Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #361
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

That doesn't seem to happen to me.

Question to the people that have rosters changed: do you hit "submit roster" again after your roster loads, or do you just have it appear and then log out again? Because I submit manually again and that seems to work pretty well.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #362
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

Question to the people that have rosters changed: do you hit "submit roster" again after your roster loads, or do you just have it appear and then log out again? Because I submit manually again and that seems to work pretty well.

I haven't had the issue either. I manually submit every time I change anything and also immediately after sighing up.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:22 AM   #363
atabakin
All Star Reserve

This was the first time it happened to me. I always submit multiple times. I didn't check the roster again after the tournament was pushed back a day, though. Didn't think I'd have to.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:05 AM   #364
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

Yes, some psychologists would even call me OCD about it...

It only happened in 1 out of 20 tournaments but it just happened to be one of the ones where I carefully put together the team.

The only thing I can think of is a sort of AI auto-fill for teams that don't have a passable roster but I don't understand then why my roster was accepted when submitted.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:20 AM   #365
raslavens
Minors (Single A)

When you carefully build a cap team over a long period, you "submit" many times to save your progress and make sure your team is legal. There was no forgetting to submit.

EDIT: Just opened the results to the Tuesday Super Non-Live tourney and the EXACT. DANG. THING. HAPPENED. A completely different roster than I had submitted. ALSO, I found that most of my top players were made inactive even though I had originally imported from my regular Perfect Team. All my other tourneys are fine. THERE IS A MAJOR BUG HERE FOLKS.

Last edited by raslavens; 11-21-2019 at 09:27 AM.
raslavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:27 AM   #366
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by raslavens View Post
When you carefully build a cap team over a long period, you "submit" many times to save your progress and make sure your team is legal. There was no forgetting to submit.

EDIT: Just opened the results to the Tuesday Super Non-Live tourney and the EXACT. DANG. THING. HAPPENED. A completely different roster than I had submitted. ALSO, I found that most of my top players were made inactive even though I had originally imported from my regular Perfect Team. All my other tourneys are fine. THERE IS A MAJOR BUG HERE FOLKS.
I've done maybe 30 tourneys and haven't seen this yet. Maybe the devs could take a look.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:28 AM   #367
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I've done maybe 30 tourneys and haven't seen this yet. Maybe the devs could take a look.
We've seen some reports of this. We're looking at it.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #368
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Why do we have to download team graphics every round? Can't these be stored locally? I don't care if someone randomly changes their graphics in the middle of a tournament.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #369
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Or is there an option to just disable all of them entirely? I really don't care about someones logo
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #370
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
1. Daily Historical Double RR: stuck on the first round for hours, never started but can't withdraw
2. Tuesday Super Non-Live: I guess it is stuck. I can't get in now. I can't withdraw from this one either.
3. Hunt for Pedro: I was eliminated in the first round, but at least it ran.

Those were my three tournaments for today. I am not really feeling the fun here.
Personally? Regarding I am not really feeling the fun here.... For some tournaments, I think they go a bit quick... Wouldn't mind at least 15 minutes between games & uniform off-days between home & road games or series. (If series games took place on the same day.)

Maybe it is even possible to add an off day here & there without the clock? Just like a minute since it is a tournament off-day? But for stamina purposes & overall timing?

I think they MIGHT be more enjoyable at something like 15-15-15-off day without clock or very short-15-15...same between series maybe?

They go REAL quick now while the season is active as well. Maybe that's fine for some of them but I don't mind the longer format timewise for many.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #371
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

A possible variation on this theme... I made a change this morning to my Bronze format that included adding a new RFer and a new Catcher to use in a platoon with the previous full time starter. I exported the template to file.

I go to join a 2nd Bronze format team... All the changes I made were present in the default load (including the new RFer), except the new catcher was not on the roster. I then imported the roster, and the catcher was still missing while all other roster changes were present. I manually added the missing catcher back in and exported the file again. The catcher has been present in all subsequent imports and game defaults.

I find it curious that all my changes stuck in both the default load and the file except one of the two new players. Either way though, it appears to be resolved, and I even won one of the tournaments, a first for me

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #372
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I noticed a player with all LHP in the starting rotation not going deep into games with an all RHP bullpen. With the series tied 2-2, I made 7-day lineup for the next 3 games, featuring the lineup used for RHP, but with the best against LHP at the top of the order. The series ends on a Tuesday. In subsequent tournaments I noticed this same special lineup slotted in for other game 7's that are played on a Tuesday until I manually deleted it, so there must be something not properly clearing 7-day lineups.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #373
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

The roster over-writing bug is back. I just checked the 32 man silver ID50 that has been running for a couple hours and my entire depth chart was replaced with my DoD roster that I had entered earlier. So now I have to play the last three rounds with three starting pitchers until I can enter another silver tournament.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #374
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

I had the same issue with the roster customizations affecting another tournament. It happened to be the exact same kind.

The second tournament started with my number #5 pitcher, then #4, then #1, which was the same as the ongoing tournament's staff.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:08 PM   #375
Mike Burks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

3 man rotation in tournaments

In eight team tournaments DoD there are only three rounds and you only need three starters, but I can't change the rotation to less than four starting pitchers, has anybody else had that problem?
Mike Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #376
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

I posted about the overwrite bug in the main PT Bug Reports forum because I thought this thread had moved on to other issues. Please see my post here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=308494

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #377
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

In the Daily Deadball tournament going on now I was able to set an opener and a follower during the roster setup phase.

Now that it's live, my SP is still listed as a Follower (It says (Fo)) next to his name, but my Opener is no longer listed as an opener.

However follower option is now gone from the game strategy page and the opener option is not available for RPs.

Not sure if this is intentional for "dead ball era" and it's implementation is incomplete, or if its a bug that it's not using the intended strategy.

FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:04 PM   #378
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I think you should be able to change rosters after the tournament is over. It can be convenient to make changes while you are doing a post mortem, but are locked in 3 other tournaments of different types.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #379
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Hiding pitching strategies for teams you do not control----
Rotation mode and Allow SP in relief strategies are still visible.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #380
Barmy Fungy-Phipps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Burks View Post
In eight team tournaments DoD there are only three rounds and you only need three starters, but I can't change the rotation to less than four starting pitchers, has anybody else had that problem?
I've been able to adjust it once it starts. I like a starter as long reliever anyway, so I put that guy in the fourth slot and then switch it to a three man rotation and slot him in the bullpen after the first game. I'm sure you could just stick a reliever there and do the same thing. But I'm never really pressed for roster space in 8 team tournaments, so I could just as easily stick a random filler in that spot since he won't be used.
Barmy Fungy-Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote