Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #21
Gary Gorski
Developer of Total Pro Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Hey, Gary

When can we look forward to an announcement for PF 19... And where would be a good place to look out for it?
It will be done in our blog on our site - if you have facebook or twitter definitely follow us there and you'll see the announcement when ready. It will also be linked to from our forums - it won't be hard to find
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: Pro Football
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: College Football
Wolverine Studios
http://www.wolverinestudios.com
http://www.facebook.com/wolverinestudios
http://www.twitter.com/wolverinestudio
Old 10-05-2018, 04:16 AM   #22
Templer
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Draft Day Sports: Pro/College Football undeniably focuses on multiplayer.
And so you can find fun in a well-run online league. In single player mode, DDS: xx football is a waste of time, motivation dissolves quickly here.

The FOF 9 release is not expected in the coming months. Anyone looking for an interesting, deep and challenging sport management simulation, away from Baseball/Basketball, should seriously consider whether he should give Franchise Hockey Manager 5 a chance.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #23
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not going to say that DDS: PF/CF undeniably focuses on multiplayer because I don't know what the developers truly focus on when making the game. I will say that I've played a lot of the games from Wolverine Studios - multiple college basketball and pro basketball sims as well as college football and their new pro golf game - and they all definitely shine greatest when played in a multiplayer league.

As Gary spoke on above, historical play is a new addition on most of the games. If you are looking to play strictly historical play or highly customized league structure, these games may not scratch that itch completely for you.

For me, I still enjoy single player leagues in these sim engines. I played a lot of them for Pro Basketball 3 when I was first getting into sim games. Since then, I've focused mostly on multiplayer leagues but I still dabble in single player franchises as well. I just recently picked up their DDS:Pro Golf title and am loving it so far and that game is strictly single player.

In any sim game there are going to be aspects that you like and that you don't like. I find with Wolverine Studios there are more things I do like than things I don't and is a product I've been loyal to for years now.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:06 AM   #24
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

I had bought the first version that wa s called pro football simulator and just purchased draft day pro football 2018. I like to run fictional leagues and I am finding this a really good product for that.

The main things I like are 1. easy to edit and customize. 2. 2d on field play- makes watching or playing out games more enjoyable to tell the progress. 3. non complicated ui, I like that most things can be found relatively easily.

My complaints are 1. unless I'm missing something I have not been able to run my offense the way I want to because i try to set a conservative run oriented offense, and still the AI is running it as balanced. FOF did this better as the AI would run the offense the way I set it up. Still possible I am missing a setting as it is early going for me. 2. Quite a few menu's have their own save button and if you are not paying attention may not have actually saved your setting.

All in all I enjoy running my fictional league, and like that the menus are attractive.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:58 AM   #25
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

After playing the game more I really do enjoy it. It would be neat in the future if there was a face gen type of thing going on.

Axis football is suppose to receive an update that will fix the passing/rushing issues. (it is in beta now). Chance that axis may be a good graphical game of football.

Pro strategy football plays nice while also providing a graphical version of football. It is lacking on the career play of side as well as easy customization.

I feel like there are finally options for football games.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #26
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightdreamer2k View Post
After playing the game more I really do enjoy it. It would be neat in the future if there was a face gen type of thing going on.
Their basketball game has Facegen generated faces, so I don't see why that can't be used in their football game as well. However, I've asked and they said at this point they aren't sure if that feature will make it into DDSPF19 which is now out in FirstAccess/Beta.

The basketball Facegens actually look pretty good too, with hair, which makes me optimistic something similar can eventually be put into FOF9. Although I could be wrong but I believe DDS basketball game doesn't have Facegen like OOTP where faces are dynamically created, I believe it's just a preset number of already created faces used for fictional players, which perhaps lets them better control how the hair looks on their models.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:12 AM   #27
sflcat61
Minors (Double A)

This game does some things very, very well and I love the flexibility you have in creating your very own football universe, but if you actually watch the games rather than fast sim, the football experience is totally spoiled. Late 2nd quarter and late 4th quarter game logic has been broken since the sim's PFS days. It was a game-breaker for me then and I don't see that much if any progress has been made in that department in the demo I downloaded from Wolverine. If they ever fix that, I'll add it to the rotation.

Last edited by sflcat61; 06-24-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #28
Gary Gorski

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflcat61 View Post
This game does some things very, very well and I love the flexibility you have in creating your very own football universe, but if you actually watch the games rather than fast sim, the football experience is totally spoiled. Late 2nd quarter and late 4th quarter game logic has been broken since the sim's PFS days. It was a game-killer for me then. I don't see that much if any progress has been made in that department in the demo I downloaded from Wolverine. If they ever fix that, I'll add it to the rotation.
I know for a fact on our internal slack channel I saw the following post

"Gonna look at end game clock management"

So I can say that it is being looked at in development of PF20 and for the previous posters the faces will be in PF20 as well in addition to some other cool things I'm not ready to let out of the bag yet but definitely follow along with us on our social accounts so that you see what we're up to and I think it will be worth your time to give the PF20 demo a go at the very least.
Wolverine Studios
Old 06-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #29
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

To be honest, there is a lot of good and interesting stuff and a lot of bad. Frankly, I think the developers are very lazy. There are a lot of things wrong in the game, and they have not done anything about them.

However, the idea as a whole is pretty nice. You can literally make your own playbooks, which is a lot of work but something I really love. I'm just starting in a multiplayer league now, and the season will start soon, so I'll be able to test out a lot of different things against real players and against teams with a much better talent level than playing solo. I can't remember the last season I had where I won less than 14 games or didn't make it to the finals. So either my ideas are groundbreaking, or I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board and try again

I think, overall, it's worth buying but KNOW there are problems you'll have to deal with on occasion. Lot of cool ideas in the game, but a lot of things need work. They really need to learn from Jim... he has always been great at being involved with the people who play the game... talking with them, making adjustments to the game, and generally being easily reachable.

I also don't think it's a challenger to FOF at this time. FOF is far more polished and complete game, although the bells and whistles are clearly far above FOF
Old 06-28-2019, 02:52 PM   #30
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Hey Zoot. New Owners do come in and succeed right away, so looking forward to how your system translates.

As far as the developers being involved with the people that play the game, you may not know, but one of them is in the league with you and post/replies to comments all the time. I'd definitely chime in with feedback on the forums and in the slack. Adding only to show that I think they do put an effort in to keeping up with what players are experiencing.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:57 PM   #31
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

In the latest version of DDS Pro Football, can you call plays? I have a demo of DDS Pro Football 2016, and if I remember correctly you couldn't call plays in that version.

How well does the latest version play in single-player mode? I have no interest in multiplayer.

I see there is a demo of DDSPF 2019, but you have to give your email address to get the demo. I don't think I want even more junk email than I already get.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 06-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #32
AlexB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
In the latest version of DDS Pro Football, can you call plays? I have a demo of DDS Pro Football 2016, and if I remember correctly you couldn't call plays in that version.

How well does the latest version play in single-player mode? I have no interest in multiplayer.

I see there is a demo of DDSPF 2019, but you have to give your email address to get the demo. I don't think I want even more junk email than I already get.
Badly. Hopefully 2019 will be better
Old 07-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #33
Gary Gorski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post

Well since we are on the verge of DDSPF20 let me tell you PF20 you can not only call your own plays but you will be able to design your own plays as well!

BTW you're not going to get a bunch of junk email if you sign up for a demo. We absolutely do not give or sell the email address to anyone and if you don't want to hear from us there's an easy unsubscribe option. We will email you now and then otherwise but its not like some of these stores where they are sending you emails like every day or something.
Wolverine Studios
Old 07-14-2019, 10:41 PM   #34
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

will there ever be a Mac version?
Old 07-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #35
Game On
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cool If not on mac then doa...

I would hope so. Several windows based versions already.
If no mac version, then for me it's DOA.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #36
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Any thoughts on the newer version that just came out?
Old 08-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #37
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Demo is out, you should check it out. I think it's a pretty big jump from the previous version.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #38
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore121 View Post
Demo is out, you should check it out. I think it's a pretty big jump from the previous version.

Agreed. I bought v19 but never really played it much as I just couldn't get immersed. V20 has added some things (most notably player faces) that really help with that.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:08 PM   #39
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore121 View Post
Im currently on MAC, dont want to deal with the loop holes unless its worth checking out.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:02 AM   #40
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Any thoughts on the newer version that just came out?
I know we can get the demo, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thought on the new version vs. current FOF? I like to get other's perspective in addition to my own (as I often miss things in my own assessment).

Thanks!