Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #41
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

I played 162 games using 1-pitch mode with the 2016 Cubs and went 106-56 and had the best starting pitching in the league.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #42
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I still think the point isn't getting across. Yes. I use pitch around "when the situation calls for it". However, my struggles are in the 1st inning almost every time.Maybe twice it happened in later innings. I mean it's like 4 batters in and I'm down by 3. There's no room for pitching around when teams regularly go back-to-back-to-back in the first inning.
You have to pitch to someone eventually.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #43
Mat
All Star Reserve

So now its an issue with the 1st innings?
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #44
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
So now its an issue with the 1st innings?

Seconded. How did this go from “playing out games” to “my hitting is good but my pitching sucks” to “I’m behind before people have even gotten their first beers”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #45
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, this is not the first mention by the OP of the first inning issues and that his team seems to be playing from behind (largely due to first inning long ball problems) from very early in most every game.

I have no idea what is happening here and I certainly don't think that it is a reflection of any issue with the game engine but I do have great sympathy for what the OP is going through and I see no reason to question his veracity or his intentions. (Or even his management skills, for that matter.) (Sorry for the repeated use of he- clearly making an assumption about gender here but haven't been corrected yet, so likely a correct assumption.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:14 AM   #46
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
To be fair, this is not the first mention by the OP of the first inning issues and that his team seems to be playing from behind (largely due to first inning long ball problems) from very early in most every game.

I have no idea what is happening here and I certainly don't think that it is a reflection of any issue with the game engine but I do have great sympathy for what the OP is going through and I see no reason to question his veracity or his intentions. (Or even his management skills, for that matter.) (Sorry for the repeated use of he- clearly making an assumption about gender here but haven't been corrected yet, so likely a correct assumption.)
Good job there, Bird, putting all the pieces together, at least the best available to us.

If the issue is deemed worthy by the OP or by those of us lending an ear, we're going to need more and detailed information, if not a dissection of game logs and keyboard practices. That's to say we won't be getting to the bottom of this any time soon is my guess. If we do get more details and determine what questions are the better ones to gather that, we still need to acknowledge- or better yet the OP does -that this is a relatively isolated report. Thus, probably not the engine, eh? So....what's up OP? how deeply do you want to dive into this? There's a good many parts to collect.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #47
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
The last game I know for a fact is the most recent. However, I got so pissed after giving up the HRS in the first inning I auto-simmed the rest of the game so I only played 5 or 6 batters. I'll post this game in here. I am not going to post 45 box scores. Ive already put ridiculous amounts of work trying to figure this issue out. I'm not about to spend 5 hours meticulously going through my box scores to prove it to people online. Believe me or not. Your choice. I don't blame you for being skeptical, but trust me it's frustrating as all hell losing constantly through no fault in my own.

Aside from that I wasn't recording dates. I was only counting games. If the devs request the box scores in my ticket I will eventually get them and I'll keep them in a folder and post them here. Until then this will have to do:

This is basically a carbon copy of my first inning in every play game. This is actually one of the BEST first innings I've had in a while. ONLY 2 HRs lol
Sorry, I'm just getting caught up as I haven't been online since I asked for box scores and play-by-play. I certainly understand that you don't want to take the time to post the box and play-by-play for every game you lost. That would be ludicrous. But based on this one screenshot and the subsequent posts since then, I'll say this ...

1. This one inning isn't as bad as what you're saying happens every time. Yes, a pair of solo home runs is unfortunate, but you're not out of the game after one inning.

2. It happened with a pitcher who gives up a decent amount of home runs (25 per season over the past six years) against a lineup that hits a lot of home runs.

3. You admit you simmed the remainder of the game, so this example doesn't even fit your narrative of "I've lost 25 straight games I've played out."

4. You've changed your story in the past three days from "something's wrong with the game when I play out a game" to "something's wrong with pitching when I play out a game" to "something's wrong with pitching when I play out the first inning."

So, I'm sorry, but yes, I'm skeptical of your claims.

EDIT TO ADD: Legitimate question - Are you simming a lot of these games once you fall behind? If you are, then perhaps there is an issue when a user starts a game and plays some of it, then sims the rest. Now, obviously the results are going to skew toward a bad record because you'd be behind every time when you hit the sim button, but still, I'd think chances are the team would rally to win a couple of times.

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 05-12-2019 at 07:26 AM.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #48
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Sorry, I'm just getting caught up as I haven't been online since I asked for box scores and play-by-play. I certainly understand that you don't want to take the time to post the box and play-by-play for every game you lost. That would be ludicrous. But based on this one screenshot and the subsequent posts since then, I'll say this ...

1. This one inning isn't as bad as what you're saying happens every time. Yes, a pair of solo home runs is unfortunate, but you're not out of the game after one inning.

2. It happened with a pitcher who gives up a decent amount of home runs (25 per season over the past six years) against a lineup that hits a lot of home runs.

3. You admit you simmed the remainder of the game, so this example doesn't even fit your narrative of "I've lost 25 straight games I've played out."

4. You've changed your story in the past three days from "something's wrong with the game when I play out a game" to "something's wrong with pitching when I play out a game" to "something's wrong with pitching when I play out the first inning."

So, I'm sorry, but yes, I'm skeptical of your claims.

EDIT TO ADD: Legitimate question - Are you simming a lot of these games once you fall behind? If you are, then perhaps there is an issue when a user starts a game and plays some of it, then sims the rest. Now, obviously the results are going to skew toward a bad record because you'd be behind every time when you hit the sim button, but still, I'd think chances are the team would rally to win a couple of times.
Yes I'm simming once i get behind 5 or 6 runs usually. The problem is when Im playing. As soon as I sim out the game my pitchers actually pitch. When Im playing its batting practice even with Scherzer Strasburg and Corbin.

Please don't quote someone if you're not actually quoting them. I never said i "played OUT". I said if I play AT ALL. That includes games that i started to play and simmed because there was no chance to come back.

As soon as the sim starts the team plays like they should. In other words the game can't know Im not going to play through when it starts behaving this way. Im pretty sure darn near every HR my starters have given up was when I was playing in innings 1-3.

To the other poster, yes I am a he.

Also, of course the story is narrowing down to the problem. I posted to figure out the problem. Through the posts here I am learning the specifics of the issue as well. As my frustration mounts I play less of the games as soon as I see the same thing happening again being down anywhere from 2-0 to 7-0 in the first inning. Its helping me learn that as soon as I sim "out" the game my team plays like it wants to win regardless of situation or inning.
When I first posted I did play most, if not all, of the aforementioned games.

Thank you to everyone helping and giving their 2 cents. Its making my ticket easier to report to the devs.

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-12-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #49
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Just be aware if you file a ticket that Markus and/or Matt are going to want you to zip your league file and send it to them using the ftp page so they can see if they can replicate the problem. I hope they can let you and us know what they find
DCG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #50
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
Just be aware if you file a ticket that Markus and/or Matt are going to want you to zip your league file and send it to them using the ftp page so they can see if they can replicate the problem. I hope they can let you and us know what they find
If it gets resolved or solved I will certainly keep updating
Old 05-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #51
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes I'm simming once i get behind 5 or 6 runs usually. The problem is when Im playing. As soon as I sim out the game my pitchers actually pitch. When Im playing its batting practice even with Scherzer Strasburg and Corbin.

Please don't quote someone if you're not actually quoting them. I never said i "played OUT". I said if I play AT ALL. That includes games that i started to play and simmed because there was no chance to come back.

As soon as the sim starts the team plays like they should. In other words the game can't know Im not going to play through when it starts behaving this way. Im pretty sure darn near every HR my starters have given up was when I was playing in innings 1-3.

To the other poster, yes I am a he.

Also, of course the story is narrowing down to the problem. I posted to figure out the problem. Through the posts here I am learning the specifics of the issue as well. As my frustration mounts I play less of the games as soon as I see the same thing happening again being down anywhere from 2-0 to 7-0 in the first inning. Its helping me learn that as soon as I sim "out" the game my team plays like it wants to win regardless of situation or inning.
When I first posted I did play most, if not all, of the aforementioned games.

Thank you to everyone helping and giving their 2 cents. Its making my ticket easier to report to the devs.
This response infuriated me so much that I decided I had to jump on my computer to make it easier to respond, in detail.

I'm going to quote your original post...

I'm in late august, some 125 games into the season on my Nats team who is 86-39, and I have yet to win a single game that I "played". I probably have 25 of those 39 losses. No joke I have not won a SINGLE game that I have taken the reins. Is something wrong?

I played the games all the time in ootp19 and got a realistic experience for the most part. Now literally no matter what I do if I try to play a game it's a loss, automatically. Is my game bugged?

I specifically bought 20 because they said they improved the 3d animations, and I basically have to completely ignore the "play game" feature because it's always a loss and I don't want to put my team into that much of a hole.

Anyone else have any other similar experience? My team is fine, obviously based on the record, when I auto-sim, but as soon as I play it's game over before it starts. They're usually out to a 5-7 run lead before the 3rd inning every time. I'm frustrated.

I don't want to abandon what I consider a critical part of the game because of this nonsense.

See the italicized portion. Do not try to tell us that you've been saying something different the whole time. It clearly states that you have not "won a single game" that you have "taken the reins of". For a reasonable person, that would indicate that you are playing the games out in their entirety. Now (and I've said it, just as others have), your story has changed again. This is like throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded. Again, I'm someone who plays out EVERY SINGLE GAME. And I mean it. Every single game for my team, I play start-to-finish, in one-pitch mode. (Please don't tell me that you play in pitch-by-pitch mode, because that'll make me play a few games out that way, just to prove my point). I just started a new standard MLB file. I am currently 8-2 (and small sample size, but speaking of trends, I have literally won three, lost one, won three, lost one, won two...) Should I be saying that something's wrong because I haven't won four in a row? (Granted, I haven't played the 11th game just yet).

Bottom line: Don't accuse anyone of making things up or misguided assumptions when we are only going off of what YOU tell us.

And I want to reiterate for anyone who wants to slam me for my "tone" of this post. The OP set himself up for this with post #47.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #52
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:

Anyone else have any other similar experience? .
I think after three pages of discussion we can safely say the answer is "no".
Too me that confirms it is simply a bad roll of the dice. Feel free to send in your support ticket but I'm just not sure what they will be able to see or do?

Is your install corrupt and a line of code is different than everybody else? Seems to me in that case the game would not load? Also that corrupt code base only affects human pitchers letting them get hammered in games being played out?

I have to believe we're all playing with the same coded engine and yet no others are chiming in seeing what you are seeing. That or they take their extremely bad streak (dice rolls) in stride, same as I took my 44 game winning streak (dice rolls) in stride and are moving on.

What if the situation was reversed and your team was starting these games with homers in the first inning and getting off to 3 or 5 run leads?
Would you have posted thinking there was something wrong with the game? Or.... would you have thought "wow, we're on a great roll this is awesome"?

I do think you are frustrated with losing, we've all been there but... you want to find a reason and, in your mind, it just can't be random chance.
Maybe I'm wrong but it is my 2 cents
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:21 PM   #53
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I think after three pages of discussion we can safely say the answer is "no".
Too me that confirms it is simply a bad roll of the dice. Feel free to send in your support ticket but I'm just not sure what they will be able to see or do?

Is your install corrupt and a line of code is different than everybody else? Seems to me in that case the game would not load? Also that corrupt code base only affects human pitchers letting them get hammered in games being played out?

I have to believe we're all playing with the same coded engine and yet no others are chiming in seeing what you are seeing. That or they take their extremely bad streak (dice rolls) in stride, same as I took my 44 game winning streak (dice rolls) in stride and are moving on.

What if the situation was reversed and your team was starting these games with homers in the first inning and getting off to 3 or 5 run leads?
Would you have posted thinking there was something wrong with the game? Or.... would you have thought "wow, we're on a great roll this is awesome"?

I do think you are frustrated with losing, we've all been there but... you want to find a reason and, in your mind, it just can't be random chance.
Maybe I'm wrong but it is my 2 cents

Fair enough. I'm honestly not sure what I would do if the situation was reversed. I want to think I would seek a reason, but you may be right it would be difficult to see much wrong if it was going my way. I doubt much will be found in the ticket, however, I felt it was enough of an aberration that it should at least be brought up to them. Who knows, maybe there's people out there experiencing this but assume it's just them, or that everything is fine, and it will eventually help them.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #54
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
This response infuriated me so much that I decided I had to jump on my computer to make it easier to respond, in detail.

I'm going to quote your original post...

I'm in late august, some 125 games into the season on my Nats team who is 86-39, and I have yet to win a single game that I "played". I probably have 25 of those 39 losses. No joke I have not won a SINGLE game that I have taken the reins. Is something wrong?

I played the games all the time in ootp19 and got a realistic experience for the most part. Now literally no matter what I do if I try to play a game it's a loss, automatically. Is my game bugged?

I specifically bought 20 because they said they improved the 3d animations, and I basically have to completely ignore the "play game" feature because it's always a loss and I don't want to put my team into that much of a hole.

Anyone else have any other similar experience? My team is fine, obviously based on the record, when I auto-sim, but as soon as I play it's game over before it starts. They're usually out to a 5-7 run lead before the 3rd inning every time. I'm frustrated.

I don't want to abandon what I consider a critical part of the game because of this nonsense.

See the italicized portion. Do not try to tell us that you've been saying something different the whole time. It clearly states that you have not "won a single game" that you have "taken the reins of". For a reasonable person, that would indicate that you are playing the games out in their entirety. Now (and I've said it, just as others have), your story has changed again. This is like throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded. Again, I'm someone who plays out EVERY SINGLE GAME. And I mean it. Every single game for my team, I play start-to-finish, in one-pitch mode. (Please don't tell me that you play in pitch-by-pitch mode, because that'll make me play a few games out that way, just to prove my point). I just started a new standard MLB file. I am currently 8-2 (and small sample size, but speaking of trends, I have literally won three, lost one, won three, lost one, won two...) Should I be saying that something's wrong because I haven't won four in a row? (Granted, I haven't played the 11th game just yet).

Bottom line: Don't accuse anyone of making things up or misguided assumptions when we are only going off of what YOU tell us.

And I want to reiterate for anyone who wants to slam me for my "tone" of this post. The OP set himself up for this with post #47.

I'm sorry a post of mine made you feel upset or angry. With that said...

Nowhere in the bolded and italics does it say "played games all the way through" or "completed games in play game". Your understanding of what's originally typed (and re-stated in your copy/paste [thanks, by the way]) requires the addition of words to the original sentences typically called "assumptions". This is text, not speech. Never make assumptions from text without first knowing the author and their typical tone, and even then it's very difficult to do.

Usually respectable people ask questions about what the author meant before summarily assuming it fits their understanding of the posted/written text. If the modifier or adjective for what you believe someone is saying is not in the text upon reading then most likely your belief/understanding of the text is incorrect, or at the very least mislead, until confirmed or edited by the author.

I'm truly sorry you misunderstood my post (no sarcasm here. I'm quite serious), that it doesn't follow precisely how your brain processes English, and that it gets you so worked up (because there's no need to risk anyone's health over a silly baseball message board), but please don't get nasty with me because you can't understand what's written.

If you ask for clarification I'll be more than happy to provide it if you felt my post was too complicated or hard to understand. I would be more than happy to oblige as I have to several others in the thread who asked for more information or clarification.

Besides, even if I was lying and making all this up what would you get out of "catching me in a lie" anyways? (This is not an admission of lying, it is merely me trying to understand why people can't just take someone at their word until proven otherwise instead of trying to pick things apart from the get-go).

If you don't like the way I'm expressing my issue or it's too hard to understand there is no requirement for you to post in here. I won't be offended, and I'm not offended now, that you can't understand. It happens all the time in life. I'm simply posting here seeking solutions and ideas which have been thoughtfully and helpfully provided until your recent post. I've done my best to provide all information I can to get a resolution to the issue. I'm here for answers and helpful suggestions. If you think I'm lying or you just don't like my screen name or something, I will reiterate, you are not required to post in here.

And as someone else said in a recent question, yes, I think it's safe to say that no one has answers as to the reason for my "issue". It will either get resolved or it won't. *shrug*

I would, however, just like to say how appreciative I am for everyone who posted ideas, suggestions, and even dissenting opinions/discussion in this thread. It's been informative and I'm truly thankful. Hopefully I can pay it forward whenever someone else has an issue I can help with.

I invite further comment or suggestion, but I'm fairly certain it's either an issue I must resolve on my own by possibly starting a new franchise, or it may eventually even itself out over a greater sample size.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #55
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Well I'll just say you are extremely patient and well mannered, in the face of quite a barrage from some. Your issue certainly has lit a fire here
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:37 PM   #56
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hibbs View Post
Well I'll just say you are extremely patient and well mannered, in the face of quite a barrage from some. Your issue certainly has lit a fire here
Obviously i would rather not have had the issue to begin with, but what are ya gonna do? *shrug* At least I got the opportunity to converse with all of you
Old 05-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #57
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, you said "played." That's still the same thing. You didn't say "played a few innings and then simmed. Everyone here has been assuming you were playing the entire game.

Good luck with your issue.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:20 PM   #58
endgame
Hall Of Famer

And the next bus leaves in 20 minutes....
Old 05-12-2019, 09:25 PM   #59
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Nevermind

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 05-12-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:50 PM   #60
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'm not in the mood to read this entire thread, so apologies if this has been asked and answered. Has the OP created a new league to see if the problem still exists? What about trying it with one of the quickstarts? Or v19, if still installed? And what about playing out some games, at bat by at bat, until the end -- no simming at all, not even for a half inning?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote