Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Minor league bugs

The game still only dresses one goalie, and wont let you manually dress 20 players. Even if you are under the 20 dressed limit, it still tells you that you cant dress anyone else.
IamJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

This is in the custom league, with fantasy players and teams.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:03 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Is this still happening with the newest update? I tried the file you uploaded in December with it, and Kilhberg, the goalie on Trenton that wasn't in the lineup in the save, gets added to the lineup in their next game and splits starts with Kuca, the other goalie, after that. And I can, acting as Philadelphia, dress players on Trenton up to the roster limit.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

yes, I tried with my farm club. Gwinnett and it wouldn't allow me to dress players. Also now, Quebec has no team owner, hires a new GM every sim despite having a human GM/Coach, and Memphis does the same thing with hiring a new GM. Also, when adding a new GM, other GMs get scrambled. I'll PM you a link to the league file
Old 02-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #5
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Also, compounding this baffling issue now. When I go to manually remove the human managers, and then add them again. As I hit ok, the game crashes. So not only am I stuck with having to manually edit GM's off of these teams every single sim, I can't even manually take them off as managers and add them back without the game crashing. These CPU GM's are trading players and the Human owners can't even do anything about it. This is ridiculous.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:03 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

I've been looking at your save. Something seems to be broken with the Memphis and Quebec staff status; the game thinks the job is still open - they're still shown as options when you add a new human GM to the game. When and how were the current human GM's first added to Memphis and Quebec? I don't see the news announcement that would normally be generated when a human GM takes over a team. I'll see if it's possible for us to fix that status in the save, but it may help to know how exactly it happened.

I'm not seeing any problems with the minor league teams in the save, though. As Atlanta, I can dress and scratch players on Gwinnett. And if I advance the game to the start of the season, all the minor league teams use two goalies and full lineups.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #7
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

It was a couple sims back. I added them before our draft. The draft went fine. Simmed to July 1st. Adjusted the league rules and alignment. Then I decided to remove owners th by at were named Available Team, so the CPU could run them. That's when the game moved some of my GMs around and I had to put Memphis and Quebec back in. Since then, every day simmed the game adds a new GM to those teams. Also, the first time I noticed the double GM, there was also 2 owners on quebec. I manually moved the duplicate to free agent and it took off the non duplicate as well.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #8
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Looks like Paris is having the same problem
Old 02-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #9
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Literally can do nothing on my end to fix the Quebec and Memphis issues, Paris now is having this same issue. Is there nothing that can be done? I'd really hate to start back over
Old 02-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

We're looking at it. Nothing to report yet.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, try this save:

http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/hoc...on2_fixed2.zip

That should fix the GM job status for Quebec, Memphis, and Paris, and the missing Quebec owner. It seems to work OK here, but before continuing with this version, it'd probably be best to do a test version of the league first and try adding/removing GM's and advancing a few weeks to see if there are any further problems.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #12
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

I sure will. Thank you guys very much for your work on this. Was there something I did wrong?
Old 02-19-2019, 01:51 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not sure at this point, but I'd lean towards no, since it happened to multiple teams. Just to be on the safe side, though, I'd avoid changing any human GM's job status via anything except the Add/Edit Human Managers screen.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:09 AM   #14
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

We had many problems in our online league with the AHL and ECHL rosters not being filled out by the AI, even after running the AI on the teams. It was crashing our game at one point. I had to run the AI on every minor league team in the AHL and ECHL. Some teams only fill out 7 players and then say 20 are dressed. Most still don't dress 2 goalies. This was created with the latest patch 5.7.66 I did upload a file although I finally was able to advance the game. It's called ssgfhmSept30crash.lg.zip if you need to look at it.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:44 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheat42 View Post
We had many problems in our online league with the AHL and ECHL rosters not being filled out by the AI, even after running the AI on the teams. It was crashing our game at one point. I had to run the AI on every minor league team in the AHL and ECHL. Some teams only fill out 7 players and then say 20 are dressed. Most still don't dress 2 goalies. This was created with the latest patch 5.7.66 I did upload a file although I finally was able to advance the game. It's called ssgfhmSept30crash.lg.zip if you need to look at it.
Can you PM me the commissioner password? This sounds similar to the problem Justin was having, we should be able to get that fixed for you.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:48 AM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm actually seeing something a little different there - the rosters are full at the start, but large numbers of players seem to disappear after the game is advanced a day. Their player screens still show them on the team, though, and the team depth chart lists them, but they're gone from the rosters and lines and the AI seems to think they're gone, too, since it's signing replacements. This is something new, and very weird, we're going to have to dig into this further.