Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-31-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
MikeinWinnipeg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Attention: Mac users

Hi guys,

I am wondering if any Mac OS X users ( specifically 10.10.5 ) are experiencing game crashes in FHM 3 Sandbox mode ?

I have reported/posted this in the Beta bug thread and Sebastian has been great with support in troubleshooting,etc. But they do not have any problems running my saved game on their end, which is strange.

Any thoughts on why it works for them and not for me ?

Thanks !
MikeinWinnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Try shutting down everything else running in the background. On all our test machines there are no problems with the game on Mac OSX, so I am really not sure why it would not work for you... please stick to the tech support forum on this issue. Thanks
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
MikeinWinnipeg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Try shutting down everything else running in the background. On all our test machines there are no problems with the game on Mac OSX, so I am really not sure why it would not work for you... please stick to the tech support forum on this issue. Thanks
Thanks for the background suggestion, but it still crashes.

I am hoping that someone may have an answer or thought as to why it is crashing on my end.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
MikeinWinnipeg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Would insufficient RAM cause the crash ? When the game is running with no background programs, my computer uses 2.0-2.1 RAM of my 4GB system.
Thanks

Last edited by MikeinWinnipeg; 10-31-2016 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 10-31-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinWinnipeg View Post
Would insufficient RAM cause the crash ? When the game is running with no background programs, my computer uses 2.0-2.1 RAM of my 4GB system.
Thanks
It certainly could, but I should think 4GB of RAM would be enough.

Can you try loading a small game, with just the minimum amount of leagues loaded (NHL and AHL I think) and see if that makes any difference?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:21 PM   #6
MikeinWinnipeg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It certainly could, but I should think 4GB of RAM would be enough.

Can you try loading a small game, with just the minimum amount of leagues loaded (NHL and AHL I think) and see if that makes any difference?
Thanks for the reply !

I tried pretty much every scenario that Sebastian suggested plus a few of my own. They all crashed approximately one month into the game.

BUT I just requested a Steam key and tried that. THE GAME NOW WORKS ! No crashes and I'm a month and a half past where it crashed.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:23 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Thanks for the reply !

I tried pretty much every scenario that Sebastian suggested plus a few of my own. They all crashed approximately one month into the game.

BUT I just requested a Steam key and tried that. THE GAME NOW WORKS ! No crashes and I'm a month and a half past where it crashed.
Ah, that was you

Great, I'm glad it worked. Fantastic news!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #8
RavenEHM
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm a Mac user who is experiencing what appears to be the same crash in two save files (though not the one from the OP). I can get all the way to Jan 28th and when I try to sim to next day, it crashes. No addons or mods. Created a ticket and submitted both saved game files.
With any luck they'll be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

Last edited by RavenEHM; 11-02-2016 at 07:57 AM.
RavenEHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenEHM View Post
I'm a Mac user who is experiencing what appears to be the same crash in two save files (though not the one from the OP). I can get all the way to Jan 28th and when I try to sim to next day, it crashes. No addons or mods. Created a ticket and submitted both saved game files.
With any luck they'll be able to get to the bottom of the issue.
You play with Montreal? In that case it is a known (and now fixed) bug. You will be able to continue the save after the next update.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #10
RavenEHM
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You folks are quick. I wish the software development company I work for were as fast as you all. This is why I never have any second thoughts for supporting you guys, amazing team.

Keep up the great work.
RavenEHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #11
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Hi guys,

I am wondering if any Mac OS X users ( specifically 10.10.5 ) are experiencing game crashes in FHM 3 Sandbox mode ?

I have reported/posted this in the Beta bug thread and Sebastian has been great with support in troubleshooting,etc. But they do not have any problems running my saved game on their end, which is strange.

Any thoughts on why it works for them and not for me ?

Thanks !
I'm running it on 10.12.1 playing Sandbox and I've given up on the game altogether. It just crashes endlessly and repeatedly.

I am hugely disappointed in this game and frankly feel totally ripped off because my money has been taken and I've been given an alpha game that is ridiculously unstable.

EDIT: Apparently, according to the above message, it's because I'm playing with Montreal that I can't get past the 28th. So now what? I seriously have to wait until the next update to play the game I bought?

Last edited by Ferrisrox; 11-06-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #12
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Please stop to post in two different threads, that makes it really hard to give support. And as I wrote in the other thread, it sucks that your game has problems but obviously most user just play the game fine.

So please upload your save and I will take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
I'm running it on 10.12.1 playing Sandbox and I've given up on the game altogether. It just crashes endlessly and repeatedly.

I am hugely disappointed in this game and frankly feel totally ripped off because my money has been taken and I've been given an alpha game that is ridiculously unstable.

EDIT: Apparently, according to the above message, it's because I'm playing with Montreal that I can't get past the 28th. So now what? I seriously have to wait until the next update to play the game I bought?
Old 11-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #13
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Please stop to post in two different threads, that makes it really hard to give support. And as I wrote in the other thread, it sucks that your game has problems but obviously most user just play the game fine.

So please upload your save and I will take a look.
Installing patch now... Should address the 28th issue

Last edited by Ferrisrox; 11-06-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
Installing patch now... Should address the 28th issue
Yes, but you talked about constant, random crashes in January which sounds that something else is wrong. So if that is the case, please upload the save so I can look.