Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
lionden_56
Minors (Double A)

Free agent draft problem

I wanted to create a fictional universe with MLB players, so I created a game with my league and major league baseball, dumped all the created players from my league into free agency, deleted all free agents, then deleted MLB so all the MLB players were free agents. Then I scheduled a free agent draft. When I simmed the draft, however, I got this weird result starting in round 24. Every team is listed as drafting the same player over and over again, and when I got to the teams rosters, it only shows 23 or 24 selected players. What is happening here?

League file in the FTP is "World Baseball Federation LD_56"

Last edited by lionden_56; 09-24-2017 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added league file
lionden_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks, it seems like teams like Luzardo, but when they go to draft him, due to his international status, we don't end up adding him to the team that drafts him, so he ends up back in the pool.

We'll likely have another build in a few weeks that will fix some last little things, and in that case, we'll make sure that he gets skipped from the eligible players. In the meantime, you can likely just delete him and re-run the draft, and that may work for you.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Thanks, it seems like teams like Luzardo, but when they go to draft him, due to his international status, we don't end up adding him to the team that drafts him, so he ends up back in the pool.

We'll likely have another build in a few weeks that will fix some last little things, and in that case, we'll make sure that he gets skipped from the eligible players. In the meantime, you can likely just delete him and re-run the draft, and that may work for you.
And sure enough, the so-called "last patch" for 18 didn't end up being last. There are always more bugs to fix.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
And sure enough, the so-called "last patch" for 18 didn't end up being last. There are always more bugs to fix.
Small things
Old 09-25-2017, 06:28 PM   #5
lionden_56
Minors (Double A)

That worked, thank you. I completely forgot that int amateur free agents would be included in the draft pool.
lionden_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #6
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Bumping this. My game is stuck on the Free Agent Draft. The game says the draft is over (all players are taken, so that make sense), but every time I go to sim the rest of the day, it tells me I need to finish the draft.

I then click "continue draft" and it takes me to the draft screen where it says "the Draft is finished!".

So...what am I missing here?

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
enuttage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuttage View Post
Bumping this. My game is stuck on the Free Agent Draft. The game says the draft is over (all players are taken, so that make sense), but every time I go to sim the rest of the day, it tells me I need to finish the draft.

I then click "continue draft" and it takes me to the draft screen where it says "the Draft is finished!".

So...what am I missing here?
I've seen similar things in the past where the game gets confused as to which draft is happening (ie. the league thinks it's waiting on a rookie draft, but the free agent draft is scheduled during that time).

Generally speaking, the best way is to go into the league events and delete whatever draft event is holding you up. If you can hop into commissioner mode, that will more often than not clear up the issues. You may have to manually edit some other events if they get stuck later (ie. you might need to manually reschedule the rookie draft event or draft pool reveal if they have issues).

If that doesn't work, let us know and we may have other suggestions.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:50 PM   #8
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I've seen similar things in the past where the game gets confused as to which draft is happening (ie. the league thinks it's waiting on a rookie draft, but the free agent draft is scheduled during that time).

Generally speaking, the best way is to go into the league events and delete whatever draft event is holding you up. If you can hop into commissioner mode, that will more often than not clear up the issues. You may have to manually edit some other events if they get stuck later (ie. you might need to manually reschedule the rookie draft event or draft pool reveal if they have issues).

If that doesn't work, let us know and we may have other suggestions.
Thanks for the response, Matt. I'm looking around now, but I'm not sure I know where to go to delete league events. If I try and edit the schedule, the draft is not present.

Pardon the ignorance, but where to I go?

Thanks again.

Edit: Nm. RTFM, enuttage. Erased the draft and seems to be humming along fine.

Thank you!

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."

Last edited by enuttage; 11-27-2017 at 10:52 PM.
enuttage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuttage View Post
Thanks for the response, Matt. I'm looking around now, but I'm not sure I know where to go to delete league events. If I try and edit the schedule, the draft is not present.

Pardon the ignorance, but where to I go?

Thanks again.

Edit: Nm. RTFM, enuttage. Erased the draft and seems to be humming along fine.

Thank you!
League Menu - Reports & info - League Reports - League Events.
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...ws_page.events
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote