have been featured prominently in OOTP Developments advertisements, community spotlights, and Road to Release articles. As we finally make the transition to OOTP 13, we have an opening that will let a GM hit the ground running.

The Seoul Crushers, the LRS's only foreign-based team, are on the rise. After making the playoffs in 2009, they fell from 84 wins to 44 in just four years. But a series of smart GMs have the team pointed back in the right direction, and in 2017, the Crushers improved their record for the third straight year and finished at .500. As few as five more wins next season will put them in the playoffs.

What are you waiting for? Apply for the PEBA's first OOTP 13 opening today and ensure that the Crushers continue their rise to the top!

And even if you're not ready to become a LRS GM , we want you to become a part of our active community! Register at the PEBA forums and join in our wide-ranging discussions. Baseball is only a small part of what we're talking about, and you're sure to find a topic of interest. Find out what makes the PEBA forums one of the most active amongst OOTP online leagues!

Last edited by BoofBonser26; 02-04-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Great league. The LRS is like no other.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
mavericktango
Major Leagues

If you've got an interest in doing more than just exporting and spending five minutes a day with your team this could be your lucky day!

In the LRS (and it's sister league, the PEBA) the GM's eat, sleep and dream their teams. They're not just a bunch of names & stats, they live, breath and many a story is told about their exploits. The pace is slow but all the more time to get to know your team. The GM's are the most helpful I've ever known in OOTP, they'll be able to give you all sorts of advice BUT be careful! They're also sharp as razors and will clear out your prospects while your back is turned.

If you want more than a passing interest in your team and are prepared to live the dream of every player in the PEBA / LRS universe from their high school or College days right through to that game winning homer in game seven of the Planetary Extreme Championship, this is your chance. Step inside, join the community on our forum and talk about everything from baseball through beer to apples - you might never leave.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
kiersteadmo
Minors (Single A)

This is one of the best leagues out there. I have been with the league many years and it is a tight knit group of guys. Seoul has one of the youngest and brightest pitching staffs in the LRS. It also has one of the better hitters.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

This really is a great league and the PEBA/LRS community is a great one to be a part of. If you're looking for a league that is well run and a group of GM's committed to creating an immersive environment, this league should be at the top of your list.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
Feezite
Bat Boy

I am entering into my ninth season as a member of the LRS and can say without reservation that the PEBAverse is without peer. I've never encountered such a group of creative, competitive and friendly GMs in all of my 40 years of baseball simming dating back to my Strat-O-Matic days.

Hope to see you there!
Feezite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

We're still looking for a GM to take control of the Seoul Crushers. Drop us a line if you're interested in joining, and learn more about what the LRS has to offer. Spring training is just around the corner, so you'll have full control over the team's fate in 2018!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
bdh5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Surprised we still have an opening as these don't come around very often. If anyone is looking for a league with dedicated owners, that will keep you interested and engaged for the long term, this is it. The LRS has a unique set of rules that makes it one of the really stand out OOTP online leagues around. This is a rare opportunity to get a team at the right time of the season (pre-spring training) where you can shape the organization the way you want in advance of the coming season. PM the Board now to take advantage!
bdh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

This is a great chance to join an amazing community - LRS and PEBA! The LRS has it's own unique set of rules that challenge the owners - and they love it! This is an exciting time for the PEBAverse, and this is your chance to be part of it's evolution! Spring Training is just around the corner, don't wait!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
Jax Powers
Minors (Double A)

app sent!
Jax Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
tylertoo
Major Leagues

The LRS enters Spring Training with a sim this coming Sunday. Now's your chance to get in before the 2018 season gets underway.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Bump. Seoul appears to be open still. ST gets underway with this Sunday's sim (not last Sunday as I posted above) so a perfect time to jump in.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertoo View Post
Bump. Seoul appears to be open still. ST gets underway with this Sunday's sim (not last Sunday as I posted above) so a perfect time to jump in.
Seoul is indeed still open. We're looking for a GM who is serious about our universe and willing to commit to his team. Drop us a line and find out what we have to offer, or take a look at our homepage and see the sort of universe we create.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #15
ClutchFrame
Bat Boy

I applied for the league, I hope it isn't too late.
ClutchFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #16
kiersteadmo
Minors (Single A)

Have you heard back yet? As far as I know the team is still open. The season just started and the Seoul Crushers have a great team.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

The 2018 season has begun, and the LRS has a full roster of GMs! If you're still interested in joining our league, fill out an application anyway. You'll get onto our waiting list for a future opening, and you can join our forums and get to know your future co-GMs.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #18
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

The Crushers are in need of guidance - can you help?

Our previous Seoul GM didn't stick around for very long, so the team is open once again. Please use the link in my signature to contact me if you're interested in joining one of the best participation-focused leagues around. If you have any general questions about the league, just shoot me a PM here on the forums.

Our sister league (the PEBA) is also currently in the Grand Championship League finals - come play with the stars!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #19
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

The Cliff Hangers have been at the bottom for a long time - can you help them climb back up?

If you missed out on our previous opening, you're in luck. Due to the vagaries of that distracting realm known as "real life," one of our long-term GMs has to step aside. That means the Lupin Cliff Hangers are in search of a capable replacement. The farm system ranks fourth in the league, and while Lupin hasn't finished above .500 in several years, they've mostly avoided last place.

What will the team do without their outspoken GM? Who will team owner "Cheezits" Walker hire to replace him? The next chapter of Lupin baseball is up to you.

Please use the link in my signature to contact me if you're interested in joining one of the best participation-focused leagues around. If you have any general questions about the league, just shoot me a PM here on the forums.

Our sister league (the PEBA) won the Grand Championship League - come play with the stars!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
kiersteadmo
Minors (Single A)

Hi all,

I am Mark Kierstead and currently the GM of the Kuwana Steel Dragons for the LRS. I wanted to show those who are interested in joining our league what kinda stuff we do to make our PEBAverse so unique. Before I do so I want to say we have two teams open. A highly Playoff ready Seoul Crushers and our Beloved Lupin Cliff Hangers. We had our longtime Owner/GM leave and has always cared 100% about the team.

When I first came to the league I was tasked with showing some writing skills. I soon realized I liked writing so much I changed my major in college to Creative Writing for Entertainment. I know crazy stuff, but it is that much fun. I have created movie posters, sneaker deals as well more original works. But I am just one gm , we have one of the best tight knit group of owners/GMs in OOTP hands down. No joke, We have guys who have been here for years and they grab the bull by the horns and don't let go. Even newer GMs come and can't believe the amount of creativity we create for this league.

So over the years I was owner and GM of a team and I wrote many articles about it. This past week I thought what if I go through and make a magazine of all the volumes my intrepid reporter Tricia Takanawa has written over the years. So I have for you a rough draft of 6 pages of my magazine. It also has red text which means she has added an afterthought to certain trades, writings, and a special section of a deeper look into an owner once lost it all only to regain his humanity to gm another team.

Here is the download link for the 6 pages as it is way to much to put in the forums here. It is a much easier read if you can download it as the colors are messed up do to me on a mac and google docs not liking quality work

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByRi...it?usp=sharing

Thank you

Mark

Last edited by kiersteadmo; 07-06-2013 at 12:25 AM.
kiersteadmo is offline   Reply With Quote