Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 07-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
EBL Ethnicities,Schools, etc

ok now that i have my nation of Endor working and i am gonna re do my EBl after i create my other nations and all cities that go with each nation, i want to do my schools and ethnicities

Schools
for example how would i put in the following?
Pitunia, its an Ivy League school in Endor, in Endor City, its NCAA div 1
4 yr university. the Panthers
Willowbrook HS, Villa Park, IL the Warriors

Can i add ethnicities?
examples...wookie, Ewokenese think i spelled that right,
Twi'lek
and several other from the expanded Star Wars Universe which cn be found on Wookiepedia

example right now my Nation of Endor speaks english, spanish, french or how ever thats set up, but i want then to be english, spanish, canadien, Ewok and Wookie.
how would i do that?

thanx
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
Chicagofan76
Banned

1st names and last names

do the names have to be in alphabetical order? i am sure the answer is yes but just checking.

lets say i want to have the twi'lek name of Nawara'ven how would i do this?
now i know i can break it up into 2 parts being first- Nawara and Ven being teh last name

but i dont want Nawara Smith or Paul Ven
also how would i do a name such as Chewbacca?, Cinnamon, or Papaloo?
without making it common. i havent had any success editing High Heat 2003 name file.

Most of my EBL players from 2003 to 2035 i will manually create i will let the game create most p[layers until about 2019after that i have names and career stats for every player that played atleast 1 EBL game and over 200 that played in minors...for each yr 2019-2035
Old 07-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I'll defer to someone who has edited the ethnicites file, although it is the key file in this endeavor. There are two possible ways of doing it. I'll address it last.

First schools.

Schools is like cities. You tie the school to a country and you can define a region (e.g. state). The file is sorted by 1 type (college or HS) and 2) name. So again sort order is important here. If you look at the the HS records in the school, you will notice the will omit a field by using ,, . This is done for conference, etc. Two values you MUST include are competition level and frequency. Not sure how they are used but they seem simple enough. HS is level 3 and colleges range from 1 to 3 in competition level. Frequency seem to be mostly (if not all )1.

I would recommend to find your relevant college(IVY League or what ever), copy and change and add your new record. You can use your regions of Endor here as well.

Names and first names work the same. The are sorted a little different that the others, in that the third field is the first sort criteria, then the first field. The layout is "name, frequency, ethnicities code". So the sort is ethnicities code then name. Since both first and last name is tied to this ethnicities code, you wont get Nawara Smith or Paul Ven, unless you but both the first and the last name in the appropriate file tied to ethnicities.

Just a reminder, ALL txt files MUST be in their respective sorted order.

Next post will discuss enthnicities issues.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Ethnicities:

This is the key file to make your project work. I changing this file (to what ever extent you will be able) will have ramifications to all newly created leagues. Therefore,

Step 1 back this file up to a location outside of OOTP.
Step 2 back this file up to another location outside OOTP.

If you lose the games default file the only way to retrieve it will be uninstall and reinstall OOTP.

I think there are two possibilities in the game design. I can't find in the manual anywhere, and I have never tried a non-earth scenario. Certainly other opinions are welcome here, but my guess is if you get this working you will become the OOTP fantasy world expert.

Again remember that you are not altering any existing leagues. You must build a new league to make any changes in the database folder files take affect for a league.

A couple of relatationships.

I discussed above the names and firstnames link to ethnicites file. You will not have to go back to the nations file as well. A nation can only have four ethnics entries. For example if you look at Iceland in the nations file you will see it is 80% US modern, 5% German and 15% Danish. Since you will only have an Endor nation you will be limited to four ethnic categories.

Let's look at the ethnicities file. There are two possible update methods which may work.

Option 1: The game will only allow five races:

(african,asian,caucasian,east_indian,hispanic)

The assumption here is that the headers in the file are the tags for the various races. Changing them will change the races in the game (There may still be some hard coding in the game so I would not be surprised to see some anomalies.)

Therefore

You can create five races for Endor and you rename the header in the ethnicities file (Note these are in aphabetical order as well).
You can then add the entries to for you various ethnic categories. Note since this file is used for all new league generation, the earth races will be gone. Only the Endor races will exist.

You would also change the header file in the nations text. The last five fields are the races for that country. My assumption here is that they override the race definition in the ethnicities file.

Option 2: Adding races. (this would allow earth and non-earth leagues off the same set of files so it would be the design if OOTP thought this were a requirement.)

I'm not sure this would work, but the ethnicites file has one unique characteristic. Each record ends in a comma. This could imply that you can add races (e.g. in the game the ethnicities table is a variable field table. Complicated but possible).

If this were true, you simply add races into the ethnicities header. Remember they must still be in alphabetic order. So if you add 5 you now have 10 races in the game. You must modify every record in the ethnicities file to have the same number of fields as your header and each record must end in a comma. Remember that the sequence of races has changed as well, so you need to make sure each entry still aligns with its race value. you can then add your Endor ethnicities records.

The problem with this solution is I'm not sure how the nations file will work with the new races. Those records don't end in comma and there is no indication that it is a variable field table. My best guess would be link to your Endor ethnic cultures, use zero for the race numbers in the nations file (the last 5 fields) and assume that it would use the ethnicites ratio for races.

I'll stop as this is confusing enough, I'm sure. One final thought is once you have the relationships down in you mind, you may just want to build your own nations, cities, school, names, first names and ethnicites files. If you keep the long/lat in Earth terms, you may be able to create Endor as a world not a nation.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 07-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Chicagofan76
Banned

ok i am confused but i want to get to the last thing u said.....about creating Endor as a world vs a nation.....not sure if i want to do that....the way i had this set up on Tony 3 and Hardball whichever was i had 2 leagues and would export/import players when they switched from MLB to EBL or EBL to MLB.
example Wilbur Duggleby gets traded to Endor City from the Mets in spring of 2015. When he becomes a free agent after 2017 he goes back to the METS through 2025. in 2026 he moves the Sony Storm to Cooperstown, Panasonic and names them the Quest and plays 2 more yrs as player/manager/co owner.

i also have 1 player Kevin Kucera LF Trout Swampmen that after Trout folds he goes and plays a hall of fame career for the Marlins then plays 2 yrs with the Atlantis Sharks.

I am running both MLB from 2000 all historical along with 2003 EBL custom historical

i guess i wont edit ethnicities or races if i can help it..

From 2003 -2035 i am gonna manually put in all players anyway and use pics from internet for their photos. after 2035 season i may try to change the file i figure by then ootp 13 should be out.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

The reason for the world v nation statement was based upon not knowing how many entities/regions/races you were having. OOTP uses earth and has 39 ethnic groups and 200+ nations. If you were trying to do anything similar (10+ ethnic groups/planets/etc) trying to do it all under the nation of Endor would just be too limiting.

Good luck creating your new universe. E-mail if you have any questions. I'll be curious to see how this all turns out.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 07-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
Chicagofan76
Banned

well each planet/nation i create is gonna be unique
Endor 60% modern us, 20% candien 10% Ewok 10% wookie

is what i want to do

Coruscant 90% modern US 10% bothan

Mon Calamari 40% mon calmari 40% quarren 10% us

would that work?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

So each planet is a nation with no more than 4 ethnic groups. That should work, given the discussion above on the ethnicities files about adding races.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 02-12-2011, 05:53 AM   #9
Chicagofan76
Banned

adding/changing ethnicities didnt work in the game.

No big deal I dont have that many non humans until i get to 2029 timeframe after that i can change people into wookies and ewoks.

besides i cant make an ewok or wookie in facegn anyway so i am forced to use their photos of Wicket and Chewbacca