Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:50 PM   #41
rink23
Hall Of Famer

I am making a housing move in the next few weeks and a found a pair of boxes containing Pursue the Pennant from the 1982 and 1983 seasons.
If I remember right, the game was played with three eight-sided dice to help give you the outcome.
Within the 1982 box, was a scorebook and a large binder.
It appears I had drafted my own league and playing some kind of version of the St. Louis Cardinals.
Not sure if to keep it or toss it, since it isn't in that good of shape.
rink23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #42
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23 View Post
I am making a housing move in the next few weeks and a found a pair of boxes containing Pursue the Pennant from the 1982 and 1983 seasons.
If I remember right, the game was played with three eight-sided dice to help give you the outcome.
Within the 1982 box, was a scorebook and a large binder.
It appears I had drafted my own league and playing some kind of version of the St. Louis Cardinals.
Not sure if to keep it or toss it, since it isn't in that good of shape.
I tossed it out a few years ago ... It was quite an accomplishment to get them to send it to Germany (I sent dollar bills to pay for it), and I played out the 1984 season, every single game.

I made it through late August, it took me several years but at some point I didn't play anymore

But it was tremendous fun to play it, it definitely was worth every single cent
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:28 PM   #43
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I tossed it out a few years ago ... It was quite an accomplishment to get them to send it to Germany (I sent dollar bills to pay for it), and I played out the 1984 season, every single game.

I made it through late August, it took me several years but at some point I didn't play anymore

But it was tremendous fun to play it, it definitely was worth every single cent
Oh my gosh, you and rink23 are both much stronger than me if you can even consider throwing out an old tabletop sports game. I never play them anymore, but I have boxes and boxes of old Strat-O-Matic cards, Replay Baseball cards, and assorted other tabletop sports goodies (Replay Basketball, Second Season football, Sherco Baseball, Extra Innings baseball (my first love), Data Boxing, Hockey Blast, and I'm sure several things I'm not even thinking about right now.) I'm not generally a hoarder but I can never imagine getting rid of any of this. (Including old issues of Tabletop Sports, Strat-O-Matic Review, Strat Fan magazine, etc.) These will be with me until I die!
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote