Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Announcing OOTP 21, Pre-Order Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,794
Thanks: 406
Thanked 703x in 516 posts
Suspended for body language

Really?
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,028
Thanks: 146
Thanked 367x in 261 posts
All of this coming from the player. Would like to hear from the coach and the 2 sisters. May or may not be more to the story.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cobra Mgr (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,000
Thanks: 20
Thanked 172x in 143 posts
There's only one form of body language that I could think of that would get you suspended. It would also be considered “conduct unbecoming of a member of the team”. Probably responding to a heckler. That's my best guess.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
pilight
All Star Reserve
 
pilight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where the Action is
Posts: 540
Thanks: 13
Thanked 203x in 149 posts
Actually, she flipped off the coach. Pitts was only blindsided because her previous coaches had let her do whatever she wanted. Lindsey Whalen is not that kind of coach.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:25 PM   #5
Reed
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,028
Thanks: 146
Thanked 367x in 261 posts
I read Kirk Hastons book about his time playing at Indiana for B. knight. One day when they came in for practice one of the players found his locker empty except for a tennis racket. The player took the tennis racket out to the gym and asked Knight what was up with that. Knight told him basketball was a team sport but since he refused to play as part of the team, he was off the team and could go play and individual game like tennis. And he was off the team.
Excellent book by the way if you enjoy college basketball.

Last edited by Reed; 01-18-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:35 PM   #6
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,794
Thanks: 406
Thanked 703x in 516 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
I read Kirk Hastons book about his time playing at Indiana for B. knight. One day when they came in for practice one of the players found his locker empty except for a tennis racket. The player took the tennis racket out to the gym and asked Knight what was up with that. Knight told him basketball was a team sport but since he refused to play as part of the team, he was off the team and could go play and individual game like tennis. And he was off the team.
Excellent book by the way if you enjoy college basketball.
I found nothing enjoyable about Boob Knight's career except when he got fired.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Rizon (01-21-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #7
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,794
Thanks: 406
Thanked 703x in 516 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilight View Post
Actually, she flipped off the coach. Pitts was only blindsided because her previous coaches had let her do whatever she wanted. Lindsey Whalen is not that kind of coach.
I haven't found anything that said she flipped off the coach. The best clue, if it is one, that I found was a video of her not slapping 5 with the coach during a timeout.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #8
CBeisbol
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 468
Thanks: 231
Thanked 182x in 120 posts
Has the team said anything about the reason for the suspension? Or just Pitts?

It's always amusing, and sad, when people say something like, "this is so stupid. I can't believe it", then the thing turns put to be false, but they believed it

Anyway, I, obviously, have no more information than anyone else about what happened, but, I imagine that, while some body language on its own might merit a suspension, that body language was only part of the reason for this suspension.
__________________
A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep. - Salman Rushdie
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:11 PM   #9
pilight
All Star Reserve
 
pilight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where the Action is
Posts: 540
Thanks: 13
Thanked 203x in 149 posts
Coach Whalen's statement: "I will always respect the privacy of a student-athlete and will continue to do so. We wish Destiny the best moving forward."
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #10
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,794
Thanks: 406
Thanked 703x in 516 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilight View Post
Coach Whalen's statement: "I will always respect the privacy of a student-athlete and will continue to do so. We wish Destiny the best moving forward."
And that tells us what about the situation? It could mean exactly what she says and doesn't dispute what the player says. It could mean the coach's position is indefensible and nothing she says could keep her from coming off like an egotistical power-mad dictator.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #11
Reed
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,028
Thanks: 146
Thanked 367x in 261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I found nothing enjoyable about Boob Knight's career except when he got fired.
Back in the late 70s my aunt and uncle who are now deceased lived near Danville Indiana. Late one afternoon they were driving on a county road when their car overheated and my uncle pulled over and stopped the car. My uncle was under the hood when a car stopped behind theirs. My uncle looked around the hood and it was Bobby Knight getting out of his car. Bobby Knight came up and asked if there was anything he could do. He waited with them until the car cooled down and he then gave my uncle a couple tickets to a game and left.
Yes, he did some things that he should not have done but he has also done a lot of positive things also.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #12
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer
 
Cobra Mgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 3,794
Thanks: 406
Thanked 703x in 516 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Back in the late 70s my aunt and uncle who are now deceased lived near Danville Indiana. Late one afternoon they were driving on a county road when their car overheated and my uncle pulled over and stopped the car. My uncle was under the hood when a car stopped behind theirs. My uncle looked around the hood and it was Bobby Knight getting out of his car. Bobby Knight came up and asked if there was anything he could do. He waited with them until the car cooled down and he then gave my uncle a couple tickets to a game and left.
Yes, he did some things that he should not have done but he has also done a lot of positive things also.
I'm sure he wasn't Satan. But behaving like a decent human being 75% of the time doesn't give one license to be a tail end the other 25%. The thing is, he chose to present that evil persona in public. All of the charitable things people say he did were done out of sight. He himself is to blame for how he is perceived in the public eye. He wanted this. I aim to give him exactly what he wanted. Behave like a jerk, he gets thought of as a jerk.
__________________
If a man is guilty
4 what goes on inside of his mind,
then let me get the electric chair
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:42 AM   #13
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,000
Thanks: 20
Thanked 172x in 143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
And that tells us what about the situation? It could mean exactly what she says and doesn't dispute what the player says. It could mean the coach's position is indefensible and nothing she says could keep her from coming off like an egotistical power-mad dictator.
I'll stick with my guess. It's the most logical although there could be more to it. "Body language" is a very good way to describe it without actually saying what she did. And if that is the case the coach wouldn't have to say anything. I don't know, I could be completely wrong. I'm just going by how it played out so far.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments