Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:01 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation We are hiring: Software developer for Beyond the Sideline Football

The position has been filled. Thanks to everyone who applied

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-18-2016 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
dmytron

As I guess, knowing of Qt would be very of help.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
As I guess, knowing of Qt would be very of help.
Nope, FHM uses QT, but BTS does not. It uses PISD as platform libraries, like OOTP.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

For any questions about this position, who could we contact?

PT22

Old 05-23-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

It's times like these I wish I had gone to school for computer programming.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:37 PM   #6
Shaka
Bat Boy

Probably worth giving a look at Brooks over at Pro Football Simulator. Guy is a one man machine with his football simulation. It's not up to OOTP standards, but pretty solid for a dude in his spare time.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #7
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Greg Stelmack over on the FOFC boards would be great as well, he's done all kinds of wizardry with FOF add ons.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #8
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

shame this isn't the 1980s and early 90s I would have applied back then but I got out of the game since 1995 .... Obviously big mistake phewy LOL
Old 06-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #9
derek412
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dang, I fit the bill, except for the having to move to Germany part...can't do that right now. Oh well, hope this whole thing turns out well.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #10
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Davis View Post
Greg Stelmack over on the FOFC boards would be great as well, he's done all kinds of wizardry with FOF add ons.

Why not engage Jim Gindin and see if he would entertain either working on this or using OOTP to bring FOF to another level. With the capabilities of his engine and the support and interface provided bt OOTP this could be a win-win.

Or maybe Arlie at Greydog.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 PM   #11
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
Why not engage Jim Gindin and see if he would entertain either working on this or using OOTP to bring FOF to another level. With the capabilities of his engine and the support and interface provided bt OOTP this could be a win-win.

Or maybe Arlie at Greydog.
Either one of these would be a superb choice.

Another LONG LONG LONG shot option...what is 2k Sports doing these days with football?
Old 06-24-2015, 02:04 AM   #12
killershrew
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Either one of these would be a superb choice.
Agreed, they make awesome simulations. They should get someone else to do the user interfaces though....
Old 06-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #13
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

As much as I liked Arlie's college game, I've got to question teaming up with someone who tells you in 2006 that he's working on a pro sim and in 2015 hasn't delivered it yet.

OOTP probably doesn't need someone in a support role; they need someone to champion the project now that Francis is unavailable. That requires someone with a little bit more initiative than Arlie has shown, IMO.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #14
Qrashman
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek412 View Post
Dang, I fit the bill, except for the having to move to Germany part...can't do that right now. Oh well, hope this whole thing turns out well.
Never said you had to move to Germany. Just go there for 2 weeks and that's it. Then you're back home.
HBL Waiting List
Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 AM   #15
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConStar View Post
As much as I liked Arlie's college game, I've got to question teaming up with someone who tells you in 2006 that he's working on a pro sim and in 2015 hasn't delivered it yet.

OOTP probably doesn't need someone in a support role; they need someone to champion the project now that Francis is unavailable. That requires someone with a little bit more initiative than Arlie has shown, IMO.
and has also said that his college football game doesn't need updated

UTBA3
Old 06-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #16
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

They probably need to hire someone away from SI, as that's where Arlie got most of his experience, and likely used much of the same type of code.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #17
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
This is actually a fabulous idea. I've bought every version of FOF and the backend engine (play outcome, stats, AI, roster managements, trades, free agency, finances) doesn't get more solid. It's the front end that detracts from the game -- the stuff that OOTP excels at. If you could team up in some fashion, it would be awesome.

It really all depends on what Jim sees for the future of Solecismic and the viability of additional releases of FOF. Maybe the future is working with OOTP.

For one of the versions, he did team up with EA. It only lasted for that one year and I don't think it was a positive experience. But OOTP isn't the monster that EA is so I think the working relationship would be completely different.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #18
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Are you close to getting someone it's been over a month now, thanks?
Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #19
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

Finding a programmer with skills in this niche that is interested in American football (so, probably a North American dev) who's able to leave their job for this risky job and also able to go to Germany for a not insignificant amount of time...

This hiring process is most likely going to take a while. Hiring processes for 'traditional' jobs rarely take less than a month.

brad
Old 07-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #20
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

If the flying to Germany bit was scrapped it'd probably be a lot easier. Hell I would have applied if that wasn't a requirement, but dealing with customs bull****, lodging for two weeks, and dropping roughly 1700 to fly from Pearson to Berlin and back for a job that's not guaranteed and I don't know the pay of? No thanks. I've got enough of those in Canada and all they cost me is a two hour drive to Toronto.

PT22