Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Schedule(s?) Request: 28 Teams, 2 Sub's, 2 Div's, 144 games

Good morning! I'm working on making the fictional league I made a couple of years ago in OOTP in the new version, and I'm expanding it by a few teams.

I was wondering if it's possible to have a schedule that is 144 games long for a 28-team, 2-subleague, 2-division (7 teams per division) set. Ideally, I'd like 60 games against the other six teams in each team's division, 42 games against the other division in their subleague (Two 3-game series per team, one home, one away), and 42 games of interleague, with one 3-game series against each team in the other subleague (can be either home or away.)

My thinking is this schedule would start in mid-April, with the season ending with this schedule, in mid-September, with an All-Star Game in July.

And because I'm paranoid that one schedule file only does one schedule and does not mix things up after one year, I was wondering if it's possible to have a few versions of this kind of schedule so the same teams aren't playing the same teams at the same time on the same schedule year after year? If that's not the case, that'd ease some of my fears.

If someone could help me out, or if they have anything they'd like to tweak, it'd be greatly appreciated!

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:19 AM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Code:
#
# 28 team schedule, 144 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 2 divisions, each with 7 teams
#
#
# 10 games against 6 other teams in division (4-6H/4-6A)
#  6 games against 7 other teams in league (3H/3A)
#  3 games against 14 teams in other league (3H or 3A)
#
#
# No cases of more than 20 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 14 games
# All-Star break counted as ending homestands/roadtrips
#
# Teams play 11-13 home weekend series
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Friday of April
# Season ends mid-September
# Season spans 164 days
#
# All-Star Game set for first Tuesday on or after July 5th (day num 96)
#
# Built on 2019-06-07
#
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl 28team144_227u_a_gmo.lsdl (100.9 KB, 106 views)
Old 06-07-2019, 03:27 AM   #3
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
And because I'm paranoid that one schedule file only does one schedule and does not mix things up after one year, I was wondering if it's possible to have a few versions of this kind of schedule so the same teams aren't playing the same teams at the same time on the same schedule year after year? If that's not the case, that'd ease some of my fears.
The game does randomly mix up teams with each division year-to-year. So wherever a team plays a division opponent, or an interdivision opponent, or an interleague opponent, the next year there would be the same type of matchup, but exactly which team falls into the matchups slots varies.

Mixing up the slots would mean making completely different schedules. And even if you had say 4 of those, the game would simply cycle through those every 4 seasons exactly as they are without the randomization (at least that was the case way back in the day and I assume is still so).

Perhaps not ideal, but I think that automatic randomization the game does provides the best combination of variety plus limited amount of schedule construction work.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Thank you very much for the schedule and the explanation on the schedule randomization. I appreciate it very much!

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote