Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
suzerain
Minors (Single A)

WBH...the best DAMN online league, period!

Want something a bit different in a fictional league? The World Baseball Hierarchy (WBH) is a long-running promotion/relegation league with a unique structure based on the 2006 World Baseball Classic. It's a promotion/relegation structure in a hierarchy; play in one of 7 country leagues, trying to fight your way to the top (winning the USA Championship). Currently, we're in our 21st season, but we're just getting started; we expect to go for many years to come.

Full League Name (Initials): World Baseball Hierarchy (WBH)
Main URL: worldbaseballhierarchy.com
Reports URL: worldbaseballhierarchy.com/lgreports/news/html/
Boards URL: worldbaseballhierarchy.com/forum
Leaderboards URL: worldbaseballhierarchy.com/wbh_tools/leaders
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): suzerain
Email Address: commish@worldbaseballhierarchy.com
OOTP Version: OOTP 12
Game Needed: Required
Players: Fictional
# of Teams: 56
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Sun, Tue, Thu 10 PM EST
League Time Per Sim: 7 days
First Season: 2006
Latest Season: 2026
Special Rules & Settings: Scouting/Coaching Turned off, promotion/relegation structure, some finance tweaks
Currently Available Teams: See below

To join, please go here:

Join URL: worldbaseballhierarchy.com/wbh/join

We do not respond to requests to join posted here on the forum. You need to use the form on our website.

We're looking for owners who can stick around for a while; we pride ourselves on our rich history.

AVAILABLE TEAMS:

Jeonju Jays. An interesting team to pick up: they have had past success, but a long-time GM had to leave, and since then have been floundering. Can you restore the team to its former glory?

Changsha Dragon Riders. This hapless franchise desperately needs an owner who sticks with the team. They've been the whipping boys of the bottom-tier Canada league for a few seasons now.

Toronto Sting. The Sting are an up and down franchise that has hit their low point. They need someone to restore a winning attitude.

Last edited by suzerain; 06-02-2012 at 04:47 AM.
suzerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
suzerain
Minors (Single A)

some good teams open now.

Last edited by suzerain; 01-07-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
coljesep
All Star Reserve

just to be sure, this is an ootp 11 league as it states or an ootp 12 league per the forum you listed?
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
greenrebellion
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coljesep View Post
just to be sure, this is an ootp 11 league as it states or an ootp 12 league per the forum you listed?
They just switched to 12.
greenrebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:32 AM   #5
suzerain
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, sorry about that. I copied and pasted the info from the previous forum and forgot to change the game version. We are using OOTP 12.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
PapaRoux
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is a very fun, unique, and challenging league. The Commissioner and the Board of Directors are hard working and do a great job running this huge league. With so many owners there is always activity in the forums and people ready to talk trades. Give it a try!
PapaRoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

I highly recommend this league. I was in for 15 seasons but couldn't devote the time that I felt I needed to recently.

I've been out for a few months and I already miss the forum chatter, the other GMs and the unique league in general. I think it's safe to say I'll be back pretty soon... and I'm not the only one to leave because of lack of time and come back. I think that speaks volumes about the league.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #8
jedstein
Bat Boy

hey, I would love to join this league. Awesome structure and it sounds like it's pretty active!

I'd like Langunillas, or San Lorenzo if they aren't available. Can't wait to get started!
jedstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

As mentioned above, it is like a drug....you can quit for awhile, but you will come back for more eventually. So come and have a taste, you won't be sorry!

dcc
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwarr18 View Post
I highly recommend this league. I was in for 15 seasons but couldn't devote the time that I felt I needed to recently.

I've been out for a few months and I already miss the forum chatter, the other GMs and the unique league in general. I think it's safe to say I'll be back pretty soon... and I'm not the only one to leave because of lack of time and come back. I think that speaks volumes about the league.
The WBH definitely misses you Bobby.

I am definitely guilty of not giving my Seoul Warlords enough time over the years, but I don't think I could quit over it... Unlike Bobby who you know, wins championships and whatnot, my Seoul club can happily finish in third place whether I'm exporting consistently or not, haha.

This is the longest-running OOTP league I've ever been a part of and it has been through so much and survived that it definitely seems to be here for the long haul.

Overall it's a pretty good and tight league. I've actually met a guy in real life from the league when he was in my city on business, that's how tight-knit the league is. Definitely an interesting experience to talk trade in real life, face-to-face!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
btop
Bat Boy

Fantastic league with an outstanding commish and board who really make things run smoothly!
btop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
Ky55Marine
Minors (Triple A)

Im interested in the Jeonju Jays.
Ky55Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
ty5oke
Bat Boy

Sent in a request on the website. Sounds like a great league and I'm looking for something stable.
ty5oke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
suzerain
Minors (Single A)

Jeonju, San Lorenzo, Lagunillas and Sapporo filled. Valencia opened up.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
ty5oke
Bat Boy

Willing to take Valencia.
ty5oke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
Ky55Marine
Minors (Triple A)

Likewise
Ky55Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Excellent league! At one time I was involved in up to 5 online leagues at one time. But I've paired down to the top two, including the WBH. I've probably been in about 10 different online leagues and this one stands well above most.

With 56 teams, it is very easy to find a trade partner. Most teams are very active. It is typical to get a response within a day on most trade inquiries.

If I have a question, I can post on the forum and often get a couple helpful responses the same day.

The promotion/relegation is a really neat, unique aspect. With four teams in any given division, one team will win and be promoted, one team will lose and be relegated (demoted). Only two teams will tread water, but they are trying either to get to the top or avoid the bottom. So, nearly every team is involved in a race of sorts and has a stake in the standings till the end of every season.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #18
suzerain
Minors (Single A)

Mexico City and Valencia have been filled.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #19
paulpharmd
Bat Boy

Hey, good to see you're still up and running and doing well. I'm the old Monterrey GM from a couple of years ago. Let me know if there are any openings. I'd be interested to get back into the league. I do have OOTP 12 and I'm ready to get back into being a GM.
paulpharmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
blimphead
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Long time no speak to all of the greats in the WBH... Mr. Busan himself, Frank Blanco, here... I would like to humbly request control of the franchise in Colon... I miss the thrill of competition and I know there's no better place to get it than the best damn league PERIOD.
blimphead is offline   Reply With Quote