Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:21 PM   #41
USF
All Star Starter

The California Angels almost pulled off the three-peat but, the Houston Astros won the World Series in 1979 - 4 games to 2.

And looks like I improved this year according to the OOTP game :-)

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image 
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #42
USF
All Star Starter

The Blue Jays had a busy off-season in 1980 with several transactions to help improve the roster for the regular season and hopefully deliver a playoff berth for the fans of Canad-EH.

First goal was to improve the depth at SP so we acquired Ray Burris and the ageless one Charlie Hough. Then we added another power bat in Gorman Thomas who also will play CF by giving up Alfredo Griffin SS (yes he it a HR around the pesky pole in Boston in the first ever appearance of the Jays on Monday Night Baseball - Jays lost 2-1). Then we add some depth with Bill Buckner (I know I know), Bill Campbell, Dave Radar and yes we got YAZ! I have a soft spot for the oldies! He still has some life in that body and the fans love him! Then out of the INT FA we landed a stud CL in Nii.

Lets see how this plays out!

Jason

Sunday, February 24th, 1980
Signed free agent RF Bill Buckner to a 3-year contract worth a total of $360,000.

Tuesday, February 12th, 1980
Signed free agent RP Bill Campbell to a minor league contract with a $38,000 signing bonus.
Monday, January 28th, 1980
Traded 22-year-old shortstop Alfredo Griffin to the Milwaukee Brewers, getting 29-year-old center fielder Gorman Thomas in return.

Monday, January 21st, 1980
Signed free agent C Dave Rader to a 1-year contract worth a total of $160,000.

Tuesday, January 15th, 1980
Signed free agent RP Reggie Cleveland to a 1-year contract worth a total of $81,000.

Sunday, December 30th, 1979
Signed free agent LF Carl Yastrzemski to a 1-year contract worth a total of $200,000.

Saturday, December 15th, 1979
Signed free agent CL Shotaro Nii to a 1-year contract worth a total of $300,000.

Wednesday, December 12th, 1979
Signed free agent SP Charlie Hough to a minor league contract with a $196,000 signing bonus.
Thursday, November 29th, 1979
Signed free agent RP Ray Burris to a 6-year contract worth a total of $1,200,000.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:16 PM   #43
USF
All Star Starter

Oh my the experts have made their early predictions ---- Blue Jays look like a sure thing this year hmmm - 100+++ wins.

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 01:38 AM   #44
USF
All Star Starter

Well 1980 is about to start and the Blue Jays are predicted to win the AL East with 100 wins! We also are back in the #1 spot for our minor league system! Lots of +++ heading into this 4th season in history for the Blue Jays.

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 01:53 AM   #45
USF
All Star Starter

We have reached the beginning of May (9th) and the Draft Pool for 1980 has been revealed. I'd love to land one of these and it would be awesome to bring Jesse Barfield back home!

Regarding the start of the season = HORRIBLE!

10-16, 7 games back of the Bronx Bombers and luckily we just swept the Angels 3-0 or you can image what the hole would be to dig out of to get back into contention in the AL East.

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #46
USF
All Star Starter

We have reached the Amateur Draft in 1980!

The Jays are struggling out of the gate, 5.5 games back of the NYY and despite having some good team statistics we are not getting the runs. Our Rotation has been the biggest disappointment so far but, we feel confident they will turn it around.

An example is the big game that Gorman Thomas had recently. He smashed 3 HRs in a single game but, the Jays still lost :-(

Hopefully this year, we will get hotter as the season progresses!

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 09:43 AM   #47
USF
All Star Starter

The Jays were disappointed that none of the really big names dropped to us in R1 :-( but, we did land 3 very good pitchers (2 starters and 1 reliever).

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #48
USF
All Star Starter

We have reached the Allstar game in 1980!

The Blue Jays are sending 5 players to the mid-summer classic.

RPs; Rudy May & Willie Hernandez
3B: George Brett, SS: Paul Molitor, DH: Hal McRae

More importantly our team goals are progressing well and we are moving up in the standings except, I don't understand what the game means by signing a "hometown" player. I signed Reggie Cleveland out of Canada and somehow this doesn't count?

The Jays sit in 2nd place in the AL East behind the nasty, ugly and hated Bronx Bombers. We are only 2 games back as of July 8th. Can we finally put it all together to finish strongly this year!

I'm proud of the team's statistical performance since the last update. My rotation figured to be better than 12th and it has improved all the way to 4th! Likely helping this cause was adding Ray Burris to the rotation and going with a 5 man setup for extra rest. I also made a change at CL with Nii replacing Lee who was starting to cause me to chew my nails off.

Bob Horner, Yaz also returned from injuries but, we just lost George Brett for a few weeks and that will no doubt hurt.

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #49
USF
All Star Starter

The Toronto Blue Jays are 2.5 games back of the New York Yankees for the AL East division title as we play in the final month of the 1980 Regular Season.

A crucial 3 game series at home vs. the Bronx Bombers takes place on Mon Sept. 8th, 1980. The Jays must win this series to keep the momentum going.

Toronto only made one significant move by the trade deadline acquiring submarine man Kent Tekulve from the Pirates for a promising young SP.

We were on the move in August with a 20-10 record before being hit with three major injuries - Paul Molitor SS and Bob Horner 1B and Yaz OF. Molitor and Horner will be back before seasons end though.

Fans in Canada are excited about the up-coming series and a possible playoff berth.

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #50
USF
All Star Starter

Well we made the playoffs! We beat the Bronx Bombers to win the AL East Division and now will play Minnesota in the AL Championship.

We were only 3-9 vs the Twins this year so it will be a tough series no doubt.

In the NL, the Cubs will play the Dodgers in the NL Championship.

We have a lot of fire power in the lineup with 3 x 30+ HR players:
McRae 31, Horner 34 and Thomas 42.

Meanwhile 18 game winner Ed Whitson anchors our rotation with a 3.48 ERA and our closer Nii had 28 saves with a WHIP of 1.20

In the AL, we were 1st in runs, bavg, HRs and bullpen ERA.

After a 12-16 start, the Blue Jays finished 83-49 the rest of the way to end at 95-67 including 40-22 the past 3 months!

I hope we can win a World Series this year!

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #51
USF
All Star Starter

Well, Minnesota took care of business and defeated the Blue Jays 3-1 in the AL Championship and then went on to lose to the LA Dodgers 4-2.

Rod Carew was the AL Series MVP.

In the off-season, I was unable to come to terms with my alltime hits leader Doug DeCinces and he walks to play for rival Baltimore and return home where he started his career in 1973. Sad day for sure but, we just didn't have the funds to pay him and his agent was an ass what can I say...

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by USF; 11-01-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #52
USF
All Star Starter

Toronto has a very quiet off-season only signing a couple of FA. Buck Martinez C will be the teams backup catcher behind Dave Radar and Manny Castillo an INT FA joins the club to play the backup INF position.

We are started to suffer from a small budget as our players after some success are asking for big $$$$. I was able to sign most of them early on to extensions but, some of them are pretty crafty on knowing when to say no I will wait to talk. :-)

Preseason predictions (early on) have the Jays winning 90 games in a very close AL East battle. We will see when pre-season is over what the experts see when we run the predictions again.

I'm not as confident this season as last year but, who knows...

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #53
Scottiedog43
Major Leagues

I'm really enjoying following your franchise. Please, keep it going.
Scottiedog43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #54
USF
All Star Starter

Yes I will continue today, I was away on a business trip this past week :-)
Old 11-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #55
Scottiedog43
Major Leagues

Look up and find Lyman Bostock in your league.
He was a pretty good player...sadly though he was shot and killed.
Scottiedog43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #56
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog43 View Post
Look up and find Lyman Bostock in your league.
He was a pretty good player...sadly though he was shot and killed.
You asked and here he is!
Attached Images
Old 11-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #57
USF
All Star Starter

OK after a week long break due to "work" booo we are back in the saddle in my Jays replay. We just finished a successful spring by earning the best W/L record in MLB. We did suffer two significant injuries - Paul Molitor CF went down for 2 weeks but just returned for the start of the year and meanwhile Bob Horner 1B went down for 6 weeks ouch! so we are going to the depth chart and giving a call to Doug Ault "an original blue jay hero" to hold down the 1B fort until Horner returns.

I had to make two roster moves. I demoted Charlie Hough from the pen and Rudy May from the rotation.

Here is a quick update of where we stand right now - see pics: The experts predict the Tigers to win the AL East over the Yankees by 4 games and over my beloved Blue Jays by 9 games. We will see about that!

The minors is back into the #1 hole - can't wait for Orosco to make it to the big leagues!

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by USF; 11-07-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:03 PM   #58
USF
All Star Starter

Jays off to a slow start 0-4 but, couldn't resist this great news for my all time favorite player NOLAN RYAN.

Jason
Attached Images
Old 11-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #59
USF
All Star Starter

Toronto has reached the start of May in 1981 and after this first month of season the Blue Jays sit 3 games back of the favorite Detroit Tigers in the AL East with a 12-11 record.

The Minnesota Twins are off to a very hot start at 20-4!

Gorman Thomas who is looking for a 10 year extension is leading the offense with 7 HRs and 22 RBI. If Thomas doesn't accept my 1 year extension offer he maybe on the move by the trade deadline.

Fernando Valenzuela "El Toro" SP is off to a great rookie season with 2-2 record, 2.81 ERA, 32IP, 25Ks.

Jason
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #60
USF
All Star Starter

The 1981 draft pool has been revealed and the Jays will be picking #27 overall.

Some excellent talent available this year and likely Toronto will miss out on all of them :-(

Jason
Attached Images