Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #41
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)
 
Rizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 253
Thanks: 69
Thanked 97x in 66 posts
The negativity on this forum and the FHM2 forum is disappointing.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Aceshigh24 (07-27-2015), Ts-Rock (08-02-2015)
Old 06-21-2015, 01:47 PM   #42
Mike D
Hall Of Famer
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 2,659
Thanks: 226
Thanked 156x in 87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whouse85 View Post
I gave up on the game a while back. I understand personal issues, (snip, cause the rest isn't important)
You understand personal issues? The man isn't having a difficult time with a pet passing, he had a major medical issue. As far as I'm concerned, and I speak only for myself, I would rather him get as close to 100% healthy than some damn game being finished.
__________________
Sometimes the best laid plans will never get you laid the way you plan.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
19 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (06-29-2015), Benoit256 (07-30-2015), BradC (06-24-2015), CatKnight (06-22-2015), Cole (06-27-2015), garion333 (07-01-2015), Germaniac (07-19-2015), jslmsca (06-28-2015), killershrew (06-24-2015), Leefoo (08-23-2015), Lukas Berger (06-27-2015), mpejkrm (06-21-2015), Oyaji (08-01-2015), Penfold75 (06-25-2015), Rob Morris (06-28-2015), Ruthian23 (06-28-2015), soadeathdealer (07-30-2015), Ts-Rock (08-02-2015), xepicx2729 (07-28-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 10:08 PM   #43
BradC
Administrator
 
BradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: northern CA
Posts: 1,862
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 2,137
Thanked 2,612x in 691 posts
Thank you, Mike. A stroke is very, very serious. Francis has a long road toward recovery ahead of him. When someone says "one guy being out shutting down a company's entire game development is something I do not understand," they don't seem to understand how tiny our company is.

*One person* has been doing the programming on this game. That's it. If we were EA, we'd have a whole team working on it, and one person having a stroke wouldn't halt work on the game.

But we're not EA, so we have to make do with what we have, and that's why we're looking into bringing in a second programmer.

And, honestly, I don't even know where "No one will be able to do it like him" comes from. Yes, Francis is an excellent programmer, and he has done great work on the game so far, but I'm sure we can find someone who can perform at a similar level. No one outside the company has even seen much of what the game will look like (the old blog posts don't count), so I don't know where that comes from.

All I can say is, please bear with us. In the end, Francis's health and well-being is more important than anything else. He's a great guy who I enjoyed spending time with in Hamburg last June, and I look forward to seeing him again sometime.

Thanks.
__________________
No longer PR and marketing manager for OOTP - see ThatSportsGamer, the new OOTP/MLBM community manager
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
23 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (06-29-2015), BaseballLife322 (06-24-2015), Cole (06-27-2015), daves (08-30-2015), garion333 (07-01-2015), Greeney03 (08-04-2015), HelgeBlendet (06-25-2015), iamcline (06-24-2015), james17 (07-29-2015), Leefoo (08-23-2015), Lukas Berger (06-27-2015), Mike D (06-26-2015), Oyaji (08-01-2015), paul.m.w. (07-09-2015), Penfold75 (06-25-2015), r0nster (08-04-2015), RchW (06-24-2015), Ruthian23 (06-28-2015), soadeathdealer (07-30-2015), Statsman1 (06-26-2015), TC Dale (06-26-2015), Ts-Rock (08-02-2015), Wassil (06-28-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 11:23 PM   #44
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 772
Thanks: 77
Thanked 205x in 113 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
And, honestly, I don't even know where "No one will be able to do it like him" comes from.
Sadly, this is the internet, so he can say stuff like that.
dumbrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #45
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)
 
colourmebrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 106
Thanks: 106
Thanked 70x in 36 posts
There are a few different pro football sims that have been 'in development' for a long time (Grey Dog's is one) or announced and cancelled or whatever, and people wanting a modern, high quality pro football sim have been waiting a long time and given false hope a few times. So I think that puts a lot of people on edge, as it were.

That said, a man had a stroke and we really should wish him well and stfu about any disappointment we might have about this product.

brad
colourmebrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:03 PM   #46
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve
 
phillyboy19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 549
Thanks: 69
Thanked 112x in 104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
The negativity on this forum and the FHM2 forum is disappointing.
Preach it man.
__________________
Phillies Savior: Is it possible?
Broad Street is Back: Bring on the Bullies
phillyboy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #47
Statsman1
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Conestogo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 278
Thanks: 366
Thanked 187x in 83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
In the end, Francis's health and well-being is more important than anything else.
Some posters on this board can't see past their computer games and such - it isn't their fault, and sometimes the only way to appreciate the effects of someone else's experiences is to experience them yourself. Perspective is a weird thing that way.

When my wife suffered a TIA a few years back, there was nothing more important than her recovery and achieving the sense that things could get back to normal for her and for my family.

The frustrating thing is that it was a slow process with no fixed end date. It's like when you're a kid and you're waiting for this concept called "Christmas", you know that it's a wonderful day, but you also have this awareness that Christmas isn't today or tomorrow...it's coming, but you just don't know when.

Hang in there, Francis. We are all rooting for you.
__________________
Statsman1
Statsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Ts-Rock (08-02-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #48
BradC
Administrator
 
BradC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: northern CA
Posts: 1,862
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 2,137
Thanked 2,612x in 691 posts
Yeah, I get that, Statsman. I've certainly come across that kind of thing many times in my life, in various ways. I guess I'll never understand it, though.

I hope your wife is doing better now.
__________________
No longer PR and marketing manager for OOTP - see ThatSportsGamer, the new OOTP/MLBM community manager
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:51 PM   #49
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer
 
ashantewarrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somerset, NJ via Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,075
Blog Entries: 6
Thanks: 2,115
Thanked 544x in 316 posts
My Wife suffered a TIA a few years back as well and has (thank God) fully recovered. My Mom had a few strokes that subsequently led to her passing away 5 years ago. A stroke is serious business folks.

I pray for Francis full recovery and continued strength for his family. As much I was looking forward to this game myself, BTS should be the least of anyone's worries.
__________________
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being."
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers


"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson

OOTP MLB & NCAA Caps & Jerseys
http://s1232.photobucket.com/profile/ashantewarrier
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BradC (07-31-2015), Leefoo (08-23-2015), Ts-Rock (08-02-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 07:30 AM   #50
garion333
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 120
Thanks: 255
Thanked 83x in 40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
You understand personal issues? The man isn't having a difficult time with a pet passing, he had a major medical issue. As far as I'm concerned, and I speak only for myself, I would rather him get as close to 100% healthy than some damn game being finished.
I consider ignorant posts like that the quickest way to identify who should get the "ignore user" function applied to them. Feel free to do the same.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #51
fredreed
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wagontown,PA
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34x in 25 posts
Guys we all need to show respect because heart attacks and strokes are a very serious issue. We all need to show that we care by giving him the time he needs to get better. If we don't a football sim this year that's fine but we need to remember that getting better and being healthy is a must. Take as long as you need to better.
guys please show some respect to him. I know because my cousin just suffered a heart attack and was very lucky to be alive and the doctors told him that he needs to take it easy for quite a long time to get better.
__________________
fredreed
fredreed is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BradC (07-31-2015), Wassil (08-03-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 04:35 AM   #52
tcoots423
Minors (Double A)
 
tcoots423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: KS
Posts: 195
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 50
Thanked 37x in 31 posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Thank you, Mike. A stroke is very, very serious. Francis has a long road toward recovery ahead of him. When someone says "one guy being out shutting down a company's entire game development is something I do not understand," they don't seem to understand how tiny our company is.

*One person* has been doing the programming on this game. That's it. If we were EA, we'd have a whole team working on it, and one person having a stroke wouldn't halt work on the game.

But we're not EA, so we have to make do with what we have, and that's why we're looking into bringing in a second programmer.

And, honestly, I don't even know where "No one will be able to do it like him" comes from. Yes, Francis is an excellent programmer, and he has done great work on the game so far, but I'm sure we can find someone who can perform at a similar level. No one outside the company has even seen much of what the game will look like (the old blog posts don't count), so I don't know where that comes from.

All I can say is, please bear with us. In the end, Francis's health and well-being is more important than anything else. He's a great guy who I enjoyed spending time with in Hamburg last June, and I look forward to seeing him again sometime.

Thanks.
First of all, anyone's health matters way more than a game! So get well!!!

Secondly, Im glad you guys are not EA. This is my first year of playing OOTP and MLB Manager and the quality of your guys' product is top notch. As a sports fan I NEED simulation. I need something where I can take control and have it be realistic. Sadly nobody has come close for years. I will wait for this game and I will buy it when it comes out because it is made by OOTP Developments. I know it sounds like kissing ass, but Id rather have an amazing game made by a small group than the bucket of doo doo I get from others
tcoots423 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BradC (08-30-2015), paul.m.w. (08-13-2015)
Old 08-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #53
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,548
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,630
Thanked 4,080x in 2,313 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoots423 View Post
I will wait for this game and I will buy it when it comes out because it is made by OOTP Developments. I know it sounds like kissing ass, but Id rather have an amazing game made by a small group than the bucket of doo doo I get from others
The success of OOTPB guarantees that I will be around and paying rapt attention if and when BTSF or some other American football simulation finally comes to fruition here. There is much money to be made on this and some of it will come out of my own pocket, I assure you.
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
jldante56 (10-02-2015)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 AM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2020 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments