Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:04 PM   #1
tward13
All Star Starter

Contract negotiations

Anyone else having trouble (Historical league) negotiating with newly drafted players or minor leaguers?

You meet their demand then they complain about a role, then when you remove the role they claim you lowered your offer.

And around it goes guessing what the hell they want.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:09 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

We've had some reports of that, but I haven't been able to replicate the problem. What year are you playing in, and is it a random debut or regular game?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:54 AM   #3
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We've had some reports of that, but I haven't been able to replicate the problem. What year are you playing in, and is it a random debut or regular game?
It's a regular game. I started in 1955 and didn't really have issues until the 1958-59 season. I'm seeing it again in 1959-60
Old 10-31-2018, 03:30 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, I set up a game like that and it seems to repeat the problem reliably, we'll get that fixed.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
tward13
All Star Starter

This has not been fixed. Now in 1961 and I still get prospects complaining that I've lowered my offer when I did no such thing AND I'm meeting their demand.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, it's still on the bug list, not fixed yet.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #7
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

I've experienced this problem as well, but in a modern NHL game.

Especially if you try to negotiate a contract with one of your players (e.g. - you offer them less than they are asking). They usually will hold firm at their original demand (this is another issue entirely), but when you finally give up and meet that demand, they will continue to refuse your offer. And they don't refuse because they are upset with you, they just keep giving replies that don't seem to make any sense. For example, they'll say "Your offer is less than your last offer" or something like that, even though it clearly isn't.

The bottom line is, that if you meet their demand (especially their original demand), they should accept. No player would walk away from a team when they get what they want, regardless of how you got to that number.

I seem to remember this happening in FHM 4 as well. I've lost out on players resigning because of it. Now, I usually just give them what they are asking for because I don't want to risk losing them because of the bug.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:41 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

If you've got a save where that happens with a player, would you mind uploading it? I think that's a slightly different issue than the one posted here than the one with roles (and which should be fixed in the upcoming update.) It sounds like there's something else triggering the problem you're seeing.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:17 AM   #9
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
If you've got a save where that happens with a player, would you mind uploading it? I think that's a slightly different issue than the one posted here than the one with roles (and which should be fixed in the upcoming update.) It sounds like there's something else triggering the problem you're seeing.
Unfortunately, I don't have the save. It was my first season as the Blackhawks and I was trying to resign Nick Schmaltz before the trade deadline.

Somehow I was able to get him to sign at the end of the season by manually adjusting the dollar amounts and just changing them back to the same amount instead of relying on the "meet demand" menu, etc. Still weird how I had to do this instead of just hitting "meet demand".

I'll shoot you a save if it happens again.

Last edited by Pax25; 12-07-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:04 PM   #10
SerbianEagle
Minors (Single A)

I have a save where its happening. I started a challenge with the Sens, starting in 1996/97 season - and completely unable to sign some of the draftees. Chris Phillips being the best example - its always Meet Demand - Ask For Response - he refuses etc.

Where can I upload the save?
SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:19 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

See this post for uploading instructions: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...36&postcount=1

Alternately, you can put it on a file sharing site like dropbox and send me the link. I'd definitely like to have a look at that save.