Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #61
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Free Agency begins tomorrow.

The open clubs are:

Tier 1: Wulfrunian Utd.

Tier 2: Midlands BC and Pier Head 1207

Tier 3: Westminster Athletic
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #62
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Westminster Athletic taken.

Wulfrunian United, Midlands BC, and Pier Head 1207 remain as FA looms in a couple of hours.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #63
Jax Powers
Minors (Double A)

Could I join?

I'll take Midlands, this sounds great.

hit me back on here or via email Jackson.Schilling@gmail.com
Jax Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #64
scotland23
Bat Boy

League Settings?

Hi Commish,

I'm very interested in the league format, and would love to join, but I don't think I have enough time to give a full commitment to the league (at least not at this juncture!). I am, however, interested in trying to set up a custom single player league with similar settings to get a feel for the league. To be sure, some of the key features will be absent, but I'm hoping to create a promotion/relegation style league. Do you think you could help me out with some of the settings to get started? Very much looking forward to getting my all-Scotland league up and running!! Thanks for any help you can provide!
scotland23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #65
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Powers View Post
I'll take Midlands, this sounds great.

hit me back on here or via email Jackson.Schilling@gmail.com
I'll be in touch Jackson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotland23 View Post
Hi Commish,

I'm very interested in the league format, and would love to join, but I don't think I have enough time to give a full commitment to the league (at least not at this juncture!). I am, however, interested in trying to set up a custom single player league with similar settings to get a feel for the league. To be sure, some of the key features will be absent, but I'm hoping to create a promotion/relegation style league. Do you think you could help me out with some of the settings to get started? Very much looking forward to getting my all-Scotland league up and running!! Thanks for any help you can provide!
I'm not sure this will fully work in a solo capacity without a lot of hard calculations after each simulation. Our statslab figures the points and run differentials.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #66
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Heading into the new season very soon, we have the following clubs available:

Pier Head 1207
Westminster Athletic
Midlands BC
Wulfrunian United

Remember, that our next season will see us add cpu controlled leagues from Eastern, Western, and Southern Europe. Top four clubs from each of those leagues will face off with our top four clubs in the first ever European Cup competition, our version of the Champions League.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #67
Red Bird
Bat Boy

This league has a really unique format that allows you to follow your team, series by series. There a points on the line with each 3 game match so every game matters if you want to climb the ladder from a Tier 3 also ran to the top of the mountian. It can be done! A great league for those who like to write about and "get to know" their players.
Red Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #68
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotland23 View Post
Hi Commish,

I have a world template that you could use. Once created, you'd just edit the country of the league and the clubs and you'd be set to go.

As for keeping up with a points system, you'd have to do that manually as I've been fortunate enough to have the statslab creator write a table script for me, but that only works with a statslab install.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #69
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

We are entering our 4th season (opening day is Friday) with the debut of our new website. Some things still arent operational, but for the most part, the core aspects are complete.

We have 3 clubs vacant if anyone is interested.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #70
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Pier Head/Westminster remain.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #71
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

This league is a blast, and it has a very dedicated Commish in Cooley, not to mention an awesome new website.

A truly unique set-up for an online league. Check us out, you won't be disappointed.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #72
BJohnTaylor
Bat Boy

Are teams still open? I'm interested in Pier Head. I'm an experienced offline manager but this would be my first online league in OOTP. I have been a devoted player in leagues for other online games such as Football Manager and Yahoo! Fantasy Sports. I love the game and this idea seems great to me as a big soccer fan. I can be reached at my OOTP username "@yahoo.com".

Last edited by BJohnTaylor; 01-16-2012 at 07:58 PM.
BJohnTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #73
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJohnTaylor View Post
Are teams still open? I'm interested in Pier Head. I'm an experienced offline manager but this would be my first online league in OOTP. I have been a devoted player in leagues for other online games such as Football Manager and Yahoo! Fantasy Sports. I love the game and this idea seems great to me as a big soccer fan. I can be reached at my OOTP username "@yahoo.com".
If you'll fill out the application (linked on the top navigation of the site), I'll get you set up in advance of Wednesday's sim.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #74
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Westminster Athletic is the sole remaining vacant club.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #75
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

1/4 of the way through the season, we have a couple clubs looking for a solid GM addition to our league.

Please fill out the app on the new and improved BBS website if you have interest in joining our unique league.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #76
JWay
Hall Of Famer

good lord, that site is fantastic.
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #77
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay View Post
good lord, that site is fantastic.

Thanks a lot! The best part is that its self supporting in that all the news either comes from the forums, statslab widgets, or Twitter. Thanks go out to fhomess for writing a special tables (standings) report for us that follows our point system automatically.

I still have some cup pages and some tweaks to the club history pages (trophy cases to add), but I'm pleased with how its turned out thusfar.

EDIT: I still have to add the Full Statzone reports linked in the League Leaders header graphic that will show all stats for each league above and beyond what's on the front page.

Appreciate the kudos.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 01-26-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #78
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Yeah its fantastic. I've been pouring over it for an hour or so.
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #79
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay View Post
Yeah its fantastic. I've been pouring over it for an hour or so.
Glad you're enjoying all the uniforms/history/cup stuff.

Makes it worth the effort.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #80
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

It is a great site and a very well run league. Cooley puts in lots of time and effort.

Come join us and see if you can work your way up the ladder.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote