Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Draft Picks Signing Issues

Has anyone else seen this issue yet with v13?

Here is what happened in our league.

We have draft pick trading ON, so we had to turn the new CBA rules OFF.

Here is what I sent to the owners in our league....

Draft Picks Contracts

For whatever reason it looks like our current draft picks were all given major league deals. I've gone through and edited every player back to a minor league deal. It may edit them back when I import your files before the next sim. If this happens I'll edit them again before I upload the new files after tomorrow nights sim. If it forces you to place these guys on the 40 man roster, I guess the only solution is to do so, then waive them and assign them to whichever minor league team you choose.

Waivers

Due to the above, please do not claim ANY first year draftees for the remainder of the year that may end up on waivers. I know I have a guy on their myself 2B Taylor Eilertson.

Other Issues?

The other issue I see right now is the potential ramifications of the CBA. We had to turn it off to allow draft pick trading. If the new CBA rules are allowed then the game does not allow draftees to take major league deals. I can turn this on until we pass the draft pick signing deadline, which is fine with me. The problem then could be, what happens to any draftees who are currently in negotiations who were offered major league deals? I dont have an answer to that, and will try to get one before Tuesday's sim.

In Sum

1. If I miss one of your rookies and did NOT edit them to a minor league deal AFTER the next sim please let me know.
2. Do not claim any draftees who may be on waivers
3. If you must place a signed rookie on the 40 man roster, do so then waive/DFA him to whichever level you want
4. I'll try to get an answer on the OOTP boards before Tuesday.

So to the OOTP community

Do you think there will be any issues with current negotiations being determinant on turning either on or off the new CBA rules?

Is this simply a bug, or is it something we've done wrong in the league setup?

Other than what I outlined in the "In Sum" part, do you think there is any way we can avoid this problem going forward?

Thanks in advance guys !