Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #61
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Old 10-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #62
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I own FOF and OOTP and I play exclusively MP, BUT I will purchase whatever is produced because it is pretty obvious that MP will be in the game at some point and I want to support this development.

note: I'm not the least bit interested in Hockey but I have a few versions of FHM that I've never played
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 10-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #63
jimbob2232
Bat Boy

I know this isn’t a college game at this point, but I have to assume that if this rollout is successful (and I’m sure it will be) that a college game will follow at some point in the future.

When that does eventually happen, what I would like to see is a single point of entry for both the college and pro games. Kinda like an “in-app upgrade”. Online leagues could then run both college and pro leagues (perhaps with diffferent commissioners) and the players would roll seemleasly from one to the other. I think this would be preferential to 2 separate stand alone games, and would greatly improve Immersion as you would see college players from a hs recruit all the way through their HOF induction.

Just thought I’d throw that idea out there in case it effects any of the thinking on the game design.

Thanks for exertthing! can’t wait to play (especially MP!)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #64
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
note: I'm not the least bit interested in Hockey but I have a few versions of FHM that I've never played
Ditto

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 10-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #65
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob2232 View Post
I know this isn’t a college game at this point, but I have to assume that if this rollout is successful (and I’m sure it will be) that a college game will follow at some point in the future.

When that does eventually happen, what I would like to see is a single point of entry for both the college and pro games. Kinda like an “in-app upgrade”. Online leagues could then run both college and pro leagues (perhaps with diffferent commissioners) and the players would roll seemleasly from one to the other. I think this would be preferential to 2 separate stand alone games, and would greatly improve Immersion as you would see college players from a hs recruit all the way through their HOF induction.

Just thought I’d throw that idea out there in case it effects any of the thinking on the game design.

Thanks for exertthing! can’t wait to play (especially MP!)

would be outstanding to have a cfb game produced by the talent and vision of ootp producers
Old 10-23-2018, 07:27 PM   #66
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I understand that the College game is different but would it be possible to add a college league that runs exactly the same as the NFL, game wise, but operates as the college league? Similar to how in OOTP 19 you can just "add" a college league that runs on the same engine and exists in the same game.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #67
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If the release is still a few months away, maybe we could get some in-game screenshots while we wait? That said, I don’t care, take my money already.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #68
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Hah! Same here. Made me chuckle.

[But I do intend to remedy that situation someday soon.]

- Bru

Old 10-24-2018, 10:39 PM   #69
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
If the release is still a few months away, maybe we could get some in-game screenshots while we wait? That said, I don’t care, take my money already.
Couldn't agree more. I actively hate pre-orders but this is the exception. I don't care. I just wanna spend money on it already.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:18 AM   #70
cdcool
Minors (Single A)

Can't wait!!

Great news all the way around!
Old 11-01-2018, 12:47 AM   #71
Sir Chives
Bat Boy

I would love it if at some point you guys could get down all the way to the high school level.
-Players stick around only 4 years
-Every year a new batch of freshmen are randomly generated (no recruiting obviously) (Maybe have a middle school feeder program to increase the quality of your Freshman)
-Crosstown Rivalry games.
-State Finals
-Obviously the teams would all have to be custom like in OOTP

God I would pay anything for a game that had the ability to create High school leagues
Old 11-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #72
gaseous clay
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chives View Post
I would love it if at some point you guys could get down all the way to the high school level.
-Every year a new batch of freshmen are randomly generated (no recruiting obviously) (Maybe have a middle school feeder program to increase the quality of your Freshman)
-State Finals

God I would pay anything for a game that had the ability to create High school leagues
FOF: The Pop Warner Years
Old 11-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #73
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Quote:
-State Finals

On one hand, it would be not much of 'manager' game as much as a coach game ..

But imagine! A game where you are a University Athletic director or HS AD .... hmmmm... controling budgets and athletic program .... and more choice to get close to different sports (if you have interest in influencing the sport .. ala OOTP manager/coach options ) ...

never thought about that! before!
Old 11-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #74
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
-State Finals

That would involve modeling NFHS rules differences, which may be a pain. NCAA rules are bad enough.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #75
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
On one hand, it would be not much of 'manager' game as much as a coach game ..

But imagine! A game where you are a University Athletic director or HS AD .... hmmmm... controling budgets and athletic program .... and more choice to get close to different sports (if you have interest in influencing the sport .. ala OOTP manager/coach options ) ...

never thought about that! before!
I would love this!
Old 11-13-2018, 07:31 PM   #76
Postman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
I would love this!
Jim would have to resurrect TCY. He's been threatening to do so for years.

When he says the NCAA is totally different, believe him. He knows from experience.

Actually, I'd like him to work on it with the OOTP developers with the goal of making the recruiting engine sport agnostic, so that it could work with NCAA basketball, and college hockey as well. FHM5 could use it.

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #77
jbaumgardt1
Minors (Single A)

Actually as far as the football part of the game is concerned, there really isn't a huge difference between the NCAA and the NFL, nowhere near the NFL vs CFL difference. Wolverine has proven that with their games. The biggest differences are:

-Kickoff and PAT distance
-Clock stoppage on every first down for moving of chains resulting in more plays in a game.
-Players called down when knee touches ground without being touched by a defensive player in college game (not sure if this makes a big difference in a sim game like this though).
-Hash marks closer to the sidelines in the college game (shouldn't really make a difference in this game).
-Overtime format.

I believe though that most users will not mind at all if the exact same game engine that's used in the pro game is also used for the college game. The biggest challenge from a programming perspective I would think would be the season format (rankings and postseason), league structure, scheduling, and recruiting and transfers rather than a draft and free agency.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #78
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgardt1 View Post
Actually as far as the football part of the game is concerned, there really isn't a huge difference between the NCAA and the NFL...

<snip>

...I believe though that most users will not mind at all if the exact same game engine that's used in the pro game is also used for the college game. The biggest challenge from a programming perspective I would think would be the season format (rankings and postseason), league structure, scheduling, and recruiting and transfers rather than a draft and free agency.
And who knows...by the time this game is released with a NCAA version, the player salary functionality might not have to be disabled!!
Old 11-14-2018, 06:53 PM   #79
Postman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgardt1 View Post
Actually as far as the football part of the game is concerned, there really isn't a huge difference between the NCAA and the NFL, nowhere near the NFL vs CFL difference. Wolverine has proven that with their games. The biggest differences are:

-Kickoff and PAT distance
-Clock stoppage on every first down for moving of chains resulting in more plays in a game.
-Players called down when knee touches ground without being touched by a defensive player in college game (not sure if this makes a big difference in a sim game like this though).
-Hash marks closer to the sidelines in the college game (shouldn't really make a difference in this game).
-Overtime format.

I believe though that most users will not mind at all if the exact same game engine that's used in the pro game is also used for the college game. The biggest challenge from a programming perspective I would think would be the season format (rankings and postseason), league structure, scheduling, and recruiting and transfers rather than a draft and free agency.
Recruiting is the big one. It's unique to American college sports.

I'd also say the games themselves are really different even if the rules are almost identical. For instance, you see teams erase 20 plus point deficits all the time in college. It happens in the NFL, but it's always news when it does.

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #80
Reggie
Major Leagues

You have no idea how badly I want this game released. Or do you?