Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #81
ThePelvicWoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
I don't think that would be realistic. Defensive players react to what the offense does.
To some extent, but I should at least be able to choose which player blitzes
Old 06-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #82
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I don't think that would be realistic. Defensive players react to what the offense does.
I don't think you understood or played FOF8. I quoted clearly "Like the offense", meaning that I want to have packages and designed plays per down and distance.
Reacting to plays is already in the defensive bars (Play Diagnosis)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #83
Postman
Major Leagues

Yes, I've played FOF since version 6.

You want a playbook for defense? Yes, I'd like that, too. I'd settle for sliders that let us tell the defensive coordinator that we'd like more or less zone coverage in certain situations.

Keep in mind FOF is a simulation of the NFL from a GM's perspective, not a coach's. The ability to determine the contents of the offensive playbook is already unrealistic enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
I don't think you understood or played FOF8. I quoted clearly "Like the offense", meaning that I want to have packages and designed plays per down and distance.
Reacting to plays is already in the defensive bars (Play Diagnosis)

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Postman; 06-28-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:05 PM   #84
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yes, I've played FOF since version 6.

You want a playbook for defense? Yes, I'd like that, too. I'd settle for sliders that let us tell the defensive coordinator that we'd like more or less zone coverage in certain situations.

Keep in mind FOF is a simulation of the NFL from a GM's perspective, not a coach's. The ability to determine the comments of the offensive playbook is already unrealistic enough.

With FOF8 you play GM & Coach man.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #85
Postman
Major Leagues

You can, but the game is focused on the GM.
Quote:
With FOF8 you play GM & Coach man.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #86
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Not anymore
Quote:
You can, but the game is focused on the GM.

Old 06-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #87
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Postman is still kinda more correct, Shark:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Gameplan PDF Thing
During a game, a play is automatically called for the defense based on the play-calling chart. If there is more than one play in a section, the game starts with the top selection, then continues through the section when that situation occurs later in the game. Many sections will not come up in every game.

If the situation calls for a goal-line defense (ball at the 1-yard line or a third or fourth down and one and personnel showing a run play), the game will call a goal-line defense for you. In prevent situations, you’ll have a four-deep defense on the field with dime personnel.

The idea behind this design is that defenses often have just seconds to make a play call once the offensive personnel is on the field and the down and distance clear. Without this level of advance planning, defenses would have to remain remarkably simple
I think there are definitely some wrinkles that can be applied to defense, like more control over blitzing (like a blitzing hierarchy we determine, not the game) or presnap movement (to confuse rookie QBs, but occasionally have D out of place), but drawing up defensive plays isn't in the cards. Defense is generic for a reason, all it would take is the WR being set in motion to completely destroy your scripted defensive play.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:40 PM   #88
ScorpioSymbol
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd love to see both NFL and CFL play, the way OOTP has different leagues.

I mean, hell, I wish the NFL and CFL would just merge already ;-)

I'd love to be able to make that happen in this game
Old 07-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #89
Bambi
Bat Boy

For those of us with a desktop and a laptop, will we be able to license on two machines?
Old 07-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #90
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioSymbol View Post

I mean, hell, I wish the NFL and CFL would just merge already ;-)
That makes no sense considering the huge skill disparity between the two leagues. Even the Browns would he a power house if they got to play CFL teams.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #91
Skycast
Bat Boy

Have you watched any CFL football? It's almost like comparing apples to orange man...despite them both being football they are definitely different games. There are players like Ricky Williams that went up there in their prime and barely put up decent numbers much less dominate.

Three downs, 12 men, 20 second play clock. larger field, etc., etc., etc...
Old 07-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #92
JSap
Bat Boy

The most important feature to me is to be able to control just the things I want to - I generally prefer to just GM, but I'd like to be able to make some decisions on the style of offense or defense without needing to get all the way down to modifying individual situational propensities. I love the salary cap management, draft, free agency, etc, but I just want to hire a coach and point him in the general direction and simulate the season...
Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #93
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSap View Post
The most important feature to me is to be able to control just the things I want to - I generally prefer to just GM, but I'd like to be able to make some decisions on the style of offense or defense without needing to get all the way down to modifying individual situational propensities. I love the salary cap management, draft, free agency, etc, but I just want to hire a coach and point him in the general direction and simulate the season...
You will be in luck as that's exactly how you are able to do things in FOF. I basically play the same way and prefer to GM and it's definitely already possible in the existing game.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:28 AM   #94
Bambi
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
For those of us with a desktop and a laptop, will we be able to license on two machines?
Nevermind. I won't be purchasing.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #95
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nevermind. I won't be purchasing.
Although this seems like a cry for attention, I'll take the bait. What has changed in the pats week to have you go from curious in the game to a definite not purchase? The fact your question didn't get answered?

I'm certain a lot of details about the game are still being ironed out. I could be wrong, so I'm sure they want to ensure everything is settled before saying much on this forum.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #96
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I'll say this for Cole:

You'll be able to put the Steam version of the game on all your computers, assuming it comes to Steam, which I'm sure it will since FOF and OOTP are already on Steam.

Back when we all bought games directly through the dev's site, (I believe) the license allowed for two active installs. Might've been more, but I believe it was two.

So, your question, even though we don't actually know just yet, is likely a yes based on history.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #97
Winter Faery
Bat Boy

3 things I would like:

Customization. I want it to be like Out of the Park Baseball, where I can set up my own leagues, teams, players, and rules.

Import leagues into new versions. I've been buying Out of the Park Baseball for the past 3 years now, and if I couldn't import my leagues, I wouldn't have bought it each year. I would only buy it once and never buy it again, because putting work into a league and being forced to start over isn't something I want to do. I fall in love with my leagues after spending so much time on them.

3D on field display. Of course I'm not talking Madden graphics, but being able to see the action on the field unfold the way it does in Out of the Park Baseball is something I really enjoy. In fact, I love watching the pawns! It's almost nostalgic for me.

Those are my main 3 things I'd like to see in the football game. Basically, if it's like Out of the Park Baseball, I'd buy it every year just as I do now with the baseball game. I probably won't buy it if it doesn't at least have customization or an import league function.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:17 AM   #98
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Not really. Defensive football has changed a ton over the last 20 years in particular the last 10. Read-and-react defenses are still used but the most successful teams use extensive blitz and sub packages to *force* matchups that are favorable and/or confuse offensive players.

A football game without these features would not be realistic.

Now, to answer the original question of the thread: Full playbook capabilities including ground-up design and implementation, and functionality from day one to allow for integration into a college game. I will admit to not caring much about a pro game but I'll buy it as a way to support the developer(s). The game I really want to see is an OOTP-overseen FOF The College Years. Actually, what I'd really like to see is an OOTP-overseen Bowl Bound College Football (from Grey Dog) as it was a much superior product to FOFTCY. But I have a feeling OOTP will eventually improve FOFTCY to make it better than BBCF.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #99
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

A 2D graphics and text to watch the game, rather than Solevision would be awesome
Old 08-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #100
ThePelvicWoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
A 2D graphics and text to watch the game, rather than Solevision would be awesome
I very much agree with this. Definitely not expecting it in this version, but it's something that needs to be done eventually