Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:21 AM   #21
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Now I am not a programmer but what baffles me to no end is why player representations on the field are so hard when FBPRO did it 18 to 20 years ago! and XOR football did it 28 to 30 years ago!
Why stop there, EA sports has been doing great graphics for Madden for over a decade. Why can't everybody do that. I mean it has been a DECADE, it baffles me LOL. Yes I have decided I want EASports like graphics with simulation realism to match that series. Why not, graphics is the thing everyone is most passionate about. Therefore, let us have the best HD graphics available around a hollow shell of a game engine.

Last edited by bradko; 09-20-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:47 AM   #22
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
After all there is all of ONE programmer doing all this. Hell, we will be lucky if there is a game at all before we are all moldering in the grave. Might as well give the masses what they want.

Last edited by bradko; 09-20-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #23
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradko View Post
Why stop there, EA sports has been doing great graphics for Madden for over a decade. Why can't everybody do that. I mean it has been a DECADE, it baffles me LOL. Yes I have decided I want EASports like graphics with simulation realism to match that series. Why not, graphics is the thing everyone is most passionate about. Therefore, let us have the best HD graphics available around a hollow shell of a game engine.

They're just different things. This company focuses on the depth of the simulation realism and since they have such a small staff, they don't have the manpower to accomplish everything.

The thing that baffles me is when one version of Madden contains one feature, let's say something in Franchise mode. Then the next year comes out and they've removed it. You'd think that each new game would contain everything from the year before PLUS all of the new features. But they take out elements of the Gameplay that don't make sense sometimes. I never understood that. The only thing I can think of is that a new company or new team is in charge of each year and they have to start a lot of it over again.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #24
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

I think there an an enormous obvious difference between madden graphics and XOR graphics. I dont think anyone has a realistic hope that a small company like OOTP (or really anyone outside of EA or 2K) should be making a madden style graphics. those are multi million dollar projects and beyond the scope

XOR 2D level would be fine. have the engine determine it is a 20 yard completion to the X and everyone kind of does their default pass movement - with only X and the CB covering him who makes the tackle being different. same play that results in a sack puts everyone on default except for the LB who makes the sack coming through and the QB getting sacked.

for me personally that would be great, but I would be fine with PC Action (pre 2D) or OOTP (pre 3D) level with the OOTP early versions element of roster management (FA, draft, etc)

to me the roster management especially the draft are the most important thing.

I like FOF, I hate the UI - but it is always the lackluster draft and poor coach hiring mechanics that drive my loss of interest.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 09-26-2016, 12:43 AM   #25
james17
All Star Starter

You hit every nail on the head. Two-d graphics would be fine if the rest of the sim is as close to as meaty as OOTP baseball. Don't expect all that in version one but looking for a great base game.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:03 AM   #26
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
OR better yet just take FBPro 98 and create a better updated version with online multiplayer! I cannot believe it has been so long and no one understands that a remake of that game would be GREAT!
(AND DO NOT SUGGEST THE FB PRO SELLING ON STEAM.. BECAUSE THAT IS NOT THE SAME GAME IN ANY WAY!)
This is the holy grail of football, in my opinion. As a programmer myself ... without access to the source code it would be very hard to "take FBPRO98...". I have searched online for years and have found very little in that respect...if I had I would have been tempted to try it myself.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #27
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxFan View Post
What sort of information will be given to us as far as how individual players did? Will there be some sort of "game score" stat which grades every player? Statistics are very bad in evaluating football players relative to other sports, so without any film or even moving Xs and Os to look at, it will be difficult to accurately evaluate players.

Since we simulate all relevant matchups, you will get detailed feedback about how everybody did on every single play. No idea how this information will be presented to the user in the final version, but you will surely be able to know why a play worked or why it broke down.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #28
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradko View Post

For the stuff EA Sports does you would need a motion capturing studio and players who would do all the stuff you want to record. In addition, you would need plenty of people dealing with the visual aspect of the game which simply is beyond what we can afford.

I worked for EA Sports on the FIFA Manager series. Our studio in Cologne basically got an older version of the FIFA engine for free. Still, we needed multiple people dealing with this already finished engine to adjust it at least a little bit to our simulation needs. With limited resources and no 3D engine coming our way for free, this is simply unrealistic right now.