Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:31 AM   #1
Tippingboy21
Bat Boy

Smile Exp GM looking for a good league

I've been in tons and tons of leagues SBA, SBA II,ESBL,TBBL,TBBL2?,RBL, RBL3?,Koss,Koss 2,Danks,PSB,etc and have one alot of WS and been in many more. I'm looking for a good league as I currently have just 1 that is pretty much just a project league (only 16 Gms and I won 133 games and a WS the 1st year lol) so I'm looking for something better. I have been co-comish of many leagues, League prez,article grader etc so I've been around.

If you have a league that you think I may be interested in hit me up on AIM Tippingboy21 or email me Tippingboy21@aol.com.

Thanks
Chris
Old 12-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Tippingboy21
Bat Boy

I don't have ootp 9 btw and don't plan on buying it
Old 12-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
Mike1
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippingboy21 View Post
I don't have ootp 9 btw and don't plan on buying it
If thats the case, then you should probably post in the OOTP2007/8 Online League forum.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:48 AM   #4
Tippingboy21
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBACommish View Post
If thats the case, then you should probably post in the OOTP2007/8 Online League forum.
Whys that? There are plenty of ootp 9 leagues out there that you don't have to own the game for.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Whys that? There are plenty of ootp 9 leagues out there that you don't have to own the game for.
Those are certainly leagues I don't want to be a part of, and someone like yourself who doesn't make a commitment by owning the game, and forcing someone like Mike (USBACommish) and myself to do the stuff a GM should be doing is unacceptable. We have lives, wives etc, and we also believe in supporting Markus & Andreas by requiring people to buy the game.

Please don't come to leagues like ours if that is your attitude.

The Man Behind eMLB - https://atl-02.statsplus.net/emlb/re..._150_home.html

Proud OOTP Affiliate Streamer
Proud Twitch Partner (Partnered 3/15/22)

Last edited by eMLBCommish; 12-08-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then you should have no trouble finding one then. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
Tippingboy21
Bat Boy

I've bought games (ootp 6 and patches)in the past and while its fun to mess around with I've only ever had 1 league that required me to have the game out of 20+ so I figure why bother unless your looking to start your own league or join one that actually uses it. I have nothing against buying the game but $40 is kind of pricey for a online game. I know its my fault since I didn't preorder it when it was being offered for half that amount but still.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
phillosopherp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I've bought games (ootp 6 and patches)in the past and while its fun to mess around with I've only ever had 1 league that required me to have the game out of 20+ so I figure why bother unless your looking to start your own league or join one that actually uses it. I have nothing against buying the game but $40 is kind of pricey for a online game. I know its my fault since I didn't preorder it when it was being offered for half that amount but still.

Last edited by phillosopherp; 12-08-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: edit for PC reasons
Old 12-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #9
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillosopherp View Post
So in other words you want to have fun, but don't want to support the company that allows you to have this fun. While this is the whole problem with Americans today isn't it. Want it all without any output from themselves, I bet you pirate all of your pasttimes too don't you.
Uuuuuuh....hello? I'm American and supported (Paid or Worked in Beta) this franchise since 2001. I won't even begin to estimate the revenue I've provided to OOTP through the years by all those in my leagues who have bought the game after joining my league and never hearing of OOTP before.

Isn't that a little brash of you to lump us all in the same boat?

Shame on you

Last edited by eMLBCommish; 12-08-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish View Post
Uuuuuuh....hello? I'm American and supported (Paid or Worked in Beta) this franchise since 2001. I won't even begin to estimate the revenue I've provided to OOTP through the years by all those in my leagues who have bought the game after joining my league and never hearing of OOTP before.

Shame on you
Dude, mind who you are quoting.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
phillosopherp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish View Post

Shame on you
Wasn't talking about you at all, I was talking about the dude who wants to play on everyone elses dime, I think that I was pretty clear in that was I not. Re-read my post if you still think I was talking to you then I will edit it.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillosopherp View Post
Wasn't talking about you at all, I was talking about the dude who wants to play on everyone elses dime, I think that I was pretty clear in that was I not. Re-read my post if you still think I was talking to you then I will edit it.
As I stated, it's usage of the phrase "this is the whole problem with Americans today" that was my .

Might've been better not to even type that sentence.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
kq76
Global Moderator

There are plenty of leagues out there that don't require you to own the game so I don't know why this thread went the way it did. Yeah, the OP could have put his second post better, but I don't think he should have been attacked over it.

If some online leagues require people to own the game, fair enough (I'd never commish one that didn't, commishing a league is enough work as it is), but for as long as I can remember there have been leagues that didn't require it and if they're okay with that then I don't see the problem in someone not owning the game looking to join a league like that.

I've certainly never read anyone from OOTP complain about it and if anybody should it should be them as those people are still using the company's board here. If they don't have a problem with it, then I don't see why we should.

As for the American comment and suggestion that the OP is probably a software pirate too, come on. The OP didn't once say he was an American (anybody can get an aol email account) nor even intimated he had ever pirated the game. Heck, if he were the type then why not just pirate it and join a league that does require the game? Instead he came right out and said he wasn't going to buy it. Fair enough IMO.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #14
Tippingboy21
Bat Boy

You guys crack me up how the **** do I go from not wanting to spend my money on the game to being from France or even worse China. I just stated that I don't join enough leagues that require you to buy the game to make it worth my money.

PS I found a league to join so disregard this thread anyways
Closed Thread